Newcastle

Chorlton Pete

diskin wont be going anywhere that i will guarantee if he was going he would have gone before now.

any way what are you moaning about we are a very consistent team we have let in over 34 points again.

i think you all know were whitebank is,if you dont  know the way it will be very hard to find as there will be no crowds to follow.  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In theory we are not far away from our strongest team. Add Spencer, Green and Owen and that’s the sting squad. 
if this is so t try he. There is something seriously wrong, either the coaching is not up to standard or the players have no confidence in the coaching and the dressing room is lost. 
Whichever one both are issues for the team manager. 

My feeling is, as much as I hate someone losing their job, I think it is time for a change. 

41 minutes ago, herbie said:

Hamilton needs to take ownership of his own decisions.

Easy to use Diskin as the scapegoat.

The problems are much deeper and have been for years.

But of course without Hamilton there would be no ORLFC 97 ltd would there? 

I could live with that 

Your right. Without him we wouldn't have a club but down the years he's isolated himself from the fans and anyone who's offered to help. Batleys fans warned me that Diskin wasn't up to much. One thing has become apparent is that if this carries on we're going down. Hamilton as our chairman needs to act before it's too late. 

2 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Your right. Without him we wouldn't have a club but down the years he's isolated himself from the fans and anyone who's offered to help. Batleys fans warned me that Diskin wasn't up to much. One thing has become apparent is that if this carries on we're going down. Hamilton as our chairman needs to act before it's too late. 

My point is we WOULD have a club.

People have walked away from loads of clubs in the past and they are still here. 

Hes run pro rugby in Oldham into the ground.

Its tragic 

Although Oldham are not my club and I will probably be told to mind my own business I did live in Tameside for 20-odd years so Watersheddings and then Boundary Park were regular haunts. In fact I was the Bears media officer for about two months before Jim Quinn disappeared one morning and the whole shambles was exposed.  But Herbie is right. There would still be an Oldham RL if Chris Hamilton upped and walked away.  Unfortunately the game itself is slowly dying at the junior development (There were about a dozen teams in the Oldham and District League including my own - Tameside Borough - in the 80s and 90s. How many apart from Saddleworth, Waterhead and St Annes are there now?

I have retained a soft spot for the club down the years ad am really sad to see the state of things today. Unfortunately, Oldham are not alone.  Check out some of the Chanpionship results from today and tell me why anybody would be attracted to games where most of the winning margins are 30 or 40 plus?

I wish Oldham fans all the best. Incidentally, if anybody's interest my home town club is Barrow.

13 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Although Oldham are not my club and I will probably be told to mind my own business I did live in Tameside for 20-odd years so Watersheddings and then Boundary Park were regular haunts. In fact I was the Bears media officer for about two months before Jim Quinn disappeared one morning and the whole shambles was exposed.  But Herbie is right. There would still be an Oldham RL if Chris Hamilton upped and walked away.  Unfortunately the game itself is slowly dying at the junior development (There were about a dozen teams in the Oldham and District League including my own - Tameside Borough - in the 80s and 90s. How many apart from Saddleworth, Waterhead and St Annes are there now?

I have retained a soft spot for the club down the years ad am really sad to see the state of things today. Unfortunately, Oldham are not alone.  Check out some of the Chanpionship results from today and tell me why anybody would be attracted to games where most of the winning margins are 30 or 40 plus?

I wish Oldham fans all the best. Incidentally, if anybody's interest my home town club is Barrow.

You won’t be told to mind your own business, mate. Your interest and support are appreciated.

Tbf to Chris Hamilton , this season he has invested heavily in the squad,sadly some of that had been wasted in bad recruitment and retentions Abram is not a championship full back or half back , Charnock would make a good hooker but never shown anything creative at half , Hewitt has moments of brilliance but sadly not enough for what is needed at this level ,Bridge and Pick have both disappointed so far and Bent is amazing in defence but offers little with ball in hand , I feel with a new coach fresh ideas and a couple of new players we wouldn't be far off

45 minutes ago, Oldham 1 said:

Tbf to Chris Hamilton , this season he has invested heavily in the squad,sadly some of that had been wasted in bad recruitment and retentions Abram is not a championship full back or half back , Charnock would make a good hooker but never shown anything creative at half , Hewitt has moments of brilliance but sadly not enough for what is needed at this level ,Bridge and Pick have both disappointed so far and Bent is amazing in defence but offers little with ball in hand , I feel with a new coach fresh ideas and a couple of new players we wouldn't be far off

Fair post 

4 hours ago, herbie said:

My point is we WOULD have a club.

People have walked away from loads of clubs in the past and they are still here. 

Hes run pro rugby in Oldham into the ground.

Its tragic 

It is tragic. I live a stones throw away from where sheddings was situated hence my forum name. I've grown up with Oldham rugby league, yes it's really sad. I think he probably set off with good intentions but a little bit of megalomania set in. I may be wrong but that's my take on it. 

