Sat 19 Jun: SL: Leigh Centurions v Hull FC KO 15:00

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/21 at 14:30

1 minute ago, phiggins said:

It looked like a performance of a broken team, with powder puff tackling, and confused team selection. Russell in the pack was baffling, given Hellewell and Mullen were in the 3/4 line. 
Another two players doing a disappearing act as well, with both of last weeks wingers out.

It's always difficult tackling a few stones above you in weight , we needed a good start and hot conditions , we knocked on from the kick off and the clouds came out , it will get harder as the season goes on , we've provided the opposition coaches with their team talk " are you going to be the only team to lose to Leigh ? " , So I don't really expect much to change even when/if we get anything like a ' working ' squad 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing other than I expected today, Hull to big, to powerful and to fast, and they have added a great offload game to their armoury, it was 9bviously part of the gameplan always someone behind the ball carrier and it worked to perfection, actually it was a joy to watch that open rugby from Hull, all they need to do now is to take that into other games against much better teams, if they gave the confidence to play that way they will not lose many.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nothing other than I expected today, Hull to big, to powerful and to fast, and they have added a great offload game to their armoury, it was 9bviously part of the gameplan always someone behind the ball carrier and it worked to perfection, actually it was a joy to watch that open rugby from Hull, all they need to do now is to take that into other games against much better teams, if they gave the confidence to play that way they will not lose many.

That's the thing with having a much bigger forward line up , you've got players trying to stop them breaking the line , which leaves them open to offload , we had numpties near us complaining we weren't tackling them round the legs , when it was taking 2/3 just to stop any forward movement , still good game , good to see live RL , don't thing we'll get the chance at Wire , not enough room for away fans I've been led to believe 

40 minutes ago, phiggins said:

It looked like a performance of a broken team, with powder puff tackling, and confused team selection. Russell in the pack was baffling, given Hellewell and Mullen were in the 3/4 line. 
Another two players doing a disappearing act as well, with both of last weeks wingers out.

It really did look like men against boys. In do feel for the Leigh fans as they've been given a poor hand this year.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

This is no good for anyone. Cleay a good result for Hull but for Leigh, or anyone else replacing them if they go down, what the point? Why bother trying to get into Superleague if all that happens is immediate relegation after busting a gut to try to bridge the undoubted gulf between Championship and Superleague. Look what it did to Toronto. Look what it's doing to Leigh. Warning here for Toulouse? 

37 minutes ago, JohnM said:

This is no good for anyone. Cleay a good result for Hull but for Leigh, or anyone else replacing them if they go down, what the point? Why bother trying to get into Superleague if all that happens is immediate relegation after busting a gut to try to bridge the undoubted gulf between Championship and Superleague. Look what it did to Toronto. Look what it's doing to Leigh. Warning here for Toulouse? 

Super League wants a closed shop when they get the right club in which obviously isn't Leigh after the Dog's Dinner of a deal they gave them. Who is the right club to their way of thinking I have no idea, if Leigh aren't acceptable I can't see any of those currently jostling for position in the Championship  being the chosen one and remember some of those pulled out when they learned the terms they would have to accept, which won't have gone down well. They might just keep Leigh in and offer them a slight increase in funding.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Salford and Wakefield are pretty rubbish this season. Leigh are just worse. The bar is not that high.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

RL can be a very cruel sport , once a club gets 3/4 scores up they can start to play without fear , that is what we saw yesterday , I've seen Leigh do the same to other teams many times in the lower tier 

So we lost , the scores matters not one jot , the week before we were one dropped ball from taking the top of the league team to extra time 

Next week at Wire we might suffer similar , or we might give them a game due to the England squad , looking forward to it 

I was sure we would win yesterday but the way it happened was surprising giving the players we had missing. Yes I know Leigh are missing lots too, but I didn't expect us to dominate so easily with a number of good strike players missing.

Swift continues to really impress this season. Is he starting to play himself into contention for a world cup squad place? Satae is one of the top props in the league currently, Leigh had no answer to him, but then a lot of teams haven't either. I also thought Connor Wynne went really well in an unfamiliar position at centre. He probably has that position now for the next few weeks, long term I really hope Hodgson finds a way to get him in the team. He's so good on his feet.

