Sat 12-Sun 13 Jun: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

5 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Next home game vs Workington so should be aiming for 2000 again.  

Even if you dont go up putting yourself in a strong financial position next year when central funding is gone. But win vs Workington and you are in a great position to do so. 

There 950 people booked for tomorrow Sunday to watch the soccer. All spending money in the bar all adding to the Raiders coffers.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, dead man inc said:

Really poor today, worst performance of the season & poor discipline cost them again. 1st half was pretty much ‘Hunslet receive ball from kick off, make it to around half way line then Skolars give penalty away giving Hunslet another 6 tackles from which they score’ repeat process until half time & game over!

Hunslets full back unfortunately suffered a serious looking achilles injury right at the start of the game - hope he gets good treatment at the hospital & best wishes for his recovery.

That sounds far too familiar. It is very frustrating as when we get our act together we are good. The team needs a "RL mentality"  that includes discipline and playing for the full 80mins. I  think players that have not grown up in the sport can find that hard. I couldn't go this week due to puppy minding (see below) but will be next week.

2FBC85F0-BAAC-4852-9841-F5043A57D29A.jpeg

12 hours ago, dead man inc said:

Really poor today, worst performance of the season & poor discipline cost them again. 1st half was pretty much ‘Hunslet receive ball from kick off, make it to around half way line then Skolars give penalty away giving Hunslet another 6 tackles from which they score’ repeat process until half time & game over!

Hunslets full back unfortunately suffered a serious looking achilles injury right at the start of the game - hope he gets good treatment at the hospital & best wishes for his recovery.

Agree 100 percent with this. Also I'd add, get a penalty, kick to the long side, miss touch and concede a try.

Still, they were good in the first 5 minutes (after the injury delay, I'm not trying to be sarcastic), and it was great to be back watching live rugby.  I had a good 40 minutes bike ride each way to and from the game and a nice pint too. Hunslet fans singing "Fiver a pint  you're having a laugh." Come on it was only £3.50 for an Old Speckled Hen😊.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

15 minutes ago, latchford albion said:

Still, they were good in the first 5 minutes (after the injury delay,

We often score early on don't we? I  have a  theory that  it takes the side who has travelled  down to London a little while to get into their stride after the trip and that's why we do well at the start!

58 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

So cute!! We've got a giraffe like that for our baby girl, he's called Jeff 🙂 

Thank you! He is a Parsons Russell Terrier called Timmy. Its like having a fully formed toddler arrive in your home! A future Skolars mascot!

13 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

dunno what's happened to Cru today....

Came up against a Donny side on a roll. Lovely venue you have there, keep the faith your time will come.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

27 minutes ago, weighman said:

Doncaster won just.

That was honestly a fantastic performance from the Dons. We did everything right and no one in this league would have come close. Only disappointment was an uncharacteristically poor goal kicking performance from Matty. Hope he's ok btw. Took a couple of big knocks.

10 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

That was honestly a fantastic performance from the Dons. We did everything right and no one in this league would have come close. Only disappointment was an uncharacteristically poor goal kicking performance from Matty. Hope he's ok btw. Took a couple of big knocks.

Or possibly: nothing to see here. Move along. I've got carried away after one good game

1 hour ago, Rob Nash said:

Barrow v Doncaster on  4 July might give you a pointer

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

7 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Barrow v Doncaster on  4 July might give you a pointer

I'd settle for a point from that game😀

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

Archived