Been a bit quiet on here recently busy with work and other stuff, but what has gone on in recent weeks is embarrassing. To get beat by that score line is not good enough and it starts with the man at the top mr Hamilton he needs to get rid of diskin but we all know he won’t because he’s under contract. Why did we employ diskin he did a shocking job at batley look how good they look now. The players are too blame as well just not good enough and giving up. How can you go from beating Halifax then getting hammered every week since then. But we will have the happy clappers saying they’ve done the best and they’ve tried but it’s not good enough and It’s going to be a miracle to stay up if we don’t win on Sunday. Changes need to happen ASAP or it’s back to west Wales we go 

15 hours ago, Oldham 1 said:

The thing is we could see this happening last season before COVID happened the players wasn’t good enough but we didn’t change. All just average league 1 players. Hewitt bent charnock Abram will be lucky to get in waterheads team.

According to our own match report -

In the interests of fair play, perspective and the likelihood that many people will still regard Thunder as a sort of development club in an underdeveloped (in rugby league terms, that is) part of the country, it should be pointed out that their 17 on duty here could claim 376 Super League appearances between them, compared with Oldham’s 24.

Which is all well and good but they had still only won two games before yesterday.

I didn't go to Newcastle but the big problem we have is a lack of leadership on the field. Against Sheffield & again yesterday we conceded multiple back to back tries - no mental resilience.

Is replacing Diskin the answer? It depends on who is available, would Sheridan do anything different if he was promoted?

I don't think Diskin has lost the support of the players we just make too many critical individual errors & are not good enough at full back, stand off, scrum half, hooker & loose forward

My feelings are 

1 We are odds on to be relegated with Swinton if something doesn't change 

2 If that happens then the champ 1 isn't as competitive as national conference 

3 The club is in the death throws at the moment and the players are lacking the foresight to attack, they are sticking to a game plan that isn't working

4 I am of the opinion that its creative flair that's lacking and leadership is secondary 

5 Finally would there be a club without Chris, I would imagine so but there needs to be a 3 year plan for expansion on and off the field. Firstly I would get an academy running as this will give us a talent pool to promote. Give kids tickets but more importantly it needs to be in oldham and someone should press the council for the stadium that was promised all those years ago 

Can I be the only person that remembers 'Adele' from all those years ago ? She had 'strong' reservations about Hamilton and his ownership of our beloved club. As I recall she was much derided at the time. But, in hindsight, maybe she had a premonition of the future and the perilous position in which we now find ourselves ? ?

10 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

We've been through all this before. I remember a few years ago Hamilton met with a group representative of the fans and nothing came of it. 

Yes I was one of the fans and when we got to meeting 3, the club's wall of silence came up and they left us and rugby oldham high and dry.

Of the fans only me and one other attend matches the rest are lapsed fans sad reality 

7 hours ago, clifford said:

Yes I was one of the fans and when we got to meeting 3, the club's wall of silence came up and they left us and rugby oldham high and dry.

Of the fans only me and one other attend matches the rest are lapsed fans sad reality 

I thought it was you but wasn't sure. There was another one who went by the name "home of the tubular bandage" I think. When people are treated like that no wonder they don't attend matches anymore. The last Oldham match I watched was Whitehaven away last year. I've watched some on our league. The thing is I have to wear a mask all day at work so I won't do it in my recreational time. I will be back when all is back to normal. 

Stats-

D Abram-2 tackles. 2 tackle busts. 9 carries=54m

Brierley-2 tackles. one tackle bust. 10 carries=68m

Heaton-16 tackles. 4 misses. 2 tackle busts. 10 carries=71m

Roberts-11 tackles. one miss. one offload. 13 carries=78m

Ince-2 tackles. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 13 carries=114m

Charnock-18 tackles. 4 misses. one tackle bust. 5 carries=32m

Barran-17 tackles. 4 misses. 2 carries=11m

Joy-29 tackles. one miss. 10 carries=54m

Gregory-40 tackles. one miss. one try assist. 8 carries=65m

Kirk-26 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 12 carries=72m

Langtree-27 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 10 carries=99m

Bent-53 tackles. 2 misses. 2 carries=9m

Reilly-41 tackles. one offload. 4 tackle busts. 13 carries=83m

subs

Nelmes-19 tackles. one miss. 8 carries=32m

Fletcher-20 tackles. one offload. 5 carries=33m

Pick-12 tackles. one miss. 4 carries=38m

J Abram-13 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 2 carries=36m

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

I thought it was you but wasn't sure. There was another one who went by the name "home of the tubular bandage" I think. When people are treated like that no wonder they don't attend matches anymore. The last Oldham match I watched was Whitehaven away last year. I've watched some on our league. The thing is I have to wear a mask all day at work so I won't do it in my recreational time. I will be back when all is back to normal. 

I have to wear a mask, but I am classed as extremely vulnerable due to being a diabetic. So I have not been out for 18 months properly. I has hoped to get there at the weekend but its not worth it because since my dad died I go on my own. So I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone.

With the results at present and the style of play I'm not missing much

1 hour ago, clifford said:

I have to wear a mask, but I am classed as extremely vulnerable due to being a diabetic. So I have not been out for 18 months properly. I has hoped to get there at the weekend but its not worth it because since my dad died I go on my own. So I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone.

With the results at present and the style of play I'm not missing much

I'll start going again when everything starts to get back to normal. We're not missing much as things stand. Can't stand the mask Lark,cant see how waring one can be enjoyable even if it is watching the rugby. 

2 hours ago, wayne_r said:

I think we (Swinton) and Oldham are likely candidates for relegation - can't see Rochdale coming up - so at least we all get play each other next season - got to find something to be positive about 🙂

Pretty sure you've nailed it there 

Archived