Inu, 4 week ban

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I know this is going to be controversial but I am going to have to come down on the side that says education is a good thing. 

I think some of the posts on this thread have proven this quite powerfully.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Salford and the RFL conducted an investigation. It is hard to deny it when it appears in writing. "so called victim" is unacceptable following a trial in a court of law. He was Guilty. This crosses the line in "supporting a mate"

2 months ban is from the date of his suspension, and I think 4 weeks is the max fine for a club to impose.

Inu also has a warning that any repeat will have consequences.

Education will inform him why the phrase used is so offensive

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The comparison with a speed awareness course was interesting , I've been on 2 , they are only made available to people who've exceeded a limit by a relatively small amount ( up to 7/8 mph over the limit ) , exceed it by 15 mph and it isn't offered , so essentially it is to help remind you of ways to identify the speed limit wherever you are even if there are no actual signs , therefore preventing somebody from making a ' mistake '

I'm sure Mr Inu doesn't need educating that it is wrong to assault anybody , either physically or sexually , I'm sure he knows that is wrong , will an ' education ' course change his opinion on assault ? , Doubtful , will it change his opinion on Mr Haynes conviction ? , Probably not , about as much chance of that as posters on here changing their views 

But Salford have taken the lead , that is the right thing to do 

Speed awareness courses are not about people who make mistakes. They are for people who decide to drive at 80 on the motorway instead of 70. They help you understand the risks and impacts that that extra speed can have. You them go away and hopefully live your life more sagely, you make your own choices (hence you attending twice 🤣).

I expect the training Inu will undertake will be similar, it will look at sexual conduct, social media approach and impact on victims. It will try and make him understand the impact his words can have, but he will then go and live his life how he chooses. 

Almost exactly like normal education, that I assume people normally see as a good thing. 

19 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Speed awareness courses are not about people who make mistakes. They are for people who decide to drive at 80 on the motorway instead of 70. They help you understand the risks and impacts that that extra speed can have. You them go away and hopefully live your life more sagely, you make your own choices (hence you attending twice 🤣).

I expect the training Inu will undertake will be similar, it will look at sexual conduct, social media approach and impact on victims. It will try and make him understand the impact his words can have, but he will then go and live his life how he chooses. 

Almost exactly like normal education, that I assume people normally see as a good thing. 

I "had" to go on a speed awareness course, I was caught doing 45 in a 40 (actually I was caught slowing down to 40 from a 60 zone) and never considered myself a speeder, I drive carefully, especially with my family in the car. But the course was definitely an eye opener for me, had an impact and where I used to thing going 4 or 5 mph faster was "acceptable " I now no longer think that. And I'm much more relaxed on the road because of it, why speed everywhere to get somewhere 5 minutes faster but stressed. 

I've spoke to others who say the course they did was rubbish, which was down to the people giving it. As ever education will only be as good as the capability of the educator. But in general its obviously a good thing and should hopefully have an impact on someone intelligent enough to take it in...

Hence Gubrats attending twice 😉

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, but who is the author of the programme?

Again as Fighting Irish says.

It is all about opinions Dunbar, quite obviously yours is the correct one!

My opinion is that if he comes out of the programme with a better understanding of the impact of rape on the victim and decides to not post social media messages disparaging victims of rape in the future then that would be a good thing.

Happy if you have a different opinion.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The comparison with a speed awareness course was interesting , I've been on 2 , they are only made available to people who've exceeded a limit by a relatively small amount ( up to 7/8 mph over the limit ) , exceed it by 15 mph and it isn't offered , so essentially it is to help remind you of ways to identify the speed limit wherever you are even if there are no actual signs , therefore preventing somebody from making a ' mistake '

I'm sure Mr Inu doesn't need educating that it is wrong to assault anybody , either physically or sexually , I'm sure he knows that is wrong , will an ' education ' course change his opinion on assault ? , Doubtful , will it change his opinion on Mr Haynes conviction ? , Probably not , about as much chance of that as posters on here changing their views 

But Salford have taken the lead , that is the right thing to do 

actually its 10% + 2mph... guess who's just had to do one!

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

My opinion is that if he comes out of the programme with a better understanding of the impact of rape on the victim and decides to not post social media messages disparaging victims of rape in the future then that would be a good thing.

Happy if you have a different opinion.

Yes I do have a different opinion, but as you can see I edited my post, you just got to it earlier than I did.

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, but who is the author of the programme?

When Wakefield have their racial awareness training after they didn't take the knee, led by Alex Simmons, do you think he mentioned dressing your mate up in blackface for banter on your TV show being OK? 🙂

30 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

When Wakefield have their racial awareness training after they didn't take the knee, led by Alex Simmons, do you think he mentioned dressing your mate up in blackface for banter on your TV show being OK? 🙂

Not taking the knee isn't a reason for racial awareness training. 

A proper example would be when the Wigan player used the term Polynesian in a negative context. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I "had" to go on a speed awareness course, I was caught doing 45 in a 40 (actually I was caught slowing down to 40 from a 60 zone) and never considered myself a speeder, I drive carefully, especially with my family in the car. But the course was definitely an eye opener for me, had an impact and where I used to thing going 4 or 5 mph faster was "acceptable " I now no longer think that. And I'm much more relaxed on the road because of it, why speed everywhere to get somewhere 5 minutes faster but stressed. 

