Sun 13 Jun: The Women's Super League Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's games in the Women's Super League.

Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos KO 15.30
Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves KO 12.00
Wakefield Trinity v York City Knights KO 12.00

St Helens v Wigan Warriors (Covid postponement)

31 minutes ago, Moove said:

Hudds Wire is on Twitch according to the fixtures on Our League

When you click on the Huddersfield/Warrington game in Match Centre all that appears is "where to watch" at the top, the rest of the page is blank.

I`ve gone into Our League, clicked on Full Schedule, and there are 4 games listed for Sunday, none of which is a women`s game.

1 hour ago, Moove said:

Hudds Wire is on Twitch according to the fixtures on Our League

Huddersfield got any players left? Had a few leave recently and have been trying to bring in a few from other clubs outside of SL. I hear they might have even more hot water coming over their recruitment policies.

1 hour ago, unapologetic pedant said:

When you click on the Huddersfield/Warrington game in Match Centre all that appears is "where to watch" at the top, the rest of the page is blank.

I`ve gone into Our League, clicked on Full Schedule, and there are 4 games listed for Sunday, none of which is a women`s game.

Yeah the RFL one looks knackered.

For Our League you have to change the filters at the top right. By default it only shows SL, Champ and L1 so you have to select Women's SL first.

Edit - looks like it's only on the app version not web which I'm guessing you're using... which is helpful of course

13 hours ago, Moove said:

Edit - looks like it's only on the app version not web which I'm guessing you're using... which is helpful of course

From my limited knowledge of the internet, I assume there will be more people casually going on the RFL site (is that what we mean by web?), than will have downloaded the Our League app.

If that`s the case it means, as RigbyLuger says, they`re not trying to promote the women`s game to more people.

For men`s fixtures in Match Centre, broadcast and livestream details are listed as standard. For women`s Match Centre fixtures, if there`s a livestream, sometimes it`s listed, sometimes it isn`t.

On 10/06/2021 at 16:01, The Blues Ox said:

Huddersfield got any players left? Had a few leave recently and have been trying to bring in a few from other clubs outside of SL. I hear they might have even more hot water coming over their recruitment policies.

Would you care to expand on this?

It's not the first time you've had a swipe at the Giants women's team, I presume you have inside knowledge of everything and/or have some sort of grudge?

You mentioned before about their safeguarding policies and practices but never expanded on that either.

10 hours ago, meast said:

Would you care to expand on this?

Not yet no. Not while it still effects some of the girls there. Ive no grudge only concern over some of Huddersfields practices this year. The number of players leaving should speak for itself though and I believe another has left to join Halifax in the last day or so. I actually hope Huddersfield can learn from the events of this year because they have let a lot of people down.

Cas v Leeds and York v Wakefield have been called off because medial cover cannot be found.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, JonM said:

Got a link - given up trying to navigate via OurLeague.

Twitch.tv/rugbyleague I think

Ir just search “rugbyleague” on the main twitch page

Warrington up 18-0 already

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

31 minutes ago, JonM said:

Got a link - given up trying to navigate via OurLeague.

Find the match, click the link: https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pretty sure Sammi Simpson played loose forward when she was Widnes Captain - seems to be playing at full back now.

One of the things about the women's game is how many of the players, particularly the backs, have played other sports (netball, martial arts, football etc.) at a decent level. I guess that is less true than it used to be for men's RL at the top level these days.

Some of the Huddersfield girls look very young. Got nothing but admiration for how they`ve stuck at it in defence. And good to see them get on the board. I think Frankie Townend used to be at Cas.

Of the two teams, Huddersfield are more likely to play the ball legally. Which just underlines the current rollball disgrace. The ref is allowing a stronger team to play faster and make it easier for their dummy-half by cheating.

In the last Aussie women`s game I watched, there was a single instance where a player rolled the ball and deliberately stepped over it. At which the Touch Judge shouted "Rollball, Rollball" to the ref who made the scooping signal and penalised. In the UK, the rulebook is down the toilet. We are no longer playing Rugby League.

4 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Of the two teams, Huddersfield are more likely to play the ball legally. Which just underlines the current rollball disgrace. The ref is allowing a stronger team to play faster and make it easier for their dummy-half by cheating.

In the last Aussie women`s game I watched, there was a single instance where a player rolled the ball and deliberately stepped over it. At which the Touch Judge shouted "Rollball, Rollball" to the ref who made the scooping signal and penalised. In the UK, the rulebook is down the toilet. We are no longer playing Rugby League.

Who had 43 minutes in the sweepstake? 

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Can you mute terms on this board like on Twitter?

9 minutes ago, JonM said:

I'm only on this thread to set my watch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

29 minutes ago, JonM said:

One of the things about the women's game is how many of the players, particularly the backs, have played other sports (netball, martial arts, football etc.) at a decent level. I guess that is less true than it used to be for men's RL at the top level these days.

Going by the commentary, can add rugby union and bobsleigh to this list.

Archived