Stagnation

Andrew Vause

Why has it become so stagnant on this forum now? It used to be the busy hub of all the RL forums. I get that you'd maybe be put off by people telling you, you can't use text speak (don't know what harm it does )  who ironically can't spell or write simple English, that's my story anyway, but where has everyone gone? 

Has it just been reduced to nominating three names for Man of march every week, jeez where did it all go wrong? 

It's still the busiest of all the Total RL  Championship forums. However, a lot of the contributions now tend to get brought together in the Match Thread posts, which almost all reach five or six pages and upwards of 5,000 views. They tend to include pre-match team speculation, post-match verdicts and often go off at tangents a bit too (eg the discussion about the % system and Toulouse in the Widnes match thread).

It's probably fair to say that this type of forum is seen as a bit outdated by people who have grown up with the snappier types of social media such as Twitter/FB/ etc, and the demograph of forumlands across RL is probably firmly dominated by those aged 40+.

I don't think this forum is in bad shape really, there have been some quite strong differences of opinion on certain matters without people falling out or stropping off which is something I like about it. I suspect there are a lot of "lurkers" who like to read but don't necessarily think they have much to add, that's fine too. I still think there's more potential for having a reasoned discussion about all matters Fev on here than on any other platform.

There's a lack of variety in the posts that we have for sure so things like your Rovers v Bradford post which already has 28 replies are a welcome addition. We could do with one or two more regular posters for sure but as Robin has said so many have migrated to Zuckerberg's zoo.

I used to use it many years ago. I've come back a bit recently and have felt the twitter flavour in some posts. Some people thinking that they're a top dog, some people closing conversation down because it doesn't fit with their views. 

I am trying to keep the MOM going and also trying to get a Presentation. Get lots of viewing but about 23 contributions per match. Things do change, just keep going and let things develop one way or another. Welcome back Andrew.

I reckon vast majority of people do not know this TRL website exists. Only ppl who purchase LPL publications may find their way onto here supplemented by ppl who actively search for Rugby League discussions online outside of Facebook & Twitter. From there a majority will be happy to just lurk and read discussions and debate on various RL topics, some might eventually register. 

They use Facebook these days and especially the forums, where they can get away with foul language, being abusive to people and much more and think it’s acceptable, it’s sad really. 

Im Fev and im proud

For me, I've always been a League Express reader. So about 6 years ago I came across TRL and then the forums part shortly after. Started reading a fair bit of the discussions. Then registered about 4 years ago. Didn't post though until about 2 and half years ago maybe, I'd eventually had enough of all the fantasists, all well and good going pure delusional but very cringeworthy indeed, but then they started attacking our club and others like ours. That's when I thought sod this, I'd try and counter their attacks and just challenge their ideas and knowledge. 

23 hours ago, Andrew Vause said:

Shame really, I do miss Westy's kind and supportive posts to everyone and his warm bon homie. 

Because its full of old idiots who havent a clue about rugby so most now use the Rovers Banter page hope this helps #freespeachunion

I don't use Facebook. I dont like the concept. 

I think the Forum is v good though.

I don't think its full of idiots as Gingdong posted but there are one or two who occasionally post.

I always enjoy reading posts from TPH in particular which are informative accurate and well balanced in opinion.

9 minutes ago, Squidward said:

I don't use Facebook. I dont like the concept. 

I think the Forum is v good though.

I don't think its full of idiots as Gingdong posted but there are one or two who occasionally post.

I always enjoy reading posts from TPH in particular which are informative accurate and well balanced in opinion.

If you read any post from gingdong... its always best to hit yourself with a blunt object afterwards..... it re-directs the pain.

On 12/06/2021 at 00:31, Andrew Vause said:

Why has it become so stagnant on this forum now? It used to be the busy hub of all the RL forums. I get that you'd maybe be put off by people telling you, you can't use text speak (don't know what harm it does )  who ironically can't spell or write simple English, that's my story anyway, but where has everyone gone? 

Has it just been reduced to nominating three names for Man of march every week, jeez where did it all go wrong? 

Man of march??!!

Archived