I've spoke to others who say the course they did was rubbish, which was down to the people giving it. As ever education will only be as good as the capability of the educator. But in general its obviously a good thing and should hopefully have an impact on someone intelligent enough to take it in...

Hence Gubrats attending twice 😉

The best way to help keep your speed down is have a head up display ... They work well.  These courses work to a point you will learn something.  But keeping your speedo in your eyeline really helps, even if its a sat nav.

It's baffling to me that people would be against trying to educate people about the impact of sexual abuse on victims and the impact your actions can have. 

Nobody is talking about brainwashing or anything like that. It does raise the question why anyone would be against his employer insisting he has training in this area. 

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's baffling to me that people would be against trying to educate people about the impact of sexual abuse on victims and the impact your actions can have. 

Nobody is talking about brainwashing or anything like that. It does raise the question why anyone would be against his employer insisting he has training in this area. 

Especially when that insistence would be in lieu of a larger fine/ban or possibly termination of his contract.  Literally none of this is bad... well apart from his posts disparaging a victim of rape in the first place.

Yet some people seem to want to defend his right to post that and not his employers decision on the outcome of the investigation. I really do struggle to follow the logic of some people on here.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, RP London said:

actually its 10% + 2mph... guess who's just had to do one!

Its actually not though is it? Its the actual speed limit, the 10% +2 is only a guideline and you can still be prosecuted if you go even 1mph over the speed limit depending on the circumstances, I think.

1 hour ago, Niels said:

Not taking the knee isn't a reason for racial awareness training. 

A proper example would be when the Wigan player used the term Polynesian in a negative context. 

Sorry, I should have said that's the reason they were said to have had that training after the backlash for not kneeling.

If anyone is in any doubt that education is needed in this area, read the recent Ofsted reprot about the number of requests young girls receive daily for nude pictures, or semi nude pictures. Also look at the survey for the inappropriate touching in schools, sexual pressure, etc. Imagine this is your 12 year old in school then tell me education is brain washing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-57411363

14 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

If anyone is in any doubt that education is needed in this area, read the recent Ofsted reprot about the number of requests young girls receive daily for nude pictures, or semi nude pictures. Also look at the survey for the inappropriate touching in schools, sexual pressure, etc. Imagine this is your 12 year old in school then tell me education is brain washing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-57411363

I was just talking about this report to my wife this lunchtime.  Our little girl is going to be 8 in two months and she is just wakening up to the world of social media (through comments on YouTube Kids videos and the chat features on games like Minecraft and Roblox).  We were discussing what we should do when she wants a phone or an Instagram account etc.  Should we protect her by not exposing her to social media (and risk her being alienated at school cause all the kids have them) or provide access and help her by supporting her and teaching her what is appropriate or not.

The report is scary in how it details the pressure that young girls are under today. Two things I know for sure.  One is that whatever we decide to do with our daughter there are going to be some bumps and heartaches along the way. And two, having any grown man post on social media to his followers about a 'so called' rape victim is not helping one bit.

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

I was just talking about this report to my wife this lunchtime.  Our little girl is going to be 8 in two months and she is just wakening up to the world of social media (through comments on YouTube Kids videos and the chat features on games like Minecraft and Roblox).  We were discussing what we should do when she wants a phone or an Instagram account etc.  Should we protect her by not exposing her to social media (and risk her being alienated at school cause all the kids have them) or provide access and help her by supporting her and teaching her what is appropriate or not.

The report is scary in how it details the pressure that young girls are under today. Two things I know for sure.  One is that whatever we decide to do with our daughter there are going to be some bumps and heartaches along the way. And two, having any grown man post on social media to his followers about a 'so called' rape victim is not helping one bit.

She doesn't need a social media account,  tell her they're for grown ups.

At that age social media accounts are a window for bullys  and tosspots at school being able to bully at home.

19 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

She doesn't need a social media account,  tell her they're for grown ups.

At that age social media accounts are a window for bullys  and tosspots at school being able to bully at home.

It is.  But it is also a way for her to fall out of any circle of (good) friends if they have them and she doesn't if all the chat is over social media.

But it isn't now anyway - it is a few years away.  But I don't expect any of today's problems will have gone away by then.

57 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It is.  But it is also a way for her to fall out of any circle of (good) friends if they have them and she doesn't if all the chat is over social media.

But it isn't now anyway - it is a few years away.  But I don't expect any of today's problems will have gone away by then.

I'm glad, my daughter reached maturity before this social media scourge fully developed.

The idea of allowing every Tom Dick and Harry a window (let alone a doorway) into my daughter's life (at any age) seems completely crazy to me.

It seems that in the headlong rush to acquire a social media account, our young people have abandoned the whole concept of privacy, or certainly place very little value on it. They are, of course encouraged down this road by the purveyors of these facilities.

I have no doubt, that exposing your whole life (on a social media platform) undermines a person's (especially a child's) self esteem. Unfortunately, it may not become apparent until much later, when it's too late.

(When the whole world's seen your ar se).

When parents are thinking of making a gift of these things to their children, they should do some ''full scope accounting'' and factor in the total (long term) cost, of any short term benefits that might seem attractive, with these gimmicks.

It's quite likely that Inu's attitude (the subject of this discussion) was honed by and on social media.

If large numbers of children are bullying their class mates into sending explicit photographs of themselves, over the net, we shouldn't be surprised when a lack of respect for the tragic victims of date rape becomes apparent in the kind of comments Inu made public.

It sounds to me, like we could be facing an epidemic in the near future.

Archived