Featherstone game

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Will Fev be able to cope with our narrow pitch?๐Ÿ˜‚ Given Fev's squad and the money spent, have to go for a Fev win Rams 10 Fev 36.

Championship a two horse race between TO and Fev.

We will have to measure the pitch for obvious reasons. ( Should we lose that is๐Ÿ˜‚ )

9 hours ago, silcoates said:

It's a farce Wakey and Cas packed in like sardines,very few masks ,no soc.dist.

It's OK they're all closely related ๐Ÿฅธ

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment)ย :superman:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

ย 

24 minutes ago, Drifter said:

This was from earlier today. Wimbledon are having a 'test' event for the semis and final and Andrew Lloyd Webber was going to be given 'test' status so his new production could run at capacity yet you're limited to 800 for one of your biggest pay days of the season? It's a farceย 

201277757_10226344911517557_3589476007294195061_n.jpg.fbe7728bced318b62499cb4894f258c4.jpg201277757_10226344911517557_3589476007294195061_n.jpg.2d7491d31757d2e613bdb32725fa72a7.jpg

Spot on drifter. ย As I posted earlier the clever peopleย running the country appear to have it in for sport. ย ย Barely anyone in the grounds. ย Hundreds rammed into pubs and other venues watching inside. ย  ย Same at Headingley for the cricket. ย 

52 minutes ago, Drifter said:

This was from earlier today. Wimbledon are having a 'test' event for the semis and final and Andrew Lloyd Webber was going to be given 'test' status so his new production could run at capacity yet you're limited to 800 for one of your biggest pay days of the season? It's a farceย 

ย 

But you'veย  got to understand it's better for the country the more Pimms Strawberries and Creamย  we sell instead of Pints and Pies

18 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

It's OK they're all closely related ๐Ÿฅธ

Apparently between Wakefield, Castleford.... And that otherย  little town in Wakefield.. Featherstone ๐Ÿค”

Only have 2387 different D.N.A strains

Population per town

Wakefield -ย 343,932

Castlefordย 40,210

Featherstone -ย 14,175

๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ

Itโ€™s a no win situation again for Dews. No matter how well we play, Fev will be stronger,ย quicker and probablyย get all the 50/50s and the 40/20s too.

ย 

Dewsbury 10-44 Featherstoneย 

FTS: Garratt

MoM: Speakman (why not!)

Att: 800

Legs, Dews, Legs.

13 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Itโ€™s a no win situation again for Dews. No matter how well we play, Fev will be stronger,ย quicker and probablyย get all the 50/50s and the 40/20s too.

ย 

Dewsbury 10-44 Featherstoneย 

FTS: Garratt

MoM: Speakman (why not!)

Att: 800

CF don'tย  forgot about all theย 20/ 40's were going to get

13 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I didnโ€™t want to worry us too much!

You've got to understand CF it's only fans with super hero eyesight ๐Ÿ‘๏ธย that seeย 50/50sย ย they don't register with the mere mortals who ref our games who more often than notย  give what they think they see even if it's obvious to the super hero's in the crowd

12 minutes ago, POR said:

You've got to understand CF it's only fans with super hero eyesight ๐Ÿ‘๏ธย that seeย 50/50sย ย they don't register with the mere mortals who ref our games who more often than notย  give what they think they see even if it's obvious to the super hero's in the crowd

Having done some reffing, fans get a better view of some parts of the game than the ref, who has 26 usually much bigger blokes blocking his view.

Disappointing looking at a blowout , Fev way out of reach .ย 

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Credit to Fev they looked very sharp esp Parata and Hall,punished every error and even when we didn't make an error and were able to cope with our narrow pitch ๐Ÿ˜‚ which has been the downfall of some previous Fev teams.ย  Thought we played okay given the opposition, fought to the end, was expecting Sykes to come on at some point. Two toughest teams on consecutive weekends, next week gives us a good chance over at Oldham.

TO v Fev will be interesting, contrasting styles and how they cope in a tight game rather than an easy win.

ย 

13 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Credit to Fev they looked very sharp esp Parata and Hall,punished every error and even when we didn't make an error and were able to cope with our narrow pitch ๐Ÿ˜‚ which has been the downfall of some previous Fev teams.ย  Thought we played okay given the opposition, fought to the end, was expecting Sykes to come on at some point. Two toughest teams on consecutive weekends, next week gives us a good chance over at Oldham.

TO v Fev will be interesting, contrasting styles and how they cope in a tight game rather than an easy win.

