Town v Rochdale

Derwent Park SC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bobg said:

Not sure Rochdale where the better team mate, they did loads of dumb things like us, ie the bloke trying to throw a pass after the hooter.

I thought we made them look good. They got field position and trys off the back of our errors and discipline. I can't believe how much they got away with lying on throughout the entire game

I’ll take that for a finish but we were very poor in both attack and defence for some reason. Although we scored 34 points we were never slick with the ball in hand and were struggling to make yards. It didn’t help that every play the ball was slowed down so much, not sure what the 6 again rule is for if refs aren’t going to use it. Need a huge improvement for next week even though Barrow have a lot of injuries as did Rochdale. Let’s hope we can tighten our defence up and start to use some of the pace we have out wide.

Referee was very poor today I thought, but had little no no help from his touchies.  I see Penky is still the same little mouth piece we use to love 🤣

Huge improvement needed to get anywhere near barrow next week. Donny draw has helped though

Poor old Matty Henson had zero to scoot off the ruck was so slow . It’s ok going with a lighter mobile pack but when we were hitting it up we just didn’t look like we were going anywhere . I thought personally they were livelier , bit sharper , made more yards and a few offloads , I don’t think we had even one . It just looked really sluggish and slow today and with the brittle defence and repeated errors inviting pressure Chris said on interview the players are ‘ really gonna get it ‘ this week and he’ll bore them with the same message until they get it .

By the way was it gonna be a draw or do we play golden point ?

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

By the way was it gonna be a draw or do we play golden point ?

Would have been a point each, no golden point in this league. Hunslet & Donny drew 18 all today.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Not a great game with a fantastic end!

Rochdale had obviously been watching the videos of us as they shut a lot of our plays down, and it was the off the cuff moves that got us a lot of our tries. Fui's try apart as I know you sometimes cant stop him even when you know what is coming I thought our line defence was poor, and some lazy tackles at times, especially on their first. Our last play kicks aren't great either and fair play to the Hornets they had the imagination and varied things. BUT

We can't forget that we did win against a decent side and a ref that allowed them to blunt a quick PTB which killed our attacking play. We showed glimpses again but like has already been said we do struggle to make yards sometimes so when we force the play as we can't get a roll on we make mistakes. But we have found a way to win again and the lads deserve a big pat on the back, the last play was just brilliant and Buffer deserved it as he had a decent game taking the line on.

Hope Stevie is OK as you could hear the impact and he will be a miss. Barrow have a big team, but if we cut out the silly stuff we can hand them their first defeat. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Think we are a bit predictable .How many times did it just go across the field untill Caine Barnes ran into it .Couldn't believe they kicked off and won the ball every time ,and put us on the back foot . It was good to see Carl intercept that pass .couldn't happen to  better professional and club man . Roll on Barrow next up . Cut out the errors  , hope the ref allows a quicker play the ball . And move the line of defence  up quicker .stop them running at us .and  watch the off loads in the tackle .  And a bit of luck we could come away a result . UTT 

Brilliant way to win, but we really are struggling in all aspects of the game. Attack is slow and obvious, defence is too passive, kicking game is poor, goal line defence is shambolic. And we really need to get a grip of these kick offs, teams know how to use it against us now, so change the positioning, get the tall lads up closer, gets some blocker in etc, it's so frustrating how often we let teams back in after we have scored.

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Given that it was a real effort out there I’m not sure why we’re not taking two in front of the sticks 

You and everyone else David,2 points can be vital in tight games but luckily we came away with a win.At least we were heading for a draw,but forbers interception won the game for us,but its not helping my blood pressure with silly mistakes,and i still say we need a big middle runner to take some pressure a bit like Dales number 12 who had an hell of a game,thats what i think we need but thats my opinion not the coaches.😀

Well done Town. Just need to cut out the errors, throw the ball about more rather than 1 man rugby and cover the line and ball more. 

Ref didn't help... but then when do they ever! 

Thought Penky and Fui would of got a better reception tho. Some nasty comments shouted from the fans when I'm sure we would never turn down the chance to have them back. I was glad to see them back at derwent park. 

What makes Barnes’s contribution even more impressive is that he’s basically just given the ball from someone standing next to him and it’s ‘ see what you can do with that ‘ . If we could give him some good ball a bit quicker with a bit of space he’d be doubly as good 

I thought overall, hard  game with lots of mistakes n errors. I thought play of the balls were far to slow, which didnt help the game flow. Need practice on restarts.  But what a cracking finish,  Came out of game with grey hair.ha. hope stevie ok. 2 pts though.  Onto next 1.utt

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Given that it was a real effort out there I’m not sure why we’re not taking two in front of the sticks 

The problem is, its OK taking 2 but when you can't keep possession off the kick off its more of a advantage to the other team 🙈

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, THMS said:

Well done Town. Just need to cut out the errors, throw the ball about more rather than 1 man rugby and cover the line and ball more. 

Ref didn't help... but then when do they ever! 

Thought Penky and Fui would of got a better reception tho. Some nasty comments shouted from the fans when I'm sure we would never turn down the chance to have them back. I was glad to see them back at derwent park. 

Thought it a big gesture from Fui, clapping town fans at the end, could still do a job for us, we struggled to hold him when he came on and he really tired out our middles

10 minutes ago, Town utd said:

I now the teams winning, but I would like to see O'Brien an Marwood get a run at hooker,town need sharper play and better passing from acting half, change things up a bit.

Not at our best today but its impossible to get quick ball from dummy half when ref allows opposition to dominate in the tackle with a third man lying on every time, they knew what they were doing

Archived