Batley this Sunday

georgeb1

Batley are going great this season (and good on em ) as we know we've ,by our own very high expectations have been poor , this is when the club and players need us most , let's be there loud and proud after all Wembley is only 5 weeks away and we can still make top six with hard work and our backing , up the fantastic kneets😀😀😀

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to figure out the likely team for Sunday. So far in the backs I’ve got:

Marsh 

Dixon/Salter/Atkins/???

Sweeting/Ellis 

Really think BJB needs to sit this one out. Perry would’ve been an ideal replacement. Not sure where that leaves us - Bass? Or possibly one of the young kids? 

3 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Trying to figure out the likely team for Sunday. So far in the backs I’ve got:

Marsh 

Dixon/Salter/Atkins/???

Sweeting/Ellis 

Really think BJB needs to sit this one out. Perry would’ve been an ideal replacement. Not sure where that leaves us - Bass? Or possibly one of the young kids? 

Heard Sweeting isn’t playing 6 either 

8 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Heard Sweeting isn’t playing 6 either 

Interesting JAKES preferred position is 6 but he's played fullback at FEV as well and when we signed him from the carpet carriers  in his stats said he'd also played hooker for them 

6 hours ago, Stirlin said:

The 3 loan signings are just a sticking plaster on an open wound.

Unfortunately that's just what is required at the moment , all wounds heal eventually , not expecting miracles this sun just commitment and some entertainment , looking forward to a good game😀😀😀

6 hours ago, Stirlin said:

The 3 loan signings are just a sticking plaster on an open wound.

I have to agree stirlin but i said after the first few games of the season some of our new signing were very slow out of the block and they still are, and i will harp on about our line speed untill  Fordy does something about it it is poor very poor, we don't get into their faces any more, last week Fax.s forward ran hard and from deep and we let them instead of moving up on them and knocking them out of there stride ,we on the other hand get the ball stood still and the opposition are on us and snuffing out our so called attack ,  Fordy has to change his tactic's and game plane, fresh faces are needed and old face need an ultimatum before we see our self's in a relegation battle,we would be moaning if Ford did nothing to strengthen this poor side so any player's brought in are better than none, cant be any worse than the current player we have the Dogs  contingent are very confident of the win and who could blame them ,there' very little cheer from me right now don't no what to expect from this side on game day? just hope we we play to our potential 

WILL THE REAL KNIGHTS TEAM PLEASE STAND UP 

A bit surprised that fans aren't commenting on the Jamie Ellis loan? He's whats described as a journeyman in the game but as far as I know he's always tried his best wherever he's played and at super league level. Isn't he the sort of experienced play maker we need, and although he's been around for a while he's still younger than our other ex super league "stars"? 

Ellis might do a job for us, but it’s just a sign of how the season is crumbling. A combination of big name signings totally failing to deliver, players woefully out of form, injuries (that all teams get), a game plan that an under 10’a opposition coach could spot and nullify, plus wafer-thin defence has led us to where we are.  So we now have a lad from Cas, on loan at Feath who is now with us??? While we loan a big strong winger who is surely worth giving a run of game to as the present incumbent is leaking tries and hardly scoring for fun (though as he never get a a decent pass that’s hardly surprising). Bizarre. 

19 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Ellis might do a job for us, but it’s just a sign of how the season is crumbling. A combination of big name signings totally failing to deliver, players woefully out of form, injuries (that all teams get), a game plan that an under 10’a opposition coach could spot and nullify, plus wafer-thin defence has led us to where we are.  So we now have a lad from Cas, on loan at Feath who is now with us??? While we loan a big strong winger who is surely worth giving a run of game to as the present incumbent is leaking tries and hardly scoring for fun (though as he never get a a decent pass that’s hardly surprising). Bizarre. 

NO you don't FEV signed Jake in Oct 2019 and extended his contract  Jul 2020 so he's 100% FEV not a carpet carrier loanee😀

8 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Unfortunately that's just what is required at the moment , all wounds heal eventually , not expecting miracles this sun just commitment and some entertainment , looking forward to a good game😀😀😀

At least the Sunday dinner will be good.

The thing is Batley's squad is low on numbers but they are playing for one another which should see us through, but either way lets hope it is a good game. 

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

Who? We were missing 7 first teamers up at Whitehaven. I would be amazed if we cam away with anything.

York I meant.

Why are games been shown on our league this weekend,surely now supporters been allowed in to stadiums it must be costing club's revenue by supporters stopping at home and paying £4.95 to watch the game.

45 minutes ago, Puk said:

Why are games been shown on our league this weekend,surely now supporters been allowed in to stadiums it must be costing club's revenue by supporters stopping at home and paying £4.95 to watch the game.

Because not everyone especially away fans can get a ticket I'm sure they will stop when restrictions on crowd size are lifted 

Archived