Scottish Domestic RL

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MattSantos said:

Has ever been any League in Helensburgh? Theres a union club here and plenty of Navy folk so could be ripe for a team!

What is it with TotalRL posters coming up with complete fantasy ideas??

There was a thread on the International forum about Cameroon becoming "The PNG of Africa" and this suggestion is just about as daft.

It's almost like people stick a pin in a map and then let their tongue run riot.

Just now, The Frying Scotsman said:

What is it with TotalRL posters coming up with complete fantasy ideas??

There was a thread on the International forum about Cameroon becoming "The PNG of Africa" and this suggestion is just about as daft.

It's almost like people stick a pin in a map and then let their tongue run riot.

Why is it crazy? Theres a football, rugby and couple of cricket teams already here. Throw in Balloch etc where theres a few more and down to Dumbarton and then add in the Navy mob; surely theres 20 blokes who could fancy a game

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

8 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Why is it crazy? Theres a football, rugby and couple of cricket teams already here. Throw in Balloch etc where theres a few more and down to Dumbarton and then add in the Navy mob; surely theres 20 blokes who could fancy a game

You should start up a club

11 hours ago, Beavers left nut said:

It will bring the love back. Trust me. Every league man needs to do their bit to build the sport 

Hear hear! 

On 22/07/2021 at 14:24, MattSantos said:

Has ever been any League in Helensburgh? Theres a union club here and plenty of Navy folk so could be ripe for a team!

Yes, well in Rhu anyway. It's a few years ago but they started as Lomond Valley Raiders before changing their name to Rhu Raiders. I seem to remember they were around for a few seasons.

Scottish National league Rd4

Forth Valley v Fife 12pm Hillfoots RU

Glasgow v Edinburgh 2pm Nethergraigs

Probably One of the Viking’s best chances of a win and one they’ve been looking forward too along with the Glasgow game, but Fife will be up for this
Glasgow have the unenviable job of trying to stop an unstoppable Edinburgh in the later kick off

23 hours ago, 2blackrooks said:

Scottish National league Rd4

Forth Valley v Fife 12pm Hillfoots RU

Glasgow v Edinburgh 2pm Nethergraigs

Probably One of the Viking’s best chances of a win and one they’ve been looking forward too along with the Glasgow game, but Fife will be up for this
Glasgow have the unenviable job of trying to stop an unstoppable Edinburgh in the later kick off

Just back from the Vikings game.

A 27-22 win for us. It was a scrappy game in truth but a huge effort from the boys.

Also, I've seen the Edinburgh team sheet and none of the Fijian boys who played against us are there this week. You'd still fancy Edinburgh to win handily, but that's definitely good news for Glasgow!

Scottish league Rd 4

Forth 27 - 22 Fife

Glasgow 12 - 100 Edinburgh 

Well done to the Vikings on their 1st ever Scottish league win.

Glasgow apparently putting up a solid performance at times with a much depleted squad, against the highly experienced Eagles

well done everyone 

8 hours ago, 2blackrooks said:

Scottish league Rd 4

Forth 27 - 22 Fife

Glasgow 12 - 100 Edinburgh 

Well done to the Vikings on their 1st ever Scottish league win.

Glasgow apparently putting up a solid performance at times with a much depleted squad, against the highly experienced Eagles

well done everyone 

Is that 100?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

6 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

What standard would you say Edinburgh are at these days? They're clearly a step above the rest of the Scottish clubs.

How do you think they would go in the NCL for example?

They were in the North East league in 2019, and won it. I assume they haven't entered this season because of the uncertainties surrounding covid.

9 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

What standard would you say Edinburgh are at these days? They're clearly a step above the rest of the Scottish clubs.

How do you think they would go in the NCL for example?

They aren't NCL Premier standard I don't think. Maybe in one of the lower divisions they would go well.

39 minutes ago, MZH said:

They aren't NCL Premier standard I don't think. Maybe in one of the lower divisions they would go well.

Yeah I didn't think they'd be that high up, but maybe one of the lower leagues. They're clearly a few classes above the rest of the Scottish sides.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

8 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Yeah I didn't think they'd be that high up, but maybe one of the lower leagues. They're clearly a few classes above the rest of the Scottish sides.

I‘m amazed nobody on this forum has said they should enter League One and play at Tynecastle. 

Archived