Match Thread: Championship Round 10, Dewsbury v Featherstone Rovers v Bradford Sunday-20th-June-2021

marklaspalmas

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Might be dependent on captain's run tomorrow. We named Bussey in the squad for the Halifax game the week after he got his injury but he didn't play and hasn't made the squad since. Sometimes they just don't know if a player is going to be ready or not when they name the squad.

That said Webbo did say last week that Harrison might be ready for this weekend's game.

That's true PH but the club know if he's fit  and it's silly putting him in the squad  if James is going to be a no show    getting  the fans  in a tiz wetting their pants because of  his long awaited   return to action 🤣

As for Jack maybe we named him because you've got to name a squad of  21  for RFL  even though we knew he wasn't going to play  would we have done  it if we only had to name 19?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, POR said:

That's true PH but the club know if he's fit  and it's silly putting him in the squad  if James is going to be a no show    getting  the fans  in a tiz wetting their pants because of  his long awaited   return to action 🤣

As for Jack maybe we named him because you've got to name a squad of  21  for RFL  even though we knew he wasn't going to play  would we have done  it if we only had to name 19?

Jack was never going to play, Webbo said after the game that he didn't have 21 fit players to name.

8 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Jack was never going to play, Webbo said after the game that he didn't have 21 fit players to name.

That's my point steve this time we'ave enough fit players on the list so could  have named an unfit minns to make up the 21 without putting James in and then not playing him

17 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Unfamiliar looking team. Two more debuts, so now three loans and two young uns mixed into the regular squad.

Lockwood and Jones rested and still no Harrison.

It's a weakened line up no doubt, with 11 of the first team squad missing.

no jones so possible change spence  in the half's for nu with  nu playing 9 for  parata  and then the farce with james been out for a few weeks  named in squad and not picked WHY has he been named at all???????  We could have put  minns in the squad instead and then not picked him simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEV rovers management if SH%t was brains you'll all be constipated

13 minutes ago, POR said:

no jones so possible change spence  in the half's for nu with  nu playing 9 for  parata  and then the farce with james been out for a few weeks  named in squad and not picked WHY has he been named at all???????  We could have put  minns in the squad instead and then not picked him simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEV rovers management if SH%t was brains you'll all be constipated

I've probably missed something here,If so,apologies.

Why is it better to name Minns and not play him,than name Harrison and not play him

13 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I've probably missed something here,If so,apologies.

Why is it better to name Minns and not play him,than name Harrison and not play him

Because you've got to name  21 in the squad for the RFL  and we've done it before with an injured bussy so you can name minns to keep the RFL happy 

with james he's been out for a few weeks and some on the forum has been longing for his comeback especially  after webbo said he could be fit for dewsbury  he then appears in the squad and  not to be picked seems silly 

Personally with him being out for a few weeks I would only name in in the squad if he was definitely going to play 

57 minutes ago, POR said:

Because you've got to name  21 in the squad for the RFL  and we've done it before with an injured bussy so you can name minns to keep the RFL happy 

with james he's been out for a few weeks and some on the forum has been longing for his comeback especially  after webbo said he could be fit for dewsbury  he then appears in the squad and  not to be picked seems silly 

Personally with him being out for a few weeks I would only name in in the squad if he was definitely going to play 

Either, or both could have a squad inclusion clause in their contract.

37 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Either, or both could have a squad inclusion clause in their contract.

Interesting supposition LTS if they do why aren't they named every week instead of some of the young lads who I would guess don't

92 points scored....

Appalling!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

17 minutes ago, Rarefrith said:

Not for us, we scored 68 of them with 11 players out. 

I'd watch the highlights, but don't have 80mins to spare!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

45 minutes ago, Rarefrith said:

Yes but 24 points conceded including a try off the last play - we are actually in a worst posistion in terms of the league than when we started this morning

Its not about how many you score this year the main thing to focus on is the defence and points conceded

14 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Yes but 24 points conceded including a try off the last play - we are actually in a worst posistion in terms of the league than when we started this morning

Its not about how many you score this year the main thing to focus on is the defence and points conceded

But none of that really matters it'a all about beating TO in the league and more importantly  in the playoffs

12 minutes ago, POR said:

But none of that really matters it'a all about beating TO in the league and more importantly  in the playoffs

Absolutely - but the sad reality is, for this year - if we do get beat and somehow toulouse slip up along the way - last play concessions in a romp might cost us also

Yes.... Defence today was not up to scratch, poor first half with too many mistakes, but let rip in the second, with some nice flowing moves.

I take the points quoted above ,but 2 points is still the main aim in any game, and we did get them in some style.

2 hours ago, Rarefrith said:

Against a team with a large number of absentees. Fev fans keep harping on about their missing players but you squad strength can't be that bad if you can turn out this 17 and still let players go out on loan.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

25 minutes ago, haskey said:

Yes.... Defence today was not up to scratch, poor first half with too many mistakes, but let rip in the second, with some nice flowing moves.

I take the points quoted above ,but 2 points is still the main aim in any game, and we did get them in some style.

Obviously a well deserved victory. I thought that your lot looked a bit sloppy and possibly complacent in the first half. I expected Webster to give them a real rollicking at half time and, by the looks of the way you played in the second half, he did and it worked.

Assuming that you do sometime get to play Toulouse it would be a very interesting game for the neutral and I wouldn't wager a penny on the outcome.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Dewsbury stood toe to toe for the first twenty odd minutes and had two tries disallowed and maybe rightly so who knows?. The point is they made some chances and never looked like conceding 68 at that point. Fev are a side that are hard to stop in segments of the match and pace themselves accordingly. The Rams scored more points than any other teams against our defence. Fev have got big hit players all over the pitch to counter any setbacks even with numbers missing. We have a good deep squad. Dewsbury weren't that poor a side and just lack a couple of big hitters. Fev had their tackling machine and captain Lockwood missing today who gets through a lot of defensive work. In this revamped game without scrums to rest players the scoreline can unjustly run away from you. I'm not taking anything away from our display which was magnificent but things need to be put into perspective.

3 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Absolutely - but the sad reality is, for this year - if we do get beat and somehow toulouse slip up along the way - last play concessions in a romp might cost us also

If Fev and Toulouse both lose the same number of games this year the “Difference Percentage” will never come into play. This is because Fev will have played more games than Toulouse and therefore our “Win Percentage” will be greater putting us top of the league. 

The only two scenarios where the “Differene Percentage” would come into play are:

1) If both teams end up on 100% win percentage, which could happen if the Fev v Toulouse game was cancelled due to COVID-19.

2) If Fev have to cancel games due to COVID-19 and end up playing the same number of games as Toulouse with the same numbers of losses.

Therefore I’d not worry about how many points we concede in any one game as long as we keep winning.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

A strange one today for many reasons.  Before the game we were on about injuries and how it couldn't get worse only to find out Locky (does he ever miss a game) and Jones were out.  

Ok we are still just about managing to put out a 17 who are arguably man for man better than the opposition but I reckon scoring 68 points away from home against a team who always give us a good game made this our best win of the season.

I thought Dewsbury gave it a real go in the first half.  I was behind the sticks and I wouldn't have complained if either of the disallowed tries had been given.  they could easily and maybe deservedly been leading at HT.  That said once we got on top I was disappointed with Dewsburys reaction.  We scored some cracking tries but it was a bit like a training session at times.  At least we got a look at what Toulouse face each week (when they have a game)

Archived