Away Travel

Assuming any trip to/from France would include an overnight stay, what would be the longest journey in one day, and allowing a 3pm ko, what would be the home time for example London to Newcastle, or Skolars to Workington? Or reverse journeys, Assuming post match shower, beer, & food..

3pm - 3.40pm

3.50pm restart 

4.30pm + injury time, clock stops etc 4.40pm ish

Thank fans + post Match interviews 4.55pm 

HC quick immediate debrief in changing room 5pm 

Dump kit & quick shower 5.20pm 

Get on coach, coach departs 5.30pm 

Kingston Park, Newcastle to London 5 hour drive on Sunday evening. 10.30pm drop off point. Players get home between 11 and 11.30pm Sunday night. 

??? 

45 minutes longer journey from Workington back to the Skolars, so Skolars players get home at midnight. ? 

I mean this weekend, I assume Toulouse will fly in on Saturday, and stay in their usual Leeds Hotel, Bradford to Featherstone is an easy one hour coach trip, as is York to Halifax, Newcastle to Swinton (Sale) & back is a midnight return, as is Broncos to Widnes, God alone knows what the journey time to/from London & Newcastle or Whitehaven would be like.

4 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

3pm - 3.40pm

3.50pm restart 

4.30pm + injury time, clock stops etc 4.40pm ish

Thank fans + post Match interviews 4.55pm 

HC quick immediate debrief in changing room 5pm 

Dump kit & quick shower 5.20pm 

Get on coach, coach departs 5.30pm 

No post match refreshments? That would add an hour, at least.

8 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

When you have that distance to travel you eat pizza or whatever in changing room concurrently, on the go or take it for coach trip. 

Nice, cold pizza after a game. Healthy. 

11 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

When you have that distance to travel you eat pizza or whatever in changing room concurrently, on the go or take it for coach trip. 

I thought it was in the rules of the game that hosts provide a meal for the visitors, it certainly was when I played & was on the committee. I was for one season refreshment organiser. I used to ring the opposition secretary to find out if there was anything they didn't like, as hosts we wanted to be friendly after hammering them.

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

I thought it was in the rules of the game that hosts provide a meal for the visitors, it certainly was when I played & was on the committee. I was for one season refreshment organiser. I used to ring the opposition secretary to find out if there was anything they didn't like, as hosts we wanted to be friendly after hammering them.

They still got pie, mash, & peas though.

Unless there are 2 drivers there'd definitely have to be a stop for the driver on the way as well.

And for the likes of Skolars, getting home will involve a night bus for some after getting off the team coach.

West Wales to Cumbria and vice-versa must be one of the longest trips in terms of time though.

2 minutes ago, PhilCarrington said:

Unless there are 2 drivers there'd definitely have to be a stop for the driver on the way as well.

And for the likes of Skolars, getting home will involve a night bus for some after getting off the team coach.

West Wales to Cumbria and vice-versa must be one of the longest trips in terms of time though.

Yeah rest Stop for driver to be factored in. 

Even though Workington is further north than Haven, it takes longer to get to Haven cos of A66. Yeah seems like Llanelli to Whitehaven must be longest at about 6 and half hours all been well. 

Archived