Thu 17 Jun: SL: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/06/21 at 19:15

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ultimate test of whether Steve Price's last side have what it takes to challenge this season.   I predict Warrington to concede a few early tries through schoolboy errors, then make a fight of it.   I'm still backing Saints for a 12-14 point win though, just can't see Warrington being clinical enough to convert all their chances.

I think we're in for a close game if both teams play at or near their best, but I do think Saints are overall a stronger team. However as we've seen already this year both can have a really bad day (Saints at Catalans and Wire against Cas) and if that happens its not inconceivable that one team could run away with it and get a 20+ point win.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Widdop’s last game in a Warrington shirt perhaps? If the sewing circle is to be believed? 

Seems that way.

Rumours are Widdop (who is reportedly on around £450,000 at Wire) is immediately off to Canberra Raiders or NZ Warriors (surely Canberra if he wants to be back in Aussie?). Williams immediate replacement. 

Three wins from four out of games against Hull (twice), Catalans and Warrington would be a good return from those four games. Two wouldn’t be great, though not completely disastrous. 

I don’t share everyone’s confidence that we’ll win comfortably. They’ve been the form side for some time so it’ll be a tough game. 

Gone are the days when Eddie used his favourite lines about Wire not having beaten Saints in over a hundred years and Browny expressing exasperation about it.

Be a close one tonight and I think Wire will just edge it.

Skints 22 Wire 23, Widdop's parting gift, a drop goal to nick it.

You 'eard it here first.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Saints to win quite easily, Wires problems are in their heads and Price has been unable to alter their mindset, they lack the application to perform consistently to a high standard, mistakes creep in and the effort drops off. Whether Powell will be able to turn them round is doubtful, they just keep throwing money at big signings who fail to make a difference, if that's causing resentment amongst the rest of the group that might be the heart of the problem.

Archived