Roll on York.

RogerT

I always admired Ford, but to say York were the better team all game!! I thought we were very good first half and other than a purple patch in the second for York, Batley deserved that. Having said that my ticker hasn't had as much exercise in a long time lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Piggy's mate said:

I always admired Ford, but to say York were the better team all game!! I thought we were very good first half and other than a purple patch in the second for York, Batley deserved that. Having said that my ticker hasn't had as much exercise in a long time lol

Agree, they were very much second best in the first half, and if I was him, I would be worried about the middle defence, our forwards dominated theirs.

York struggled in the halves and I had expected ours to have noticed a lot quicker than they did. They only put anything together when we 18-10 down. They've not really clicked since Sheffield and it's them we need to get back firing from the off to start dominating again. One thing I have noticed, Walshaw's started running with and onto the ball again and has been on top form since Swinton game and if he'd had another step start he'd have gone himself off that break. Well done everybody, guts and character.

2 minutes ago, phildog said:

York struggled in the halves and I had expected ours to have noticed a lot quicker than they did. They only put anything together when we 18-10 down. They've not really clicked since Sheffield and it's them we need to get back firing from the off to start dominating again. One thing I have noticed, Walshaw's started running with and onto the ball again and has been on top form since Swinton game and if he'd had another step start he'd have gone himself off that break. Well done everybody, guts and character.

Thought our halves led our pack magnificently in the first half where we dominated. Sometimes it is about that rather than them creating chances and cutting through the defensive line. Walshaw been great this season and really went big today, along with the forwards, especially the props who were all outstanding against much vaunted opposition. They were the unsung heroes of today.

I'll watch it again before I pick my 3 for mom, so many candidates 😊

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

We were great in defence found ref was very quick to call 6 again . The wasbrrook  penalty wasn't as he couldn't pull out the tackle and the foward pass was never one . Also were was the knock on.in the build up.to there second try 

Outstanding win. I thought the man in the middle had stolen that away from us. As stated by others, they scored 2 tries off of blatant forward passes, then he has the audacity to chalk that one of Hall's off, that never looked near going forward!!!!

It's about time the RFL did something about the standard of refereeing. They wonder why people are falling out of love with the game. This weekend I've seen 3 games, all of which have been marred by awful officiating. 

Mikalauskas, Kendall and Grant should be fired for gross incompetence.

50 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

thats why people need to join war chest to assist in paying winning pay 🙂

We have but until we can get up to the club how else are we going to pay in, Bulldog Bar outside service I didn't see a war chest at the Swinton match, but I'm holding onto it.

19 minutes ago, RogerT said:

We have but until we can get up to the club how else are we going to pay in, Bulldog Bar outside service I didn't see a war chest at the Swinton match, but I'm holding onto it.

I gave my envelope to one of directors at last game

IMG_0583.JPG

Well played to your boys today I thought when we got 3 try’s back to back we would take control but credit to you they dug in and turned it around. You definitely deserved your lead at half time and maybe should have had more I think we edged the second half but no complaints about the result.

2 hours ago, toffeedog said:

I know its early days of the season but hope we're talking to the squad about resigning as this squad is on par with the kear squad before he left 

This will be a tricky proposition for many clubs, especially as they have no idea what to budget for in 2022.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

This will be a tricky proposition for many clubs, especially as they have no idea what to budget for in 2022.

Spot on BSJ. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Outstanding win. I thought the man in the middle had stolen that away from us. As stated by others, they scored 2 tries off of blatant forward passes, then he has the audacity to chalk that one of Hall's off, that never looked near going forward!!!!

It's about time the RFL did something about the standard of refereeing. They wonder why people are falling out of love with the game. This weekend I've seen 3 games, all of which have been marred by awful officiating. 

Mikalauskas, Kendall and Grant should be fired for gross incompetence.

Funny that , most York fan's felt we got nothing today from the officials , obviously they must have been o k as both set's of speccies obviously favouring their own sides.😀😀😀

D'ya know, taking everything in after weighing up today, I think that's probably our best win so far. We've been behind to teams who I always felt were never confident of beating us, but I think at 18-10 and rampant York had every right to think they could kick on. That they didn't in 2021 like they would have say in 2019 speaks volumes for this squad and the coaches. What has been instilled is priceless. Re re-signings, forget about not knowing what 2022 might or might not bring, conversations have to be had and gentlemans' understandings reached. Anyway, can't see why anyone would be desperate to get away.

15 hours ago, RogerT said:

Yes I saw it early evening before I went out, nice to see Logan's name back in the frame.

Batley is a contender.. You must be a happy chap Rog!!

Funny we haven't talked about the BJB sin-bin; could somebody post a screen-shot of the incident? If JC had nobody in front of him in their defence and I don't remember there being anyone, then we should have had 6 under the sticks as he would have been favourite to score. There was little chance that his chip over was so strong that it would have gone dead. The ref didn't even consult a linesman for an opinion. Wonder if JC made the point?

Archived