Featherstone game

If we want to be one of the better teams in the Championship it's probably going to cost another £100K-200K.  And that will win you maybe another 10 games. It won't get you promoted, that would probably cost however much Toulouse are spending - maybe £300-400K.

So Mark Sawyer can burn a load of money to achieve nothing or find someone willing to handover lots of money for nothing in return except looking more respectable in the league table. Frustrating I know but realistically you finish pretty much in the table line with the money you spend on players.

Look at Leigh - how much did Derek Beaumont to get into SL likely £1m plus and now they are getting hammered every week and may end the season with no wins and will be back in the Championship next year. Can't blame Mark for not wanting to waste his money.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I know Junior Moors wouldn't even get in the Rams team, 3 runs , a few flops and put on report. How much are you paying him? Best get promoted this seasoasn't at the gamen if not Campbell might throw another paddy, sack another coach and get fed at paying out....

Wasn't at the game yesterday so couldn't comment on his performance  but on one of your other assertions

How much are you paying him?   don't know what was agreed but if he's as poor as you say he is obviously we're not paying him enough🤣

Crumb of comfort from our shambolic performance - we scored more points against Featherstone this season than any other team - in the league. 

Karl Harrison, co-commentating on Radio Leeds, suggested that the referee had influenced Fev’s win and I have to agree, for once, with The Rhino, he who’s son is in the Featherstone ranks. Our opponents got away with forward passes, one in each half particularly, with the touch judge in line, yet each fellow must have closed his eyes at the crucial moment. One did lead to a try. Surely the ball pinching episode did have more than one player involved (Harrison thought so); there seemed to be a tackled player passing the ball from the ground for a try to be scored, another incident of the referee indicating last tackle, but the player was allowed to play the ball, resulting in a try.

All that aside, Featherstone were far too good for us, or we allowed them to be because our defence was woefully inept.

Greenwood, on Radio Leeds, could find not one positive from today

It would seem Fev had to draft in players because they have 11 or 12 players missing, but I am curious who all the missing front line players might be.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I'm now glad the 2 "write off" games are now done, pretty deflated yesterday I expected shipping 120 points in the combined toulouse & Featherstone games and I wasnt far off.. Now we've more even games to come Oldham, Sheffield, Newcastle where we realistically have a chance so we can get out heads up and look forward to these games, I'll be disappointed if out of them 3 games we don't get at least 2 wins... Then Batley who are on fire but it's a Derby game and form goes out the window. 

Onward & upward 🤔

I think anyone who goes into games against Toulouse and Featherstone, on rock hard dry pitches no less, thinking we could win is living in cloud cuckoo land. Those two teams are head and shoulders above the rest in this league. 

Two winnable games coming up. Oldham are shipping points for fun, worryingly for them against teams in the lower half. Be good to see a few players back for next weekend as well. 

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

It would seem Fev had to draft in players because they have 11 or 12 players missing, but I am curious who all the missing front line players might be.

FEV brought in three Lussick(Salford) Dagger(HKR)and Whiteley(York) and had a young lad Spence making his debut on the bench players missing who could all put their hands up and say we're good enough to be in the starting 17 are  Welham, Minns, Blackmore, Chisholm, Jones, Harrison, Lockwood, Day, Ferres, Bussey, and Ferguson

15 hours ago, silcoates said:

What is negative is people saying and the coach"O well we are not supposed to beat sides like this are we"

Maybe I am mistaken but didn't you take CF to task some time ago for being equally negative?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You have a sniff on a wet pitch when every single player plays well and half the opposition play poorly. 

On a sunny day, against players who have been training in full-time Super League environments, you’re asking for a miracle. 

50 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe I am mistaken but didn't you take CF to task some time ago for being equally negative?

The team has let in a lot of points since then.You don't think things are dire,i hope you are right.Our attack does not improve,for instance ,on the last tackle near the line,just taking the tackle and not doing something with the ball.When do the team use a grubber kick.This is match after match not just yesterday and against the french.That's why we don't score many points.Was it the last try we got,we the moved the ball from one side to the other,a kick ahead and a great try. But that's no good when we've shipped in sixty.I  agree they aren't having a lot of luck,one or two of the refs decisions were baffling.At one stage in the first half i thought we were doing quite well,then we did something stupid and as i said yesterday ,put it on a plate for the rovers.

