Sat 19 Jun: SL: Leigh Centurions v Hull FC KO 15:00

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/21 at 14:30

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're missing a few but I think this would be a possible defeat anyway.

Might be Leigh's first SL win and only the speccies in the ground to witness it.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

I expect us to lose , and to watch it with fans who want to watch live RL and are happy to pay for it , and don't expect to get it for free 

We as Leigh fans (season ticket holders) have been able to watch our away games cuertosy of the home club, shocking that we do not reciprocate.

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

We as Leigh fans (season ticket holders) have been able to watch our away games cuertosy of the home club, shocking that we do not reciprocate.

I fully understand why matches were streamed , and I believe that the occasional match could prove beneficial , but ultimately we are selling a product , ' selling ' being the operative word , meaning everybody should pay , and we know that when games are put on our league , they are then being given away , so how long should that carry on for ? 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I expect us to lose , and to watch it with fans who want to watch live RL and are happy to pay for it , and don't expect to get it for free 

I don't normally expect to have to explain myself on here but I'll make an exception in this case.

Prior to Covid 19, I attended every Hull FC home game and perhaps missed one or two away games every season going back decades. During this time I've met a fair few forum members from here including Harry Stottle, who seems like a very decent bloke.

In early November last year, I tested positive for Covid 19. It was a horrendous time for me, I ended up confined to bed for over two weeks. Happily now I'm almost fully recovered but still have lasting effects that I'm told may go over time.

I wouldn't want to wish my Covid experience on anyone, so now I'm in no rush to attend public gatherings of any kind and certainly not RL matches that I can watch live via Sky and the Our League app.

So please don't preach to me about you being a RL fan who is happy to pay to watch live RL while I, in your opinion, am not. especially when you have no idea about my circumstances.

Hopefully, when the World is a healthier, Covid free place, I'll wander over to the next Leigh v Hull FC fixture and we can have a beer.

In the meantime, if circumstances change, I hope we can meet up when Leigh visit Hull for the return SL fixture.

You will, of course, be attending?

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Enjoy the game, unfortunately I know a number of people who have suffered similar to yourself, and even more unfortunately people who didn’t recover so I understand your situation - “just go buy a ticket” is a shameful statement under the current conditions

2 minutes ago, ColD said:

Enjoy the game, unfortunately I know a number of people who have suffered similar to yourself, and even more unfortunately people who didn’t recover so I understand your situation - “just go buy a ticket” is a shameful statement under the current conditions

Very kind of you to take the time to comment, I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I don't normally expect to have to explain myself on here but I'll make an exception in this case.

Prior to Covid 19, I attended every Hull FC home game and perhaps missed one or two away games every season going back decades. During this time I've met a fair few forum members from here including Harry Stottle, who seems like a very decent bloke.

In early November last year, I tested positive for Covid 19. It was a horrendous time for me, I ended up confined to bed for over two weeks. Happily now I'm almost fully recovered but still have lasting effects that I'm told may go over time.

I wouldn't want to wish my Covid experience on anyone, so now I'm in no rush to attend public gatherings of any kind and certainly not RL matches that I can watch live via Sky and the Our League app.

So please don't preach to me about you being a RL fan who is happy to pay to watch live RL while I, in your opinion, am not. especially when you have no idea about my circumstances.

Hopefully, when the World is a healthier, Covid free place, I'll wander over to the next Leigh v Hull FC fixture and we can have a beer.

In the meantime, if circumstances change, I hope we can meet up when Leigh visit Hull for the return SL fixture.

You will, of course, be attending?

Sorry to hear of your illness , but in truth that is irrelevant , the games when not ' available ' have been streamed , but they weren't streamed before , and IMO once the games are available to attend then they should not be ( unless the home club wants to ) 

Will I be making the trip to Hull ? , Don't know , depends how I feel , I came last time to see us win , but if the game is streamed or not won't affect the decision 

As for the game itself. Hull have a few injuries, mainly at centre and in the front row. It'll be interesting to see what Hodgson does with his backline. Could see Connor at centre, could see a debut for Vulikijapani.

Injuries aside it will still be a strong starting 13 for Hull and it should be good enough to get the job done. Leigh have competed well in the last 2 games and I don't think a win is too far away for them, but if we are switched on we should be too big and physical for them down the middle.

42 minutes ago, MZH said:

As for the game itself. Hull have a few injuries, mainly at centre and in the front row. It'll be interesting to see what Hodgson does with his backline. Could see Connor at centre, could see a debut for Vulikijapani.

