Bullock to Warrington

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Agree with that, and the love in still seems to be very to the fore with Smithies, he burst onto the scene with all the promise in the world I for one - maybe on my own - have not seen any improvement in him since.

Because Adrian Lam is his coach?

Many of the young Wigan forwards have not developed as maybe they should. Partington is like a headless chicken, and Byrne is a big lump but doesn't really do any damage.

I have no doubt that they would have continued to develop had Shaun Wane stayed.

23 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Because Adrian Lam is his coach?

Many of the young Wigan forwards have not developed as maybe they should. Partington is like a headless chicken, and Byrne is a big lump but doesn't really do any damage.

I have no doubt that they would have continued to develop had Shaun Wane stayed.

So in a round about way you agree with me Jim?

Lam will not be doing every aspect of the coaching is there a dedicated forward coach at Wigan? What does O'Loughlin do?

20 hours ago, Damien said:

One of those cheap signings on a low wage that are difficult to keep when another club comes along offering more money.

Nail on head Damien. Wigan have huge budget issues as the kids get better and demand better deals, rightly, but so much cash is poured on a few elite players

35 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Nail on head Damien. Wigan have huge budget issues as the kids get better and demand better deals, rightly, but so much cash is poured on a few elite players

And there we could have a conundrum, if the cap was scrapped would it suit Wigan, Leeds, Wire, Saints etc, could they afford to keep those who would demand more money, General Manager's such as Kris Radlinski couldn't hide behind when discussing contracts 'you know how it is, we are controlled by what we can pay by the Salary Cap'.

Abolishing the cap these days could reverse what the original intension of the cap was designed to do, spread the talent about.

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Wigan appear to be 'gutting' a squad that quite frankly doesn't need to be. You could understand it at a club like Leeds who have fallen a long way since their glory days but Wigan are still consistently challenging for the title each year. Personally I think their issues lie off the field (Lam / Radlinski) rather than the playing squad they currently have.

Well Gildart and Jackson are leaving for no reason by Wigan.  Tommy is likely to retire.  If Williams returns his pay will cover that of the leaving Hastings.  I like Bullock but he will be 29. Wigan have a pack of Clubb Singleton Farrell Isa Bateman, plus 3 benchmen. Its fair to say all teams would like an extra quality prop.  Meantime let's wait for Manfredi.

Wigan had 4 wingers, and really they could not keep them all under the Cap

The big issue this season is we have had 2 wingers (really 3) and a center injured.  And lately we have a fullback out for some time. And at the heart of the team we need a quality hooker. Not a good, useful hooker, but a quality hooker. 

Its up to our young middles to prove their work, otherwise they will go the well trodden path of Leigh and Salford. 

So I think talking about 'gutted' as if it's all deliberate is way off the mark.

On 10/06/2021 at 14:53, JohnM said:

Quick question.Has he signed for Warrington?

On 10/06/2021 at 15:23, Waynebennettswinger said:

No, not yet in fairness. 

He's still in Barrow then?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 11/06/2021 at 09:51, sweaty craiq said:

You’ve seen the books then.

Archived