As one of the Leigh fans said above, Hull soared in confidence once they were a few scores up and any team can have an off day and find themselves in that position. When the likes of Connor, Reynolds, Fonua, Sneyd, Savelio etc are full of confidence and just trying whatever they fancy then it's very hard to do much about that if those passes are sticking.

Hopefully it doesn't knock Leigh's confidence. They had been making progress in recent weeks and just need to forget about this game and go again.

18 hours ago, Clogiron said:

How could eleven people be deluded enough to believe that Leigh could win this or any other game this season for that matter. The rest of SL ensured that was never going to happen back in December. Along with WWR will this be the first time two clubs have gone the entire season without winning a game?

Going over old ground but Leigh applied to be elevated fully knowing the conditions so this was their own decision; nobody forced them.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Going over old ground but Leigh applied to be elevated fully knowing the conditions so this was their own decision; nobody forced them.

I don't dispute that, the puzzling thing is why, they must have thought they could ride out a season of turmoil and be in the driving seat to remain in SL as we all know any assurances of promotion for someone this season given by SL don't mean a thing.

7 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I don't dispute that, the puzzling thing is why, they must have thought they could ride out a season of turmoil and be in the driving seat to remain in SL as we all know any assurances of promotion for someone this season given by SL don't mean a thing.

I can offer no answer on that either other than, possibly, feeding someone's ego.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I can offer no answer on that either other than, possibly, feeding someone's ego.

My thought too, but some people are incredibly sensitive to perceived criticism.

It doesn't matter whether it is stupid golden point, one point defeat or another stuffing in one of the stupid loop games, it's is just 2 points lost albeit by a smashing. A message for Heggerty is to keep his mouth shut and no spouting out who Leighs next victims are!  It bit you on the backside buddy and good coaches don't do what you did! 

Move on and enjoy it. We lost by 42. Wigan got tonked by 48.RL is a momentum sport. Heads up and crack on! 

21 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I don't know that Cloggy, please explain why or how you and 'everyone else' are aware of that. 

Derek Beaumont with some strong words to say about the Leigh boo boys in the crowd :

"I have not been on social media since I stated I was removing myself from it for good reasons. I have come on this morning to post for Father’s Day and wished I hadn’t as I have ended up seeing some absolute filth from so called fans of our club. I shall not be in here to read the responses to this but I am going to defend my players coach and staff. To suggest they do not care and have no effort is an absolute disgrace. The people who boo please do not come if you have a season ticket and want a refund let me know by contacting the ticket office with your details and I will personally come and swap it with you for cash. You are not a supporter of our club. People need support when they are at their lowest ebb not when they are succeeding. To those who say we should buy players please tell me which supermarket I may go and buy them from and I will pop in and pick them up. You don’t see the hard work and individual detail put in by everyone. Hull FC were simply outstanding today it’s the best ever performance I have seen by a team. Despite that we scored 22 points and tried the best we could with the disruptions we had in the last 24 hours. I would like to personally and publicly thank everyone of my players and staff for representing our club and not giving in. I will support you and lead you until the very end. We will succeed because we stick together and keep being the best version of what we can be as that is ultimately all we can do. I know that will be enough and the real supporters of our club will do the same and those that aren’t we care not for. Thanks to those that stayed today and clapped the boys off. Ultimately it is you we represent and care for and your support is invaluable. If we are 17 fit men with only a few fans then that’s what we are but we are still leigh! Happy Father’s Day everyone."

Fair play to him.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don't know that Cloggy, please explain why or how you and 'everyone else' are aware of that. 

The history of decision making and moving of goalposts in SL and the RFL doesn't inspire you to believe anything they say from one day to the next, how many fixture formula's, rule changes, criteria etc have we seen over the previous years, Toronto in, not in, in with conditions, Catalans Challenge Cup winners then asked to pay to enter, most recently Academy's out then in again and on and on and on. If you believe that something that was said last year will happen this year you are a trusting soul who's wasted on this forum, a opportunity at Conservative Central office beckons.

Archived