Whitehaven away

RogerT

6 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Well they update you!

His Dad is the kitman (or is it kit person now?) DD.

he gets the inside info 🤫

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Did Gilmore finish the game? I appreciate the radio commentary was skewed towards Haven, but didn't hear him mentioned in the last quarter

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Did Gilmore finish the game? I appreciate the radio commentary was skewed towards Haven, but didn't hear him mentioned in the last quarter

I genuinely think they only knew around half the team because I can't remember them mentioning that many.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Well they update you!

58 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

His Dad is the kitman (or is it kit person now?) DD.

he gets the inside info 🤫

Wasn’t from the old man haven’t seen him this weekend 😉 

I was speaking to our recent debutant yesterday 

36 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I genuinely think they only knew around half the team because I can't remember them mentioning that many.

And the ones they did know they couldn't pronounce correctly. 

'Holly' at fullback had a good game apparently..🙄🙄 

But seriously,the commentary was quite good and generally unbiased.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

1 minute ago, Keep The Faith said:

Wasn’t from the old man haven’t seen him this weekend 😉 

I was speaking to our recent debutant yesterday 

👍👍😃

Those of you who went, would you.like to update us on any injury concerns, who went off, who came on etc cos we'll have to wait until the Batley NoNews comes out to get any info.

32 minutes ago, phildog said:

Those of you who went, would you.like to update us on any injury concerns, who went off, who came on etc cos we'll have to wait until the Batley NoNews comes out to get any info.

I’m not been funny if people can tell who came on and off every 5 minutes they’d not see the match - subs are made very quick to what they used to be years ago... 

Kaye had to isolate on track & trace so will be available this week.

Morton unavailable for personal reason we knew about before season and might be back this week but definitely week after.

Logan was ok with his shoulder but has a back issue so not sure if back this week.

Broughton & Buchannan had minor strains so may be back this week but if not hopefully soon.

Tonks needs rest for a back issue and Brown has broken bone in hand which will be reviewed in 2 weeks.

So not certain who will be back this week apart from Kaye.

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

Some woeful tackling in the highlights. Will certainly have to find another gear against York , or I fear the worst.

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

Some woeful tackling in the highlights. Will certainly have to find another gear against York , or I fear the worst.

To be fair, that might have been down to the new players, such as Senior, Bowman who were playing in the backs. Once new partnerships are formed, especially in the backs, you lose that understanding. I am just really happy with a win as I expected to struggle up there even with a first choice team out.

No criticism of either of those players by the way, it just takes some developing once you first come into the team.

26 minutes ago, distantdog said:

To be fair, that might have been down to the new players, such as Senior, Bowman who were playing in the backs. Once new partnerships are formed, especially in the backs, you lose that understanding. I am just really happy with a win as I expected to struggle up there even with a first choice team out.

No criticism of either of those players by the way, it just takes some developing once you first come into the team.

Bowman hasn’t played since dewsbury in March... he will of been blowing training is totally different to match fitness

It was interesting to look at the first try.  Bowman looks to have seen the danger and is tracking across when Walshaw pushes a Haven player straight at him.  I don't think that Bowman would have made it in such heavy traffic but he was a yard or two in front of Hooley at that stage.  The first time that I watched it I thought that the Haven player had cynically taken Bowman out, but not so.

26 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Bowman hasn’t played since dewsbury in March... he will of been blowing training is totally different to match fitness

I know, which is what I was getting at! When did Senior last play? Featherstone?

54 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I know, which is what I was getting at! When did Senior last play? Featherstone?

Yeah he last played for us there but has been keeping match fit for hunslet 

we have a 2 massive weeks coming up if we get numbers right again Craig has some selection headaches 

if we get Buchanan back I’d go Walshaw in the 2nd row with bowman at 13... 

Who was in the no number shirt? Re tackling, we were our usual bunched up, outnumbered selves for their first try, it seems to be a regular thing that we can't sort. 

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Who was in the no number shirt? Re tackling, we were our usual bunched up, outnumbered selves for their first try, it seems to be a regular thing that we can't sort. 

So bad in fact that we've only won 6 games from 8.

I say Linners out!

we were far more organised and structured before the bounder took over from Diskin 🧐🧐

You must admit that it's not the first time we've had 2 or 3 men bunching in on the centre 10 yards in. Maybe it's a case of poor player choice and something that CL picks out in team meetings. Never said it was ALL his fault!!

Archived