Fri 11 Jun: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford Red Devils KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/21 at 19:15

To paraphrase Dominic Cummings; if Chris Kendall is the best we can muster than something somewhere is seriously wrong. Salford were always going to struggle in this game but our thin confidence was shot by an atrocious decision early on from the referee.

We've got our own problems to go away and address but it's poor decisions in games like this that can really break an already fragile team.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall was never the right fit to follow Watson at Salford, a poor choice, the club was crying out for a coach with some experience and pedigree, Marshall has neither. there are some good players in their squad but clearly they are very poorly coached and  have zero confidence at the moment, thats down to the poor management am afraid!

6 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I can promise you if it’s fixed in favour of certain teams, that’s your working hypothesis, then it certainly isn’t fixed in favour of Rovers! We hardly ever get the rub of the green, and the RFL cabal can’t stand us mate 

I did not say that HKR are one of the teams who are favoured. They aren’t. But I think you will agree that they were on the right side of some appalling decisions tonight.

11 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Genuinely didn’t think it was a red, it’s Rugby, people get hit.

I think he showed red as it made no difference as it was the end of the game. Hitting play makers late is being clamped down on though

Watched the game on sky and what a fantastic advert for the game the Hull KR fans and stadium game day production was. The place seemed to be bouncing and I am glad KR are finally getting a bit of success!

Whats interesting is they would have been relegated last year but after being protected from relegation had time to build for this year!

To place the blame on Kendall is stupid to say the least, did he knock on the kick off, did he kick the restart out on the full, did he drop the ball numerous times or miss tackles? All case's where Salford player's made mistakes and as so many have noticed referee's make mistakes too yet they are ruining the game and should be 100% perfect. The player's aren't held to those standards so why should the referee be? Accept it and move on, it will do wonder's for your blood pressure or ulcers.

I think the best team clearly won.

However it was impossible not to notice that the referee made a key mistake with the sin bin which badly affected the match as a contest. 

A pity, as I think his positional play is great. 

15 minutes ago, meast said:

Haven't watched or listened to any of the game but presuming by the comments on this that Salford, despite the 40-4 scoreline against them, were always in the game but the referee made some crucial errors in attack and was pretty poor defensively for Salford?

I think your presumption is incorrect. I have not seen any posts suggesting that Salford came anywhere near winning against the better team.   What I did see was one huge wrong decision that led directly  to Hull K R scoring 10 points more or less immediately afterwards when Salford were down to 12 players. The effect of that might have been that Salford were wary of trying legitimately steal for fear of being penalised unfairly leading to more points against them.  Several other decisions went against Salford but no more that is normal in any game given that refs ae generally only human, not divine. They need a new coach.

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

I did not say that HKR are one of the teams who are favoured. They aren’t. But I think you will agree that they were on the right side of some appalling decisions tonight.

Let me get this right; Kull KR aren't favoured, but today they were favoured? 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

so sad to see Salford on life support in the relegation zone....considering they just made a GF and CC final

I hope it isnt true but i have heard Salford are on life support operationally too.

On paper, not a bad side, and lets be honest, HKR play some decent unpredictable stuff. It was always going to be a tough gig for the red devils tonight.

Rovers are a very good team for a neutral to watch. I have been thoroughly entertained every time I watch their games on tv.

They are unpredictable and skillful which can be a great combination of attributes to possess.

Tony Smith and his coaching team are doing a tremendous job. 

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

8 hours ago, meast said:

Haven't watched or listened to any of the game but presuming by the comments on this that Salford, despite the 40-4 scoreline against them, were always in the game but the referee made some crucial errors in attack and was pretty poor defensively for Salford?

I watched the full game late last night already knowing the score.  The crucial incident happened when Salford were leading 4-0 after 17 minutes if I remember rightly.  The decision completely turned the balance of the game on it's head.

It's always a lottery with Kendal in charge and, a bit like Hicks, if one team upsets him they've had it.

Tony Smith was very vocal a couple of weeks ago about a ball steal decision (Hadley) and a red card decision (Simms).  Wonder what his thoughts are about last nights.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

7 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

First 15 mins Rovers didn't get a single decision but hung in and dominated the game thereafter.

The crowd got on Kendall's case vociferously until he relented. It's called home advantage.

Putting everything aside 40-4 tells it's own story.

Is this how you watch the game or are you just on a wind up?

And do you really believe your second line or is that part of this possible wind up?

Referees certainly make errors, the penalty and ensuing sin binning for the perfectly legal ball steal is crystal clear evidence of that. But to say Chris Kendall took to the field last night in a mind set of "I'm not awarding any advantage to Hull KR", then upon hearing the crowd's displeasure, changed his mind and started to lean towards Rovers, is suggesting he is corrupt and just wants an easy life.

I really hope that's not what you're intimating.

I think Rovers would have won comfortably regardless of the early sin binning but not by a margin of 36 points. 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

10 hours ago, johnh1 said:

I think we can all agree referees are consistent in only one regard, aye, they get stuff wrong. Sometimes it levels out, sometimes it doesn’t. 

Certainly don’t think there was owt wrong with the 1:1 strip in the 1st half, never a binning, and yup it swung momentum to Rovers more quickly than would otherwise have happened. On the flipside the binning of Quinlan was also comically harsh, you were well in the game then on paper but you didn’t do anything with it because for whatever reason your attack is misfiring? If you’d scored a couple of tries in those 10 mins - and bear in mind Rovers were down to 15 fit bodies so already weary without being one short on the field - then I’d be annoyed n’all. Swings and roundabouts.  

Refs make mistakes or heavy judgements at times mate, it doesn’t bother you so much when you win a few matches but when you’re on a bad run (and I’ve had enough of those) it starts to feel like something that it isn’t, ‘cos you need most calls to be in with a shout.

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

10 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

Genuinely didn’t think it was a red, it’s Rugby, people get hit.

Yes, it was not a red.  Abdul (?) was injured however. It's a question of if it was a fair tackle, but I would not have given a red.  A yellow still might have resulted in a suspension.

9 hours ago, meast said:

They still need to defend their line, no matter what the referee does.

I would argue that one try with a man down was given after a marginal and dubious 6 again.

There are too many marginal decisions which refs have to make.  But the strip given against Salrd was a very poor decision compounded by a poor 6 again.

Every new rule introduced by RFL etc make the game ever more worse.

Archived