Injuries aside it will still be a strong starting 13 for Hull and it should be good enough to get the job done. Leigh have competed well in the last 2 games and I don't think a win is too far away for them, but if we are switched on we should be too big and physical for them down the middle.

My interpretation exactly, but I so dearly want to be wrong. As I say we can score tries but I think we will just prove to lightweight down the middle channel, I can foresee a lot of one out stuff from Hull then Sneyd getting it wide quickly, conversely Leigh will throw the ball about like it is a hot potato, it so very nearly came off last week and should have levelled the scores with Catalan, twice in the last 5 mins having broke the Cats line we bombed two clear cut opportunities with not very good ball deliveries to the support player's.

Leigh's offense is really very good to watch, probably as exiting as anything in the division in comparrison to some of the mundane structured stuff we see on TV, not as effective mind but far more entertaining.

Not sure which way Hodgson will go with replacing the injured centres. Going to guess at Faraimo to centre with Vulikijapani making his debut on the wing. Wynne on the bench if this partnership doesnt work, he can slot into fullback and Connor to centre.

Jack Brown to replace Bowden on the bench. Still a pretty strong 17. 

14 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Sorry to hear of your illness , but in truth that is irrelevant

How is it irrelevant?

I've already told you that I attend all home games and nearly all away under normal circumstances and, if I could attend this one then I would.

Having suffered Covid once I certainly don't want to risk it or any other variant until cases disappear, something that still seems some time away, sadly.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

How is it irrelevant?

I've already told you that I attend all home games and nearly all away under normal circumstances and, if I could attend this one then I would.

Having suffered Covid once I certainly don't want to risk it or any other variant until cases disappear, something that still seems some time away, sadly.

So how long do you suggest games are continued to be streamed ? , 6 months ? 2 years ? 10 ? , Or just till you feel comfortable enough to attend again ? 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

So how long do you suggest games are continued to be streamed ? , 6 months ? 2 years ? 10 ? , Or just till you feel comfortable enough to attend again ? 

We seem to be at cross purposes here.

I'm neither arguing for or against the OurLeague streaming, but seeing as it's here, I'd like all clubs to allow it for as long as they decide to do it. If they stop it tomorrow I wouldn't be devastated.

I've not decided to stay at home because I can watch it (hopefully) via a live stream, I'm staying at home to try and help keep myself and everyone else safe.

As I've already stated, under normal circumstances, I would certainly be attending, as Harry Stottle would no doubt confirm.

I would feel confident in saying that, pre Covid, I reckon I travelled to see more away games each season than the vast majority of forum members on here. And when you think that, aside from the Hull derby, it's at least 40 odd miles and is usually around twice that on average, that's a lot of distance to cover.

And a long journey home when you're usually fed up.

12 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

We seem to be at cross purposes here.

I'm neither arguing for or against the OurLeague streaming, but seeing as it's here, I'd like all clubs to allow it for as long as they decide to do it. If they stop it tomorrow I wouldn't be devastated.

I've not decided to stay at home because I can watch it (hopefully) via a live stream, I'm staying at home to try and help keep myself and everyone else safe.

As I've already stated, under normal circumstances, I would certainly be attending, as Harry Stottle would no doubt confirm.

I would feel confident in saying that, pre Covid, I reckon I travelled to see more away games each season than the vast majority of forum members on here. And when you think that, aside from the Hull derby, it's at least 40 odd miles and is usually around twice that on average, that's a lot of distance to cover.

And a long journey home when you're usually fed up.

" As it's here , I'd like all clubs to allow it for as long as they decide to do it " , so if Leigh decide to stop it now , that's fine , sorted 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

" As it's here , I'd like all clubs to allow it for as long as they decide to do it " , so if Leigh decide to stop it now , that's fine , sorted 

Wrong context pal, the word "they" wasn't referring to the clubs.

I'll rephrase it for you :

As it's here I'd like all clubs to allow it for as long as the Our League app exists. 

12 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Wrong context pal, the word "they" wasn't referring to the clubs.

I'll rephrase it for you :

As it's here I'd like all clubs to allow it for as long as the Our League app exists. 

" Clubs to allow it " , if a club ( Leigh ) say no , then it's no , no problem 

27 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

" Clubs to allow it " , if a club ( Leigh ) say no , then it's no , no problem 

You seem to have missed the "all" word to suit your "argument"

Anyway, I can't be bothered to go any further with this, you choose certain quotes from me with words missing which misrepresent what I actually said.

Finally then, can you honestly say that you've not seen any of Leigh's away games via the OurLeague app?

Archived