Question

lingaro

20 hours ago, Squidward said:

Been watching Fev for over 40 years as well home and away and at times the troublesome element has been far worse than it is now. Not condoning it but by comparison...

Can't understand why someone would stop supporting the team over this. To me it says more about that 'supporter' than the behaviour issue.

this supporter is fed up of the racist and foul mouthed crowd.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

x miner heard it all,not wanting my grandchildren to see and have to put up with what is becoming the so called norm,a little common sense goes a long way,lets get rid of the supposed supporters who now see it as norm to come tanked up and only looking for trouble,first 3 games since being allowed back have shown the club up,these are not the support we need,will look again when hopefully things get hopefully back to norm,but for now will take a back seat.

I think you are over reacting. Most of these are teens 16, 17, 18 & 19 and they have been locked down for well over 18 months. 

There are far fewer of them than there were in the bullock shed in the 90s for instance. 

Where exactly do you get the racists stuff from? 

1 hour ago, minor said:

x miner heard it all,not wanting my grandchildren to see and have to put up with what is becoming the so called norm,a little common sense goes a long way,lets get rid of the supposed supporters who now see it as norm to come tanked up and only looking for trouble,first 3 games since being allowed back have shown the club up,these are not the support we need,will look again when hopefully things get hopefully back to norm,but for now will take a back seat.

Each to their own fella. Mind how you go.

Yes Smudger. I agree that there appear to be an over reaction. I have watched Fev for a long time and this distasteful chanting has always gone on. As Fev if you are upset it is very easy to more to another part of the ground.

I remember many years ago ,especially when Hull or Hull KR were playing there were always scuffles, and supposed speccies thrown out , things have improved since those days , but with crowds of people foul language, petty violence etc is always possible, if you feel intimidated more away  

14 minutes ago, haskey said:

Yes Smudger. I agree that there appear to be an over reaction. I have watched Fev for a long time and this distasteful chanting has always gone on. As Fev if you are upset it is very easy to more to another part of the ground.

I remember many years ago ,especially when Hull or Hull KR were playing there were always scuffles, and supposed speccies thrown out , things have improved since those days , but with crowds of people foul language, petty violence etc is always possible, if you feel intimidated more away  

My grandson is 3. In another 3 years I might bring him over to watch a game. Just like I did my son and daughter.  I'll take him over to the old stand where he's least likely to be exposed to stuff and as you say, if it gets lively I'll just move away.

I'm under no illusions. They will hear stuff at school that they might hear at post office Road. They just won't hear it from me.

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

I think you are over reacting. Most of these are teens 16, 17, 18 & 19 and they have been locked down for well over 18 months. 

There are far fewer of them than there were in the bullock shed in the 90s for instance. 

Where exactly do you get the racists stuff from? 

I think you’ll find most of them are in their 20’s, being locked down is no excuse, we’ve all been locked down, but down act in this way. The worlds changed since the Bullock shed days, we’ve to now be a more inclusive society, unfortunately some aren’t willing to do this. 

Im Fev and im proud

Robin and Smudger's comments are spot on.

Its Fev not Utopia. To go there for the first time, let alone for over 40 years and expect politically correct behaviour is unrealistic.

In my personal opinion the racist and homophobic abuse, which I would love to see an end to, has lessened over this time.

A recent topic highlighted on here was the glorification of an opposing players injury. Again it's happened throughout the last 40 odd years. It's nothing new. The Death March tune of

Der der, de der,

Der, de der,  de der, de der

Ooh!

was often sung on these occasions. It created atmosphere. I can't remember anyone shaking their heads at the time, but now lots want to take the moral high ground.

There are discriminations to be rid of but let's not go overboard and create a sterile environment. I like to hear some chanting and a bit of passion shown. Not all of it needs to be dampened down.

14 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

My grandson is 3. In another 3 years I might bring him over to watch a game. Just like I did my son and daughter.  I'll take him over to the old stand where he's least likely to be exposed to stuff and as you say, if it gets lively I'll just move away.

I'm under no illusions. They will hear stuff at school that they might hear at post office Road. They just won't hear it from me.

Spot on again.

The voice of reason.

1 hour ago, Maureen T-k said:

I think you’ll find most of them are in their 20’s, being locked down is no excuse, we’ve all been locked down, but down act in this way. The worlds changed since the Bullock shed days, we’ve to now be a more inclusive society, unfortunately some aren’t willing to do this. 

Sorry, people don't have to be anything.

Certainly not when they are paying good money to be entertained. 

As long as they are not breaking the law.

One affray unfortunately happened, let's not lump loads and loads of things some people just don't like such as youth having fun and getting a bit leary into very rare criminal acts.

I think we all feel it's an issue if it goes too far.

