Thu 10 Jun: SL: Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/21 at 19:15

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

Should be a yellow card, the tackle took him over the horizontal and then was driven, unintentionally, head first into the ground. Hope he's ok 

I think a yellow is lenient. It’s a red, for me. As you say, he’s been driven into the ground. 

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Did I see a Fijian flag by Qareqare’s name? He’s an Academy product, no? 

He came through Cas U-16s, and his parents are Fijian. His mum will be the proudest woman in Yorkshire today, I reckon.  

16 minutes ago, Dunedan said:

Jake Connor has all the talent in the world but ye gods he's difficult to like.

Getting totally skinned by a 17year debutante in the first minute of a game doesn't do his reputation much good.

9 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Getting totally skinned by a 17year debutante in the first minute of a game doesn't do his reputation much good.

True but Connor made up for it several times over. I'm surprised he didn't get the MoM award. He won't be selected at FB for England but I'd certainly have him in the squad he can cover a few positions.

Cas left out their entire spine and moved their best player McShane to half back where his effectiveness was much reduced. The result was that they had next to nothing to offer on attack.

Hull didn't have a lot to beat but that's not to say Cas didn't try they were stubborn at times. The result was never in doubt and when I saw Hull offered at -2 it looked like easy money and so it proved.

I thought that was a pretty decent game, Hull were just about in control and with a decent half back and a bit better execution cas could have made it a bit tighter.

Hull forwards totally battered Castleford though, the likes of Satae, Sao and Mau are impressive when they're in the mood!

I also thought Hicks had a good game, despite the usual slagging off of referees on here, it did threaten to get out hand a bit but his calm words to the captains seemed to have calmed it all down, I like the bit where he said he told Shenton he was fed up of Castleford players jumping up and down and waving their arms at legal tackles, although i think in hindsight he could have issued a card to Sneyd for the tackle on Foster.

But a lot of RL fans have it in for the referees and can't or won't see past their obvious disdain for them.

Anyway, I enjoyed that, although it appears not everyone enjoys a good, tough game of rugby. 

36 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

You choose that one moment to comment about Connor? The young lad was great on his feet and would probably have beaten most in a one on one.

Connor went on to be hugely influential in Hull's win and I thought should have at least been a MOM candidate.

Not a very inspiring game sadly but one or two enjoyable tries

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

You choose that one moment to comment about Connor? The young lad was great on his feet and would probably have beaten most in a one on one.

Connor went on to be hugely influential in Hull's win and I thought should have at least been a MOM candidate.

Not a very inspiring game sadly but one or two enjoyable tries

Indeed. 17 or not the kid looks rapid. If Connor had it again he would probably decide against showing him the outside, but if someone is just quicker than you it's hard to do anything about it. Connor picked Cas apart for much of the game after that.

A very physical game which got very close to getting out of hand at times. I thought Sneyd should have maybe seen a card, although there was no intent, just poor technique which happens sometimes with a small man on a bigger one.

I thought we started very slowly but once we got going and the forwards got on top I thought we looked much slicker with ball in hand. Reynolds did a couple of silly things but he also looked much busier and linked really well with Connor. The final score was probably about right for the difference between the sides.

There were some lovely tries scored.

Archived