Featherstone game

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If, as looks likely, this is going to be a sellout with the restricted capacity, why is it not being shown on OurLeague?

Don’t t get me started again.   Indoor, yes indoor cinemas are limited to 50% capacity.  Outdoor, yep-outdoor sports are limited to 25%.  I thought we were following the science?  Clearly not.   As ever we are making it up as we go along. 

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Don’t t get me started again.   Indoor, yes indoor cinemas are limited to 50% capacity.  Outdoor, yep-outdoor sports are limited to 25%.  I thought we were following the science?  Clearly not.   As ever we are making it up as we go along. 

I definitely didn't want to get anyone started about whether they agreed with the lockdown regulations, was just looking for an answer as to why OurLeague aren't showing the game.

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I definitely didn't want to get anyone started about whether they agreed with the lockdown regulations, was just looking for an answer as to why OurLeague aren't showing the game.

Funny thing PH one schedule list

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com ›

has it  shown  as pay per view  at 3 pm and another

18 minutes ago, POR said:

Funny thing PH one schedule list

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com ›

has it  shown  as pay per view  at 3 pm and another

I don’t see the fixture showing on www.rugby league itv.com. 

According to BSJ the cost to a club of televising on OuRLeague is £1250, so that could be the reason you won’t see it live unless you come to the ground. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If, as looks likely, this is going to be a sellout with the restricted capacity, why is it not being shown on OurLeague?

None of our remaining home games will be shown on OuRLeague, I understand. This is a decision of the club, not of OuRLeague.

As CF rightly says it costs the club £1250 for the broadcast so we would need to sell at least 250 passes to break even, and this wouldn't include ST holders. Whilst the broadcasts have been welcomed by those of us who have watched the number of subscribers appear to have been relatively low.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

None of our remaining home games will be shown on OuRLeague, I understand. This is a decision of the club, not of OuRLeague.

As CF rightly says it costs the club £1250 for the broadcast so we would need to sell at least 250 passes to break even, and this wouldn't include ST holders. Whilst the broadcasts have been welcomed by those of us who have watched the number of subscribers appear to have been relatively low.

278 - home team gets 90% and away team 10% of revenue from passes sold according to Kevin Nicholas' post from April

1 minute ago, J Phil Loxton said:

You will know that Robin is one of our biggest bouncers. So good luck to that one Coolie 😂😂😂😂

Looking forward to seeing you all at our gaff and hopefully you'll behave and we can all enjoy a scintillating game of rugby🤔

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Looking forward to seeing you all at our gaff and hopefully you'll behave and we can all enjoy a scintillating game of rugby🤔

I behave but I can't speak for the others. And I'm unanimous in that😄😄😄 I love going to Dewsbury and Batley. Don't be thinking that your invincible if you beat us. It doesn't work like that😀 Looking forward to it.

12 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Having watched some SL highlights, it would seem mask wearing is optional.

It's a farce Wakey and Cas packed in like sardines,very few masks ,no soc.dist.There must be at least 500 Fev.rovers that would have come to this sundays match.We have got two open ends,not being used with a gale blowing through.

Only around a dozen tickets unsold, I hear.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

It's a farce Wakey and Cas packed in like sardines,very few masks ,no soc.dist.There must be at least 500 Fev.rovers that would have come to this sundays match.We have got two open ends,not being used with a gale blowing through.

We're in Kirklees totally different to Wakefield met🤔

8 minutes ago, coolie said:

We're in Kirklees totally different to Wakefield met🤔

Too bloody right.   Pity we didn’t build the ground half a mile further down owl lane.  Have we ever done well out of Kirklees I wonder. 

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Out of how many?

800 I believe.

20 minutes ago, NickD said:

Too bloody right.   Pity we didn’t build the ground half a mile further down owl lane.  Have we ever done well out of Kirklees I wonder. 

Whereas Wakefield are renowned for the favourable treatment that they dole out to their RL clubs.

I presume that it is the prospect of another defeat that is deterring people from making any forecasts. Fev are quite a  different team from Toulouse in terms of playing style but equally effective. I would hope that we don't concede quite so many as last week but can't really see anything but a comprehensive defeat.

Rams 16 - 42 Fev

Att: 800

FTS: Day

Archived