North Wales Crusaders v Doncaster behind closed doors!

The Welsh Government have told North Wales Crusaders that Sunday's League 1 clash with Doncaster will now have to be played behind closed doors!

The capacity was already restricted to 400 home fans, with just 78 tickets unsold this afternoon after going on sale this morning. Ironically, it will be possible to pile into the pub near the ground and watch the game in there. No doubt Colwyn Bay, Llandudno and Conwy will be full of day trippers on Sunday, blissfully unaware that the area is now a hot spot for the delta variant.

One consolation for Doncaster fans, the game will now be live on Our League.

https://northwalescrusaders.com/2021/06/09/crusaders-clash-with-doncaster-to-be-played-behind-closed-doors/

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

11 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Where are they playing I would love short holiday up that neck of the woods maybe September.

Paul

Stadiwm Zip World (Eirias Park) in Colwyn Bay. But you'll probably have to watch the game in the caravan on Our League.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

3 minutes ago, weighman said:

What is going on ?

As a Doncaster paid for package , then home fans allowed so stream cancelled .  Got a refund today.

The game is back on Our League. The club are now having to refund home fans who have paid for tickets!

Why can't they arrange to swap the fixture with Doncaster, so it is played in Doncaster and the Doncaster vs NW fixture later in the season becomes a NW home fixture?  I know it's late notice, but surely it can be done, especially seeing as football is now it its off-season, I doubt there is anyone else using Keepmoat stadium this weekend.

53 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Feel really sorry for the club. It's nonsense that 400 fans can't meet in the open air, socially distanced but it's ok to pack into a pub in doors to, possibly, watch it on TV.

There’ll be far more people than that at Conwy Castle on Sunday, and on the pier at Llandudno. I bet they wouldn’t have done it if the Union season was on. 

29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

There’ll be far more people than that at Conwy Castle on Sunday, and on the pier at Llandudno. I bet they wouldn’t have done it if the Union season was on. 

Union's mostly South Wales and the Valleys, it's never made much headway in the North in spite of putting some time and effort into getting the locals to notice - it's mostly soccer here which gives the Cru a big opportunity if we play our cards right!

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Union's mostly South Wales and the Valleys, it's never made much headway in the North in spite of putting some time and effort into getting the locals to notice - it's mostly soccer here which gives the Cru a big opportunity if we play our cards right!

I think it's a good idea to relocate to the coast, but how did that go down with Wrexham based fans ? 

3 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

I think it's a good idea to relocate to the coast, but how did that go down with Wrexham based fans ? 

Hard to say at the moment. No doubt we will lose some support as some folks will not like travelling 40 miles for a home game. However the core support will treat it as a day out and will turn up and I envisage quite a few locals will join us and hopefully people on holiday will take a look at us. Overall attendance will increase. Of the 400 places available the majority were sold within a couple of hours of going on sale.

Totally disproportionate action by the authorities.  The same authorities that allow TFW trains to be packed like sardines and people indoors restaurants/pubs.  How can it be a danger for 400 people in a 6000 capacity outdoor stadium?  Utter madness. 

Just to look at some positives this week.

The club has launched a new website, and it appears that season ticket sales are already double what they were at Queensway, with people even buying season tickets this week, despite the fact that we have now played a third of our home games. While 400 would have been considered a poor crowd at the Racecourse, it would have been seen as a good crowd at Queensway, so we are moving in the right direction on the spectator front and just need a chance to prove it.

The club is looking more professional by the day, perfectly illustrated by CEO Andy Moulsdale's message this morning. 

https://northwalescrusaders.com/2021/06/09/message-from-ceo-andy-moulsdale-to-crusaders-fans/

And I have just got home from work to read some more good news. The club have appointed former England RU international Richard Greenwood OBE as it's first president.

https://northwalescrusaders.com/2021/06/10/first-ever-president-appointed-at-crusaders/

3 hours ago, DEANO said:

The world’s gone mad. You couldn’t make it up

Many and varied are the ways of the dark side.......

6 hours ago, clwydianrange said:

Hard to say at the moment. No doubt we will lose some support as some folks will not like travelling 40 miles for a home game. However the core support will treat it as a day out and will turn up and I envisage quite a few locals will join us and hopefully people on holiday will take a look at us. Overall attendance will increase. Of the 400 places available the majority were sold within a couple of hours of going on sale.

For me, jumping in the car and popping up to Colwyn Bay isn't an issue, the biggest thing at the moment would be having to buy tickets well in advance but not knowing until an hour or less before kick-off if I can actually go due to home commitments. Stroll on the restrictions being lifted.....

Cru being based in town meant I could be at Queensway in 10-12 minutes (and less when at the Racecourse) and just pay on the gate on arrival. Will have to factor in the extra travel time in future, which could mean me missing more games 😞 

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Archived