Thu 17 Jun: SL: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/06/21 at 19:15

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed that. But I have always felt that tries got in the way of a good game of Rugby League. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Warrington have it in them to win the title

Just too up and down. 

Go on admit it. You just copied and pasted that from any year between 2009-2021 didn’t you?

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Enjoyed that,some great defence on show but worrying for England Lomax was anonymous all night.

I only saw the last 15 minutes, but Saints had plenty changes inside the 15m line.  I thought when wire dropped a ball then saints would make it count.

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

No, no. That was a GF winning defensive performance.

And just as I type, Ben Currie says they know they have it within them.

Well as long as we don’t play any so-called lesser teams between now and the final we’ll be good. Because that’s where we fall down. We have an ‘Overdog’ mentality if such a thing exists!

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Wire desperately need Williams to take charge of their attack and gel how Widdop has this year if they’re to go well at the end of the year. 

Williams maybe here sooner. 

16 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Dodgy ref calls cost saints the game, oh well its not as if warrington are going to win the league

In the second half we had everything from the ref and still failed.

Dodgy ref calls piggybacked us up field in the second half and Kendall put us in some great positions numerous times. We had nothing about us to actually force a try. Watching the same routine of winger, winger, centre, prop, prop take one out rugby in to a competent side was never going to work and that’s where we look a problem, we have no plan b. 

To be fair Warrington did stop the game a number of times when they were defending their line with so called injuries. Like watching Catalans a few years ago who were Masters at it. Toby King ran back 40 yards on one occasion to collapse on his line to make sure the ref had to stop the play. 🤔 

Various posts deleted.

Way too much personal abuse creeping in here.

Stick to discussing the game.

Next one who throws an insult in here will be getting 7 days on the sidelines.

6 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Well i made 3 points and instead of debate its personal attacks, clearly because I am right and its the default argument to mock and make personal attacks

No, you said some stuff which was your opinion which no one agreed with. If you get challenged over a penalty which you think should have been given just state your reasons. Instead you went into flippant comments not related to the game. 

But I’m being unfair. Start again and take a step back from the emotion, explaining the issue.

20 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Penalty for barging a player off the chase but no penalty try....

I didn't think it was even worthy of a penalty, both players running back, one had more momentum and held the other one off.

Had the Saints player shouldered the Wire player off and scored, would you have thought it should have been disallowed?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

In an attempt to turn the conversation away from straw clutching, was that a really good game or really bad game?

I'm honestly not sure what I think. Thought it was quite tense towards the end but wonder what the neutral view was?

8 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I didn't think it was even worthy of a penalty, both players running back, one had more momentum and held the other one off.

Had the Saints player shouldered the Wire player off and scored, would you have thought it should have been disallowed?

I think it should have been a try regardless, I would sooner watch a game with trys, we call union for tgis but our game is turning into it.

Several acts of gamesmanship in multiple games this season Gaskell being the worst for me running into a player and falling down like he had been shot.

Archived