Question

lingaro

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn’t look good embarrassed, to be honest reading those articles.  There was also racist comments shouted when the players lined up.  I used to wear my flat cap with pride but watching and listening to the element behind the sticks last week it seems to have been adopted as a uniform for political views that I don’t want to be associated with.

45 minutes ago, lingaro said:

It didn’t look good embarrassed, to be honest reading those articles.  There was also racist comments shouted when the players lined up.  I used to wear my flat cap with pride but watching and listening to the element behind the sticks last week it seems to have been adopted as a uniform for political views that I don’t want to be associated with.

This ….

I’m worried about Wembley as well if some can’t behave themselves- would just be another reason for those who think we are a small time club not worthy of a place at the top table to say I told you so

6 hours ago, lingaro said:

With the threat of having our alcohol licence revoked does anyone think the mindless drunken violence outside the ground last week that featured in the media will aid the decision?

Yes definitely all day drinking for 4 o,clock ko ,be same tomorrow with 4.30 ko. Its a shame because its only a minority but FR always get the blame.

3 hours ago, mightyship said:

This ….

I’m worried about Wembley as well if some can’t behave themselves- would just be another reason for those who think we are a small time club not worthy of a place at the top table to say I told you so

Yes iam worried about our idiot element meeting the c@$ idiots ( or could be any c@$ fan) WE will get the blame regardless of who starts it.

How about stop fanning the flames and be a bit pro-active.Why not have a word with those embarrassing you or is it too easy spouting on here. Or how about telling stewards about what you dislike. I'm positive they will investigate your problem. As for political views, I'm sure I wouldn't like what party politics some fans follow. But we're in a democracy and people are allowed to associate themselves with who ever they want. Plus I'm watching a rugby match and not listening to political views. Lastly what happened last week was unsavoury but there's 2 sides to each story. After what the club has gone through this year I'm sure the last thing they want is more bad press through fans behaviour.

fanning the flames.  turn a blind eye you mean.  there is nothing democratic about what i witnessed last weekend.  Too easy spouting!  The stewards are not interested or they would deal with it.   You are joking with this tripe you have come out with "two sides" my ar%se. it was a bloo&y punch up.  I guess you condone  it.

thats w

6 hours ago, wasginger said:

How about stop fanning the flames and be a bit pro-active.Why not have a word with those embarrassing you or is it too easy spouting on here. Or how about telling stewards about what you dislike. I'm positive they will investigate your problem. As for political views, I'm sure I wouldn't like what party politics some fans follow. But we're in a democracy and people are allowed to associate themselves with who ever they want. Plus I'm watching a rugby match and not listening to political views. Lastly what happened last week was unsavoury but there's 2 sides to each story. After what the club has gone through this year I'm sure the last thing they want is more bad press through fans behaviour.

thats what they have got! more bad press. 

spout ffs

15 hours ago, wasginger said:

When the Fev fans were chanting racism at the Bulls supporters, I tried to report it to the stewards and they didn't want to know just laughed it off. I hope they are more approachable than that day. I know it has put some Bulls fans off from going. We go in a group of 10 home and away and not 1 is going Fev today, where as we will all go to Oldham for our next away game.

To be perfectly honest after reading one of our stewards/security  comments during this week on a post on our fans page I wouldn’t hold out much hope  on him dealing with anyone’s complaint should they speak to him. 

Im Fev and im proud

Well I’m sure the mindless few will be there and not hard to spot , I’m sure the stewards will also be able to see and hear them . It would not be so bad if what they chanted was either funny or entertaining but it’s the same old rubbish and utterly meaningless , vocal passionate support yes every time , what they spout is embarrassing. 

22 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Sadly if fans aren't behaving in a reasonable manner, it would make sense to stop the club selling alcohol. Time and time again the image of the club is being tarnished by a small number of brainless idiots.

Agree about the brainless idiots but they will get their beer from somewhere before a game.We have always had some supporters who seem to latch on to us when on a cup run or doing well in the league.Can't we install cameras to monitor the trouble spots to help identify the culprits.

24 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Sadly if fans aren't behaving in a reasonable manner, it would make sense to stop the club selling alcohol. Time and time again the image of the club is being tarnished by a small number of brainless idiots.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Agree about the brainless idiots but they will get their beer from somewhere before a game.We have always had some supporters who seem to latch on to us when on a cup run or doing well in the league.Can't we install cameras to monitor the trouble spots to help identify the culprits.

Why would you need to install cameras whe you already employ stewards?

The clubs released a statement today about not tolerating the behaviour we saw last week 

Im Fev and im proud

14 hours ago, lingaro said:

fanning the flames.  turn a blind eye you mean.  there is nothing democratic about what i witnessed last weekend.  Too easy spouting!  The stewards are not interested or they would deal with it.   You are joking with this tripe you have come out with "two sides" my ar%se. it was a bloo&y punch up.  I guess you condone  it.

Lingaro you talk sh**e.  Did you confront those making embarrassing the club ? Did you actually talk to the stewards ? Did you report it to a club representative as it was happening ? Did you actually go to the game ? As for me condoning it, you're trying to take the p**s. No I don't condone it, but like I say there's 2 sides to what went off. as for the bad press there seems to be one publication based in Huddersfield that dives straight in at the hint of anything that involves Fev. I'm quite sure this week things will operate differently. 

45 minutes ago, minor said:

after watching rovers for over 40 years, will not attend again until this minor majority is sorted out.

Didn't see any trouble today myself hopefully there wasn't any but don't cut your nose to spite your face.

Been watching Fev for over 40 years as well home and away and at times the troublesome element has been far worse than it is now. Not condoning it but by comparison...

Can't understand why someone would stop supporting the team over this. To me it says more about that 'supporter' than the behaviour issue.

17 hours ago, Squidward said:

Been watching Fev for over 40 years as well home and away and at times the troublesome element has been far worse than it is now. Not condoning it but by comparison...

Can't understand why someone would stop supporting the team over this. To me it says more about that 'supporter' than the behaviour issue.

this supporter is fed up of the racist and foul mouthed crowd.

1 minute ago, minor said:

this supporter is fed up of the racist and foul mouthed crowd.

I've been going since 1973 and I've heard it in that time. I haven't noticed a significant change over those years. If anything racism is challenged a lot more now in a way that it certainly wasn't back in the 70s.

The profane and "foul mouthed crowd".... I'm not going to pretend it doesn't happen. It does. I don't know how old you are minor but there was significantly more of it when I was a young un.

It never fails to astonish me how my generation portrays themselves as angels. Some right darlins followed fev back in the day.

This isn't excusing anyone. Just applying some perspective.

Archived