Sun 20 Jun: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

At Tailfinders. 300 Max and probably less. So sad to see it like this, when we last here pre covid was 800+.

Lets hope we win at least.

But if this is going to crowd size it's not looking good for when me move to PL. Ealing feels empty so in a 9k stadium is going to feel like a library.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Widnes 12 Sheffield E 6 at half time. Fairly cagey arm wrestle for much of the half, with Widnes having rather more of the attacking chances and getting the first try. Widnes in the process of going over for a try but Ryan Millar intercepted and went almost 100m to make it 6-6. Lovely pass from prop Paul Clough for Widnes's second try - suspect that's going to be on his career highlights reel.

Halifax winning 22-0 at Swinton at half time.

Widnes 30 Sheffield 20 FT.

Much better second half, both teams definitely stepped up a gear.

Adam Lawton sent off after the hooter for an off-the-ball tackle. Sheffield score a try in the corner from the resulting penalty.

Huge win for Featherstone 68-24 - very impressive - but they still sit behind Toulouse on the table 9-9-0 versus 7-7-0. I assume points difference is on a points percentage too as if you win more games you will get a bigger points differential? 

17 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Great win for Batley into the top 3! York doing it tough atm. Losing ground.

And yet the best York have played all season according to Ford!

We never bothered changing up from first gear 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just back from 1st game this season I've seen at Trailfinders (last game I attended was the fev game pre-covid).  First half was probably the worst london performace I have ever seen (and I've seen some hammerings in the past), but 2nd half different game and London running in tries at will, some good tries with good skills as will, and they could have had more, but queue on rack in last 10 mins.

Was lucky was against a team who could not take more advantage of just how bad London was first half, a team like Fev or Tolouse / Bradford / Fax / York would have put 30+ on us in that first half, but will take the win and lots of positives in 2nd half.

However attendance 😞  was really hoping more people would have taken advantage of the 4 for £60 offer but did not see it... 300 would be my estimate 😞, and considering you could have a ticket for £15, I really don't know where the club can go from here.  

15 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Just back from 1st game this season I've seen at Trailfinders (last game I attended was the fev game pre-covid).  First half was probably the worst london performace I have ever seen (and I've seen some hammerings in the past), but 2nd half different game and London running in tries at will, some good tries with good skills as will, and they could have had more, but queue on rack in last 10 mins.

Was lucky was against a team who could not take more advantage of just how bad London was first half, a team like Fev or Tolouse / Bradford / Fax / York would have put 30+ on us in that first half, but will take the win and lots of positives in 2nd half.

However attendance 😞  was really hoping more people would have taken advantage of the 4 for £60 offer but did not see it... 300 would be my estimate 😞, and considering you could have a ticket for £15, I really don't know where the club can go from here.  

Yeah I reckoned 300.i It felt flat though decent noise at times I also noticed there were virtually no kids. Hardly surprising it is now £15 for any kids over 5. That is why mine didn't come with our group today

First half we just kept choosing bad options, countless lunges for the line that weren't on, passes near ankles and at times on the right we didn't concentrate, why did Lovell kick on the second? 

Second half great fun though. The full timeness came through and we dominated their pack. Despite their fans moaning the ref was decent

Anyone know why there was no stall selling merch? I was going to buy a cap and a shirt

Sounds like a good game at York. Im surprised they got so close to Batley but maybe even though its a loss this could kick start their season showing they can compete with the top teams.

Batley V fax next week the big one and might be an indicator to see if Fax have improved from when Batley hammered us in the cup at the start of the season.

15 minutes ago, crashmon said:

I'll say again. Why on earth are kids over five a £15 ticket? It was noticeable the usual 'dad's with lads' was not there

No family ticket even??

2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'll say again. Why on earth are kids over five a £15 ticket? It was noticeable the usual 'dad's with lads' was not there

No family ticket even??

We are a different type of group (2 adults + one senior), so we don't bring kids so I did not even know that they are charging that anount for kids.  But yes I saw very few families today, and very few kids. 15GBP is alot for kids over 5

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Widnes 30 Sheffield 20 FT.

Much better second half, both teams definitely stepped up a gear.

Adam Lawton sent off after the hooter for an off-the-ball tackle. Sheffield score a try in the corner from the resulting penalty.

The sending off 🤷🏻‍♂️

Archived