Sat 12-Sun13 Jun: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

37 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I will take the last gasp win. What do you mean dubious pass - have you not heard about the momentum rule 😉. Anyway game in the books now.

Yes, good close game which could've gone either way. Hard to see either side threatening Toulouse, but both looking massively better than they were in the opening rounds. Kudos to the single London fan at today's game, who appears to be making the most of the cheap pints in Widnes right now.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Featherstone crush Bradford 44-0 and frankly the score flattered Bradford as Fev bombed a number of tries, could easily have been 60+. Some fantastic tries scored though and some great defence when Bradford got near the line.

A bit of gloom though that very much dampened the occasion as poor Brad Day looked like he may have sustained another bad injury and Thomas Minns, another who has struggled with serious injuries, also had to be helped off. A bad day all round for injuries as Ben Evans and Ebon Scurr both sustained bad-looking injuries, Scurr had to be stretchered off in an incident that delayed the game by about ten minutes.

1 minute ago, RigbyLuger said:

Bulls Twitter blaming the ref for disallowing a try. Not like them or a club commentator to call into question officials is it? 🤨

Do they have an opinion on the timekeeper?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

26 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Bulls Twitter blaming the ref for disallowing a try. Not like them or a club commentator to call into question officials is it? 🤨

Scores like that indicate Fev have hit them with everything but the kitchen sink.  Even if we give them the officials being bad, what about the rest?

i don’t see any team, yet, challenging TO or Fev.  

21 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Hope not because one of their players was down quite a while ,hope he's ok.

Still getting treatment it seems?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

What a great weekend of Champ RL.  Widnes narrow loss is painful but shows huge improvement from start of season.

Huge win for London puts them two wins clear of York. A massive win for Thunder and Whitehaven losing means they are in the mix. And next week, Thunder at home to Oldham  (a revenge game and relegation decider there). And Batley just keep winning against the teams they should. 

And yep Widnes out of playoff hunt now. So its Toulouse Fev and Bulls top 3. Then three from Batley,  Broncos,  Fax and York.  

Chuck a blanket over Vikings Sheffield and Dewsbury.  

Then two from Thunder, Haven, Oldham and Swinton.  What a great season. 

I'd say Swinton were done. So one from Newcastle, Whitehaven & Oldham.

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will ask again, is James Ford as good as we are being told he is?

Nailed on for the Leigh job I hear.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Clubs without infrastructure, such as Swinton, are more at risk . Championship clubs probably worse off than say Keighley who can probably survive the 75k loss. 

What do you mean by Infrastructure?

22 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Excuse me, Ralph Rimmer was a development officer?

Just seems a bit left field considering his initial stance on the academy ruling.

He was a development officer for Doncaster for a spell if I remember right.

Archived