3 hours ago, POR said:

FEV brought in three Lussick(Salford) Dagger(HKR)and Whiteley(York) and had a young lad Spence making his debut on the bench players missing who could all put their hands up and say we're good enough to be in the starting 17 are  Welham, Minns, Blackmore, Chisholm, Jones, Harrison, Lockwood, Day, Ferres, Bussey, and Ferguson

Thanks for the update POR. You have so many, I could think of only Chisholm, Lockwood and Welham and Ie ven thought Harrison had already left. You shouldn’t count Blackmore in the list, isn’t he out forever?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Thanks for the update POR. You have so many, I could think of only Chisholm, Lockwood and Welham and Ie ven thought Harrison had already left. You shouldn’t count Blackmore in the list, isn’t he out forever?

It seems like a long 10 weeks for Blackmore lol. 

5 hours ago, coolie said:

I'm now glad the 2 "write off" games are now done, pretty deflated yesterday I expected shipping 120 points in the combined toulouse & Featherstone games

Why not do a London and take a 24 - 0 loss?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Club have said nowt about him got 10 game ban for being a numpty supposedly available for DOGS away 8th august

On 20/06/2021 at 19:14, Blind side johnny said:

I was disappointed with the whole display to be frank. The team selection was odd to say the least - I can understand the logic in resting players for games that we don't expect to win but we also want the fans to turn up to watch and, with bizarre selections like today, some will be put off. If someone could explain why Sykes was on the bench then I would be grateful. If he was being rested then fair enough, rest him, but don't select him as a substitute and not play him; that is simply a waste of one of the 17 spots which could have been better utilised I'm sure. Essentially we played with a 16 man squad.

I felt that we did well for the first 35 minutes, even if Fev were pretty slack up until then. Two silly mistakes ended up costing us 8 points and the game was gone by half time. Webster obviously gave his charges a blast in the interval and they came out firing, whereas we came out like puddings. They strolled through time after time. A couple of quite controversial refereeing decisions didn't help but they didn't affect the eventual outcome even if they might have influenced the margin. However, how a team responds to adversity is a true measure, and our response as a whole wasn't great (with a couple of honourable exceptions). Conceding 48 points in a 40 minute period says it all, really.

We are targeting certain games with the hope of getting sufficient points from them to avoid a crisis, understandably, but such a strategy can come back and bite you if it falls flat. Let us hope that isn't the case.

Think Sykes was supposed to be 18th man but 3 players dropped out on Saturday.

6 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

He did. Now he and I seem to be of like minds.

Ha! BSJ is on my case and that silly PM from across the dark side,but BSJ sponsors sam Day "a good player" so he has not to get too critical.Never mind we've all seen these rugby disasters  before and come through them. I remember going to Widnes in the 80's and the team losing 80-0.But that was against Martin Off. and the other super players they had at the time.

On 21/06/2021 at 09:15, Crown Flatter said:

Crumb of comfort from our shambolic performance - we scored more points against Featherstone this season than any other team - in the league. 

Karl Harrison, co-commentating on Radio Leeds, suggested that the referee had influenced Fev’s win and I have to agree, for once, with The Rhino, he who’s son is in the Featherstone ranks. Our opponents got away with forward passes, one in each half particularly, with the touch judge in line, yet each fellow must have closed his eyes at the crucial moment. One did lead to a try. Surely the ball pinching episode did have more than one player involved (Harrison thought so); there seemed to be a tackled player passing the ball from the ground for a try to be scored, another incident of the referee indicating last tackle, but the player was allowed to play the ball, resulting in a try.

All that aside, Featherstone were far too good for us, or we allowed them to be because our defence was woefully inept.