ย 

It will especially if we get some of the 11 players back who missed the tetley stadium today who could all put their hands up and claim aย  starting spot in the 17

23 minutes ago, POR said:

It will especially if we get some of the 11 players back who missed the tetley stadium today who could all put their hands up and claim aย  starting spot in the 17

I know Junior Moors wouldn't even get in the Rams team, 3 runs , a few flops and put on report. How much are you paying him? Best get promoted this season if not Campbell might throw another paddy, sack another coach and get fed at paying out....

1 hour ago, POR said:

Toulouse had six players missing last week, so don't get cocky POR. Injuries are part and parcel of the game, as you would happily acknowledge.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Toulouse had six players missing last week, so don't get cocky POR. Injuries are part and parcel of the game, as you would happily acknowledge.

It's a good job Fev and Toulouse had weakened teams then if these scores are anything to go by.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

ย 

I was disappointed with the whole display to be frank. The team selection was odd to say the least - I can understand the logic in resting players for games that we don't expect to win but we also want the fans to turn up to watch and, with bizarre selections like today, some will be put off. If someone could explain why Sykes was on the bench then I would be grateful. If he was being rested then fair enough, rest him, but don't select him as a substitute and not play him; that is simply a waste of one of the 17 spots which could have been better utilised I'm sure. Essentially we played with a 16 man squad.

I felt that we did well for the first 35 minutes, even if Fev were pretty slack up until then. Two silly mistakes ended up costing us 8 points and the game was gone by half time. Webster obviously gave his charges a blast in the interval and they came out firing, whereas we came out like puddings. They strolled through time after time. A couple of quite controversial refereeing decisions didn't help but they didn't affect the eventual outcome even if they might have influenced the margin. However, how a team responds to adversity is a true measure, and our response as a whole wasn't great (with a couple of honourable exceptions). Conceding 48 points in a 40 minute period says it all, really.

We are targeting certain games with the hope of getting sufficient points from them to avoid a crisis, understandably, but such a strategy can come back and bite you if it falls flat. Let us hope that isn't the case.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

It's a good job Fev and Toulouse had weakened teams then if these scores are anything to go by.

Of course, but the comment was directed at the assumption that Fev will be much stronger when they eventually face Toulouse, something that you have managed to avoid so far this season.

The Rams handed that game on a plate to Featherstone.ย  At leastย the Fev.fans ย made the effort to attend.Some of the errorsย our lot made today were terrible.Big deal we got a few tries at the end.There must be a lot of problems going on in the background to come up with that shocking effort.ย  ย This is relegation stuff.

23 minutes ago, silcoates said:

The Rams handed that game on a plate to Featherstone.ย  At leastย the Fev.fans ย made the effort to attend.Some of the errorsย our lot made today were terrible.Big deal we got a few tries at the end.There must be a lot of problems going on in the background to come up with that shocking effort.ย  ย This is relegation stuff.

Let's not be negative, eh?

35 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I was disappointed with the whole display to be frank. The team selection was odd to say the least - I can understand the logic in resting players for games that we don't expect to win but we also want the fans to turn up to watch and, with bizarre selections like today, some will be put off. If someone could explain why Sykes was on the bench then I would be grateful. If he was being rested then fair enough, rest him, but don't select him as a substitute and not play him; that is simply a waste of one of the 17 spots which could have been better utilised I'm sure. Essentially we played with a 16 man squad.

I felt that we did well for the first 35 minutes, even if Fev were pretty slack up until then. Two silly mistakes ended up costing us 8 points and the game was gone by half time. Webster obviously gave his charges a blast in the interval and they came out firing, whereas we came out like puddings. They strolled through time after time. A couple of quite controversial refereeing decisions didn't help but they didn't affect the eventual outcome even if they might have influenced the margin. However, how a team responds to adversity is a true measure, and our response as a whole wasn't great (with a couple of honourable exceptions). Conceding 48 points in a 40 minute period says it all, really.

We are targeting certain games with the hope of getting sufficient points from them to avoid a crisis, understandably, but such a strategy can come back and bite you if it falls flat. Let us hope that isn't the case.

If we win at Oldham next week with a few of the rested players like Oakes, Walton, Sykes and maybe one or more of Ryder, Martin, Tomlinson etc back then the strategy will have worked.ย 

2 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If we win at Oldham next week with a few of the rested players like Oakes, Walton, Sykes and maybe one or more of Ryder, Martin, Tomlinson etc back then the strategy will have worked.ย 

Ryder and Tomlinson will be missing for some time.

Part of the strategy must, surely, involve attracting larger crowds; this is not the way to do so.

Archived