Scottish Domestic RL

Edinburgh Eagles take on Hartlepool Hurricanes in the North East RL cup today, Edinburgh winning the North East RL grand final in 2019.

Scottish 9's kicks the domestic season off on 19th June 

The national League commences June 26th with Strathmore, Edinburgh, Forth Valley, Fife and Glasgow 

And the Scottish cup Rd 1 begins 3rd July with Aberdeen entering the cup and 9's tournaments

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2blackrooks said:

Edinburgh Eagles take on Hartlepool Hurricanes in the North East RL cup today, Edinburgh winning the North East RL grand final in 2019.

Scottish 9's kicks the domestic season off on 19th June 

The national League commences June 26th with Strathmore, Edinburgh, Forth Valley, Fife and Glasgow 

And the Scottish cup Rd 1 begins 3rd July with Aberdeen entering the cup and 9's tournaments

Great news mate. Let us know, how they all go? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2021 at 22:59, 2blackrooks said:

Scottish cup action this weekend

Fife v Glasgow 

Aberdeen v Forth Valley

Edinburgh & Strathmore get a by into Rd 2

Good luck everyone

Unfortunately Glasgow couldn't raise a team and that game has been awarded to Fife.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of problems ahead for them. Tbf it's a long journey from Glasgow to Kirkcaldy and covid brings problems with travel since no car sharing is allowed etc.

We chose to pull out of the Strathmore 9s a couple of weeks ago because it would have meant asking boys to pay for a coach 3 weeks in a row. You can't even get a mini bus. It needs to be a proper coach to allow social distancing. We have hired a coach to Aberdeen and only 22 people are allowed on.

20 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Great to hear the news, please keep on feeding us the scores?

I'll try to update you on the Aberdeen v Forth Valley scores as they come through this afternoon.

25 minutes ago, MZH said:

Unfortunately Glasgow couldn't raise a team and that game has been awarded to Fife.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of problems ahead for them. Tbf it's a long journey from Glasgow to Kirkcaldy and covid brings problems with travel since no car sharing is allowed etc.

We chose to pull out of the Strathmore 9s a couple of weeks ago because it would have meant asking boys to pay for a coach 3 weeks in a row. You can't even get a mini bus. It needs to be a proper coach to allow social distancing. We have hired a coach to Aberdeen and only 22 people are allowed on.

So you need to social distance on a coach but you can engage in physical tackling on the pitch? Literally no logic to these covid protocols at the moment 

8 hours ago, MZH said:

Tbf it's a long journey from Glasgow to Kirkcaldy and covid brings problems with travel since no car sharing is allowed etc.

Could be wrong, but car sharing is allowed now, isn’t it? Voluntarily surrendering distancing between yourselves in the same manner as sitting together in the pub? I could be completely wrong, mind.

(It’s only an hour from Glasgow to Kirkcaldy so doesn’t bode well for when they play Aberdeen!)

I hope Forth Valley players are not feeling too demoralised be the 84-10 defeat. I hope there were no injuries either.

I am a fan of the mercy rule in instances like this: former Challenge Cup participants vs brand new team. However, I do not support forcing teams to do it. Hopefully the game was played in good spirits.

15 minutes ago, langpark said:

I hope Forth Valley players are not feeling too demoralised be the 84-10 defeat. I hope there were no injuries either.

I am a fan of the mercy rule in instances like this: former Challenge Cup participants vs brand new team. However, I do not support forcing teams to do it. Hopefully the game was played in good spirits.

I can't think of anything more embarrassing than the "mercy rule." The boys are still upbeat, we were under no illusions of the task we faced this year. We have played a couple of strong teams and will learn alot from the heavy defeats. The games against Glasgow and Fife will give us opposition that we can properly compete against I reckon.

5 hours ago, MZH said:

I can't think of anything more embarrassing than the "mercy rule." 

Not sure what your idea of the mercy rule is. But obviously I don't mean deliberately missing tackles or deliberately dropping the ball etc. that is patronising and "embarrassing indeed.

I have been in a team that played against a team of complete rookies. Once it got to about 20-0, the coach started subbing off some of the best players and also told everyone to go easy on try celebrations etc. I fully agree with that stance.  This is my definition of the mercy rule and in my experience, both teams involved appreciated it as act of fair play. 

Archived