Uncertainty remains over the Red Devils stadium future

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the thread you can more or less say that Sale and Salford FC are buying the ground and that Salford are looking into buying Moor Lane if it could be reconfigured to SL standards.

So what was rumoured really.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

8 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

From the thread you can more or less say that Sale and Salford FC are buying the ground and that Salford are looking into buying Moor Lane if it could be reconfigured to SL standards.

So what was rumoured really.

Unless Salford City just sell it for housing because Salford Red Devils can’t raise the money. 

20 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Unless Salford City just sell it for housing because Salford Red Devils can’t raise the money. 

Possible but where would that leave Salford and their fans?

It would mean that mean Gary Neville was just posturing when going on his crusade against money spoiling sport.

Does he look like a hypocrite who was just defending the lot of his paymasters? Oh hang on

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

7 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

My word. Who budgeted on 8,000+ average crowds?!

It's not uncommon for clubs to budget for wildly increased attendances at new grounds. Coventry City sold a perfectly fine stadium in the centre of the city to move to a rented stadium outside the city where they needed 22,000 average just to break even. And everything went wrong from there on out.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

10 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

My word. Who budgeted on 8,000+ average crowds?!

David Tarry,the then CEO.

Salford had attracted 10k + for a game against Catalans, the last game played at The Willows.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

And not one word about our friends in sport!

If it's so this doesn't disappear to CCZ no need to worry there'll be all the threads about Moor Lane and SL standards to get your teeth into.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

David Tarry,the then CEO.

Salford had attracted 10k + for a game against Catalans, the last game played at The Willows.

They didn’t have an 8k crowd for the rest of the year in their final year at The Willows, they had three 5k+ attendances (a 7,496 vs Warrington) and six crowds of less than 4,000 that year from twelve home games. 

It looks a very bizarre figure to pluck from the sky. I’m not sure where they expected an increase of 2,500 to come from and consistently. 

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

And not one word about our friends in sport!

If it's so this doesn't disappear to CCZ no need to worry there'll be all the threads about Moor Lane and SL standards to get your teeth into.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Any team playing in the City of Manchester should be called Manchester. We should have a team in RL playing out of the MRA  arena and grow the sport to new commercial partners. 

Manchester vs Leeds,  Manchester vs Warrington and yes Manchester vs Salford. 

But that cant happen if Salford get dumped there. 

Maybe move Oldham their, rename them as Old Man FC

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Any team playing in the City of Manchester should be called Manchester. We should have a team in RL playing out of the MRA  arena and grow the sport to new commercial partners. 

Manchester vs Leeds,  Manchester vs Warrington and yes Manchester vs Salford. 

But that cant happen if Salford get dumped there. 

A team from Manchester called Mancester Rangers applied to join League 1, but the RFL turned them down

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I know and it looks even more stupid now with the RFL working out of Manchester and the wider decline of RL in Greater Manchester. 

Prosaic would be a good word to describe the RFL over this

Archived