Greenwood, on Radio Leeds, could find not one positive from today

Don't know if it's true but Mr Manifield is a  member of the Dewsbury & Batley referee's society and on rovers tv commentator said he was from BATLEY so you and Rhino may be right🖕

Normally you watch the highlights and realise the ref was right, but not sure the officials will want to watch some of this. Moors losing the ball and getting a penalty, off the ball high shot on Fleming from Fev 34. Yellow card and penalty? No, handover to Fev. Parata tackled and gets up and runs on, 8 point try for what? Fleming sin bin, clearly worse than an off the ball high shot, Kopchak leading with the elbow or even 29 head butting a tackled player on the floor? another tackled player gets up and runs on. Fev certainly didn't need any help. 

4 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Normally you watch the highlights and realise the ref was right, but not sure the officials will want to watch some of this. Moors losing the ball and getting a penalty, off the ball high shot on Fleming from Fev 34. Yellow card and penalty? No, handover to Fev. Parata tackled and gets up and runs on, 8 point try for what? Fleming sin bin, clearly worse than an off the ball high shot, Kopchak leading with the elbow or even 29 head butting a tackled player on the floor? another tackled player gets up and runs on. Fev certainly didn't need any help. 

Apparently Knowles was kicking at the ball for the 8 pointer? you can just hear this on the audio but I can't see it myself. Fev were just too good for us but the first minutes or so of the 2nd half the game stopped being a contest thanks largely to the ref. I honestly think we conceded possibly 20 points that period as a result, in as much as our lads knew they couldn't do right for wrong. 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

46 minutes ago, muddyfunster said:

Apparently Knowles was kicking at the ball for the 8 pointer? you can just hear this on the audio but I can't see it myself. Fev were just too good for us but the first minutes or so of the 2nd half the game stopped being a contest thanks largely to the ref. I honestly think we conceded possibly 20 points that period as a result, in as much as our lads knew they couldn't do right for wrong. 

watching on rovers tv it first looked like gale had lost the ball when grounding and the ref didn't award the try straight away 

but looking at the replays  a rams player did  make contact with ball  and gale lost the it as he was going to put it down so penalty try awarded

THE try was only awarded after ref and lino had a chat and funny thing after hall conversion lino spoke to ref again and he was taken under the sticks 

Was surprised we got an 8 pointer because most ref's haven't the bottle to award one but looks like the batley lad wanted to show the rams faithfull who was boss🤣

13 minutes ago, POR said:

watching on rovers tv it first looked like gale had lost the ball when grounding and the ref didn't award the try straight away 

but looking at the replays  a rams player did  make contact with ball  and gale lost the it as he was going to put it down so penalty try awarded

THE try was only awarded after ref and lino had a chat and funny thing after hall conversion lino spoke to ref again and he was taken under the sticks 

Was surprised we got an 8 pointer because most ref's haven't the bottle to award one but looks like the batley lad wanted to show the rams faithfull who was boss🤣

It wasn't a penalty try.

3 minutes ago, POR said:

Never said it was LTS just said one was awarded 

One wasn't awarded.

Penalty try the Referee may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts irrespective of where the offence occurred.

What was awarded was a penalty for an

Offence against Try scorer. If a player fouls an opponent who is touching down for a try, a penalty kick at goal shall be taken from in front of the goal posts after the attempt to convert the try. After his kick has been taken the ball shall be deemed dead and play shall be restarted from the halfway line. This law applies to the period during which the ball is touched down for a try and not to any subsequent period.

DEARY DEARY ME LTS all this nonsense about the rules  nobody in the crowd is going to say to his mate    look a rams  player fouled gale who is touching down for a try, so were going to get a penalty kick at goal       people see a an 8 pointer being awarded and in their eyes it's a penalty try 

Bottom line LTS it's all Tomato Tomahto

On 20/06/2021 at 17:58, Wakefield Ram said:

I know Junior Moors wouldn't even get in the Rams team, 3 runs , a few flops and put on report. How much are you paying him? Best get promoted this season if not Campbell might throw another paddy, sack another coach and get fed at paying out....

This lad JUNIOR who can't get inn the rams squad is in the Combined Nations All Stars squad v england friday night🤣🤣🤣🤣

Archived