Agar linked to Cronulla Sharks

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

Oh dear @The Rocket, that will not endear you to the forum šŸ˜‚

Although, now I think about it... Nathan Brown won silverware in the UK as head coach didnā€™t he? And Ian Millward too didnā€™t he?

Nah mate I don`t come on here to bag the Poms out, that would be rude and It certainly wasn`t my most well thought through theory, but apart from Brown, Steve PriceĀ sprung to mind, Matthew Elliot in the pastĀ  but I don`t expect the locals to start volunteering names of coaches sacked in Oz and then winning over here.

But when you really think about, if average or inconsistent NRL players can stand out over here why shouldn`t coaches, christ they can`t even play the ball properly. Oops...done it again.

• 3 weeks later...

It's Phil Rothfield so who knows (he thinks Hetherington is the rich owner) but:

Daily Telegraph: Door opens for Anthony Seibold coaching comeback

Almost 12 months after his controversial dismissal from the Brisbane Broncos, the door has been opened for Anthony Seibold to make a head-coaching comeback.

The big-money offer has come in recent days from English Super League club the Leeds Rhinos and their wealthy owner Gary Hetherington.

Leedsā€™ coach Richard Agar has quit the club to join the Cronulla Sharks next year under new coach Craig Fitzgibbon as one of his assistants.

Seibold confirmed the offer when we spoke on Friday but declined to comment.

Ā 

Leeds bring this to an abrupt end, the Agar leaving bit at least. Whether he's head coach or not, slightly unclear.

Leeds confirm agar set to stay at rhinos in 2022

Richard Agar will be with Leeds Rhinos in 2022 and for many years to come. From next season, the likelihood is that he will continue as Head Coach with expanded responsibilities. He has had discussions with Anthony Seibold and others who have expressed an interest in a coaching role with Leeds Rhinos but, contrary to reports in Australia, no offer has been made to anyone andĀ we continue to explore our options.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Who has? Agar or Hetherington? Is Agar maybe moving into a Director of Rugby role and looking for a coach?

Sounds like Agar has and yes it would make sense if he's looking to move back to the more backroom role he was originally recruited for.

On 15/06/2021 at 15:32, The Rocket said:

Nah mate I don`t come on here to bag the Poms out, that would be rude and It certainly wasn`t my most well thought through theory, but apart from Brown, Steve PriceĀ sprung to mind, Matthew Elliot in the pastĀ  but I don`t expect the locals to start volunteering names of coaches sacked in Oz and then winning over here.

But when you really think about, if average or inconsistent NRL players can stand out over here why shouldn`t coaches, christ they can`t even play the ball properly. Oops...done it again.

Think these names show where Leeds are at the moment and how far they have fell - the club is arguably- Behind Brisbane- the biggest RL club in the world so some 2nd rate Aussies shouldn't be an option if they want to get back to the top.

31 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Richard Agar - Cronulla Coach in a wordĀ  - NO

He was also never in contention to be the Cronulla head coach, thatā€™s Craig Fitzgibbon, who Agar worked with at Hull. Fitzgibbon wanted Agar as an assistant.Ā 

59 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Think these names show where Leeds are at the moment and how far they have fell - the club is arguably- Behind Brisbane- the biggest RL club in the world so some 2nd rate Aussies shouldn't be an option if they want to get back to the top.

Leeds are in a pretty good place right now, nobody else in the league seems to have noticed it yet though.Ā 

20 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Seibold is woeful, what a terrible choice that would be.Ā 

Well if you judge his last season at the Broncos maybe but that club was broken before he got there,and he did reach the playoffs in his first year and he took Souths to third place & a preliminary final and even took South Wales Scorpions to a playoff spot !

Archived