Match Thread: Championship Round 10, Dewsbury v Featherstone Rovers v Bradford Sunday-20th-June-2021

marklaspalmas

Eight out of eight with an excellent performance v Bradford.

Now we have to face Dewsbury.

Last time I went there it was nip and tuck and a late Dane Chisholm drop goal won an incredibly tight match.

Injury List

Unfortunately, it appears that Day and Minns both picked up injuries. What wretched luck those two lads are having, and the club in general.

From the 16 players who didn't play against Bradford, we had:

1 suspended: Blackmore

6 injured: Chisholm (foot), Bussey (ankle), Ferres (leg), Harrison (foot), Ferguson (hamstring), Welham (Covid related?).

9 Not selected: Luke Cooper. And from the younger lads, McConnell, Doyle, Spence, Beckett, Sweeting, Summer, Sheriff, Whitton.

So perhaps Cooper and Doyle for Minns and Day, with a little reshuffling.

Unless of course, any injured player is ready to return.......

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Mark, Your last sentence"unless of course, any injured player is ready to return...." is very true. It would be  helpful if the club gave us a bit of an update on the injury situation as  a lot of the speccies are getting anxious and asking when will it get better ???

34 minutes ago, haskey said:

Yes Mark, Your last sentence"unless of course, any injured player is ready to return...." is very true. It would be  helpful if the club gave us a bit of an update on the injury situation as  a lot of the speccies are getting anxious and asking when will it get better ???

Totally agree. The club has had a large turnover in staff in 2021 and it seems to have affected their communication with the fans among other things.

Some tough fixtures coming up in July before the big one against Toulouse on 1st August, I sincerely hope we have a good few back by then?

When is Blackmore's suspension up? Surely it can't be long now?

8 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Some tough fixtures coming up in July before the big one against Toulouse on 1st August, I sincerely hope we have a good few back by then?

When is Blackmore's suspension up? Surely it can't be long now?

I think his suspension started some time after his injury issues, he was banned for 10 weeks and it only started on May 24 so I make it that he won't be back until the first week of August.

6 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Eight out of eight with an excellent performance v Bradford.

Now we have to face Dewsbury.

Last time I went there it was nip and tuck and a late Dane Chisholm drop goal won an incredibly tight match.

Injury List

Unfortunately, it appears that Day and Minns both picked up injuries. What wretched luck those two lads are having, and the club in general.

From the 16 players who didn't play against Bradford, we had:

1 suspended: Blackmore

6 injured: Chisholm (foot), Bussey (ankle), Ferres (leg), Harrison (foot), Ferguson (hamstring), Welham (Covid related?).

9 Not selected: Luke Cooper. And from the younger lads, McConnell, Doyle, Spence, Beckett, Sweeting, Summer, Sheriff, Whitton.

So perhaps Cooper and Doyle for Minns and Day, with a little reshuffling.

Unless of course, any injured player is ready to return.......

Mark, in his RoversTV interview with Pete, Minnsy said he'd be ready to again this weekend. We'll have to wait ands see.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

41 minutes ago, roversspud said:

Mark, in his RoversTV interview with Pete, Minnsy said he'd be ready to again this weekend. We'll have to wait ands see.

Well, that would be good news.

It sounds like he's been playing with an injury all season.

You've got to be tough to play this game. 

Be good to get to Dewsbury on Sunday, always a good away day.

Shame such a great win last week had to come at the expense of a few more injuries. Gutting in particular to see Brad helped off given how hard he'd worked and how well he was going, it's terrible luck for the lad if he's picked up another longer term problem. Best wishes to him, and hope to see him back in action soon.

18 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

21 man squad announced this afternoon.

I assume we'll have three loanees in there. Shades of the old days, but we've a long injury list.

Will Minns be fit? Any returnees from last week's list?

With the new signing MLP I wonder if  we will  be taking the opportunity to rest Thomas M  ankle

18 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

It might be wise. The season is long.

What are you thinking? Jagger at FB, newby and Gale down the flanks with Hally and Hardcase at centre?

That might well be what happens. The other possibility is that we have already been told that Hull KR want Dagger back next week with Quinlan expected to be in the Combined nations squad, so Whiteley's loan is designed to help us with that with Hall reverting to full back.

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

That might well be what happens. The other possibility is that we have already been told that Hull KR want Dagger back next week with Quinlan expected to be in the Combined nations squad, so Whiteley's loan is designed to help us with that with Hall reverting to full back.

That may be the reason PH but why this week and not next tells me were going to play him sunday if he doesn't there's going to be floods of tears at the LNER according to York fans they are crying out for a winger apparently big signing BJB not cutting the mustard😭

Pleased  Minn's   is having a week off to recover depending on how bad it is maybe another week off as well against Newcasile home so he is fit for Widnes away game.Any news on Welham?.or is he not bothered.Moors was quiet against Bradford was he carrying an injury noticed in the second half he took up the right outside centre position and didn't do much tackling in the middle.

Yes, updates on the injury situation would be helpful, instead of this secret society attitude of the club. 

44 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Squad named
https://twitter.com/FevRoversRLFC/status/1405859037762179081/photo/1

Welcome return of Harrison to the squad, remains to be seen if he plays

Intersting point PH but for me with James being out for a few weeks  I can't see the point of naming him  in 21 if he's not going to be on the bench might as well  as named Thomas M and then left HIM out of 17

Looking at list would have thought Luke C and three young lads all miss out

1 minute ago, POR said:

Intersting point PH but for me with James being out for a few weeks  I can't see the point of naming him  in 21 if he's not going to be on the bench might as well  as named Thomas M and then left HIM out of 17

Might be dependent on captain's run tomorrow. We named Bussey in the squad for the Halifax game the week after he got his injury but he didn't play and hasn't made the squad since. Sometimes they just don't know if a player is going to be ready or not when they name the squad.

That said Webbo did say last week that Harrison might be ready for this weekend's game.

Archived