The point here is that generally it hasn't gone too far.

People are all different and don't have to go to matches and stand in a group where the only song they sing is "Come by yar me Lord, come by yar..."

7 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Sorry, people don't have to be anything.

Certainly not when they are paying good money to be entertained. 

As long as they are not breaking the law.

One affray unfortunately happened, let's not lump loads and loads of things some people just don't like such as youth having fun and getting a bit leary into very rare criminal acts.

It’s not about “paying good money to be entertained’ 

Yes lets go and get behind our team, let’s have a good time, let’s have a sing song and chants, nowt wrong with them. It’s the nature of the content of some of those chants that’s not acceptable to the majority of folk. 

So you are not happy being part of an inclusive society? 

Im Fev and im proud

1 minute ago, Maureen T-k said:

It’s not about “paying good money to be entertained’ 

Yes lets go and get behind our team, let’s have a good time, let’s have a sing song and chants, nowt wrong with them. It’s the nature of the content of some of those chants that’s not acceptable to the majority of folk. 

So you are not happy being part of an inclusive society? 

What chanting content is not acceptable to you? 

Your inclusive society is starting to sound like the minority report.

50 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

What chanting content is not acceptable to you? 

Your inclusive society is starting to sound like the minority report.

An inclusive society is where people of any age, race, gender, sexual orientation, disability,  religious affiliation can live without fear or reprisals from others. So I think that covers the unacceptable chants too. 

Im Fev and im proud

3 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

What exactly is unacceptable? 

It can be stopped if its contrary to the laws of the land, or if ppl don't want to be thrown out and possibly suspended; the code of conduct on Club property.

Everyone’s definition of unacceptable will differ from the next person, I’m sure mines different to yours. Yes there’s law of the land with different acts to protect individuals and groups of people. 

Im Fev and im proud

We have a group of about 12 to 15 who stand behind the sticks at the back of the terrace.I was too far away to hear what they were shouting but it does not do the clubs reputation any good.By rights we are all supposed unless exempt to be wearing face masks inside the ground.Some of those in the group are much nearer 30 than teenagers.Get the cameras on them take photo's find out who they are and warn them about the implications for the club.If Bradford supporters were in the stand behind the sticks they only brought about 120 with room for more,let's not scare away supporters off coming to games they add to the match day experience.

The difference between us and Toulouse is going to come down to the fans, the players need the fans to spur them on to go beyond what they thought possible in that game, the club needs the fans spending money as well, as many as possible. 

The alcohol licence comes down to the actions of people at the club in postions of trust and responsibility. The racism thing is one player making one outrageous comment, again not the fans. So the two incidents are down to the club employees. Yes, there was one incident of Affray just off club property that needs to be dealt with. 

6 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

We have a group of about 12 to 15 who stand behind the sticks at the back of the terrace.I was too far away to hear what they were shouting but it does not do the clubs reputation any good.By rights we are all supposed unless exempt to be wearing face masks inside the ground.Some of those in the group are much nearer 30 than teenagers.Get the cameras on them take photo's find out who they are and warn them about the implications for the club.If Bradford supporters were in the stand behind the sticks they only brought about 120 with room for more,let's not scare away supporters off coming to games they add to the match day experience.

I agree theres 15 behind sticks that may be treading a thin line mate. They are Fev fans and need words that they are upsetting fellow fev fans on occasion. 

The problem is with covid regulations and with all these accusations doing the Rounds, out of 1750 that where there, only that group and 50 around them were generating a matchday atmosphere. Except for polite clapping an eating prawn sarnies as Roy Keene would say. 

I think the Bradford 120 thing was more to do with covid in some instances and not wanting to travel to see the team annihilated in many others. If Brough was playing and they had their loanees there would have been far more of them there. 

It's  coming to summat when your team has one 7 out of 8 games and a big city team like Bradford can only bring 120.Remember the game when we opened the new stands v Bradford p--sed it down but they brought thousands attendance must have been about 7000.As i have said before lets encourage away fans to matches let's face it we need them to grow attendances.

4 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

You only have to look on other clubs forums to see that many won't travel to watch them play us now. It's costing the club money and giving us all a bad reputation.

I take all the points but when you look at the attendances for the Championship our was the highest. We also matched Leigh against Catalan. We are taking responsibility for the Widnes match outside the ground trouble, but who know it might have been Widnes that started it. The comments against us from outside are an item or items of jealousy. Ok the songs and race abuse are out of order. I have watched Rovers since 1938 and there has been trouble caused by visiting supporters on many occasions. IT is not ALL our fault. Think of the comments about us not being fit for SL as we are only a small village, and other remarks putting us down. I have been to every ground in RL over the years and we have had a fair amount of abuse from home teams supporters as well as officials.  

Archived