Leigh games on the Our League app?

Heard contrasting reports about being able to watch Leigh home games on this app. My lot are probably going to be Leigh's first victims on Saturday and we're hoping (yes, really!) to be able to watch it on our hooky Amazon Firestick thingy.

However, I've read that speccies can't watch games from the LSV on the app, is this true or was it another attempt at Degsy bashing?

Answers on a postcard or even this thread please, thanks.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Heard contrasting reports about being able to watch Leigh home games on this app. My lot are probably going to be Leigh's first victims on Saturday and we're hoping (yes, really!) to be able to watch it on our hooky Amazon Firestick thingy.

However, I've read that speccies can't watch games from the LSV on the app, is this true or was it another attempt at Degsy bashing?

Nope , if you want to watch the game , buy a ticket , it's the future 

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Nope , if you want to watch the game , buy a ticket , it's the future 

Thanks...I think!

You posted the following on Scubby's "Fans back in - demand for tickets" thread :

"I was out for a beer with some ' Wigan ' fans at the weekend , all they kept going on about was Leigh being the only club to not stream their games , I pointed out that the Giants fans could buy a ticket , and it was only the Wigan game that Leigh didn't put on our league or make tickets available ( Wigan did stream the game however )"

So which is it? 🤔

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Sorry Rob, Leigh have decided not to allow Our League to stream their games, also increased the admission charge to £30 for non season ticket holders Including both home or away fans in the seating area's as I am aware being the only areas available, glad to be advised otherwise though.

The thought I believe is people will want to watch the games so will pay, only 1800 on Saturday for the Catalan game, it is in my mind a policy which will come back to bite the club in the ariss.

40 minutes ago, M j M said:

It would be reasonable for clubs not to put the games on the app if they haven't sold all the available tickets.

Yes for this season, but they need to work out how to deal with it next year with increased coverage

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sorry Rob, Leigh have decided not to allow Our League to stream their games, also increased the admission charge to £30 for non season ticket holders Including both home or away fans in the seating area's as I am aware being the only areas available, glad to be advised otherwise though.

The thought I believe is people will want to watch the games so will pay, only 1800 on Saturday for the Catalan game, it is in my mind a policy which will come back to bite the club in the ariss.

£30 to watch Leigh 😳

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

£30 to watch Leigh 😳

Yep, the club said that Season Ticket holders having missed out on games would be paying the equivalent amount, so it would not be fair to charge any less for non season ticket holders.

I have a season ticket and I wouldn't mind the club canvassing me for my opinion, I would charge the normal admission rate not £30 I would sooner see the empty seats and terracing occupied other than open spaces.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep, the club said that Season Ticket holders having missed out on games would be paying the equivalent amount, so it would not be fair to charge any less for non season ticket holders.

I have a season ticket and I wouldn't mind the club canvassing me for my opinion, I would charge the normal admission rate not £30 I would sooner see the empty seats and terracing occupied other than open spaces.

You may well see that on Sunday as allowing Hull the south stand may well sell out, and the capacity reached at £30 to sit along the sides.

ps Went to Wires first home game in 2020 and paid £33 to sit in the main stand

45 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

You may well see that on Sunday as allowing Hull the south stand may well sell out, and the capacity reached at £30 to sit along the sides.

I think most folk will have gone home about 5pm Saturday.

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

ps Went to Wires first home game in 2020 and paid £33 to sit in the main stand

But what about our fans Sweaty?

I have said it before, quite a lot are not paying the £30 asking price my worry is many of them may not have seen live rugby league come the end of the season for nearly 2 years, it may just be an habit of not going they will adopt in the future.

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

But what about our fans Sweaty?

I have said it before, quite a lot are not paying the £30 asking price my worry is many of them may not have seen live rugby league come the end of the season for nearly 2 years, it may just be an habit of not going they will adopt in the future.

So how do you break the habit of people watching it in the pub for free ?

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

So how do you break the habit of people watching it in the pub for free ?

Do you not think that this strategy of uplifting the admission cost will have more watching it in the pub for free, I certainly do.

It is in my opinion a really bad buisness decision by the club, they claim to be protecting the season ticket holders, well poll them and seek out their take on it, I would wager the season ticket holders would say not to raise the prices.

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do you not think that this strategy of uplifting the admission cost will have more watching it in the pub for free, I certainly do.

It is in my opinion a really bad buisness decision by the club, they claim to be protecting the season ticket holders, well poll them and seek out their take on it, I would wager the season ticket holders would say not to raise the prices.

I am very much a cynic when it comes to attitudes to watching sport live , you either do or you don't , a few years back I was struggling to afford a ST , so I watched some games and not others , I'd watch 5 games instead of 6 , whereas the ' loyal Leyther ' won't watch any because it's 4 quid more than he thinks it should be 

I do believe we should be more inventive with multi tickets , and half season tickets 

19 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

If your a St holder for Leigh or Hull, I am pretty sure you can watch it on Saturday. 

Looks like, with today's announcement from Mr Beaumont, you may be correct mate.

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/v2/blog/2021/06/15/leigh-centurions-statement-ourleague-coverage/?fbclid=IwAR3xBfJPWXTADTqD-boKT3KdVgeWbdkdGDRku6XbgttyDy3PRseZfX6sdow

Interesting that, in spite of Leigh's announcement this afternoon, the game is yet o be listed as being screened live on the Our League app.

https://www.rugby-league.com/dashboard

Watch this space folks.

11 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

With Netflix, Sky and whatever else being pirated, it is amusing that Leigh used that as a reason in that statement for their reticence to be on Our League. 

Why? Sky pay for the privilege and its not every game. Our league are providing a service to fans unable to access games due to capacity issues. Leigh, we, made a monumental fekk up with ST in the close season when some clubs didnt sell them awaiting covid news or offered refunds for games unable to see eg Leigh ST £240/276 Adult NS with NO refunds - compared to Wire £220 (lowest) with refunds every 4 weeks for unattended games. 

I dont think we will make the same mistake again - but the reduced Sky money and selling of shirt sponsorships etc at Championship rates probably caused overkill in this area.

Archived