Sat 19 Jun: SL: Leigh Centurions v Hull FC KO 15:00

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/21 at 14:30

Reynolds replies for Leigh.

Leigh 10 Hull 40.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could eleven people be deluded enough to believe that Leigh could win this or any other game this season for that matter. The rest of SL ensured that was never going to happen back in December. Along with WWR will this be the first time two clubs have gone the entire season without winning a game?

Connor helped off after a swinging arm from Leigh, Hull then score a superb try full of off loads, Jack Brown the latest scorer.

Leigh 10 Hull 46.

Savelio in during the set ftom the kick off.

Sneyd gets his 6th in a row.

Leigh 10 Hull 52.

Leigh in again

Leigh 16 Hull 52.

Chris Satae over.

Leigh 16 Hull 58.

Connor back on and gives a superb pass for Savelio hat trick.

Sneyd 8th in a row.

Leigh 16 Hull 64.

Crowd 2,338.

Ryan Brierley gets his 2nd of the game and 150th career try for Leigh.

Leigh 22 Hull 64.

Leigh 22 Hull 64.

Game over.

Some shocking defensive efforts from Hull at times, which worries me. After a great start to the season, we've began to switch off defensively (that Johnstone error was unforgivably poor and cost us a try ultimately).

Happy to get the win, and at times we were ruthless, but think we need to be able to sustain that intensity for the full game if we're going to win anything.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

13 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Some shocking defensive efforts from Hull at times, which worries me. After a great start to the season, we've began to switch off defensively (that Johnstone error was unforgivably poor and cost us a try ultimately).

Happy to get the win, and at times we were ruthless, but think we need to be able to sustain that intensity for the full game if we're going to win anything.

Tbf when you are scoring so easily as that it's easy to switch off in defence. Can't get worried about that.

15 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Tbf it must be hard to put in the extra effort in defence when there is such a chasm in quality that they are literally never going to come close to beating you.

I know top teams often go with the "Nilling them was better than us scoring 60" mantra, so perhaps I can understand from that perspective.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

How could eleven people be deluded enough to believe that Leigh could win this or any other game this season for that matter. The rest of SL ensured that was never going to happen back in December. Along with WWR will this be the first time two clubs have gone the entire season without winning a game?

We won’t even win a game on the handicap based on today’s showing 

So I was right again , hardly surprising when you bring on Matty Russell at prop , finish the game with 3 hookers , having Matty Wildie trying to stop a full pelt Satai 

I though Hull could only just put together a team ? , Seriously ? 

Oh , and that Reynolds for Hull is a shithouse 

17 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Tbf it must be hard to put in the extra effort in defence when there is such a chasm in quality that they are literally never going to come close to beating you.

I know top teams often go with the "Nilling them was better than us scoring 60" mantra, so perhaps I can understand from that perspective.

They scored 4 tries. There's switching off in defence and then there's just being careless. Johnstone daydreaming at the play the ball to the extent that the Leigh defender pretty much just walked and picked the ball up was awful stuff. 

A bit more composure needed. 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So I was right again , hardly surprising when you bring on Matty Russell at prop , finish the game with 3 hookers , having Matty Wildie trying to stop a full pelt Satai 

Going down, going down, going down. Going down, going down, going dowww-n. Going down, going down, going down. Going dowww-n. Going down.

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

They scored 4 tries. There's switching off in defence and then there's just being careless. Johnstone daydreaming at the play the ball to the extent that the Leigh defender pretty much just walked and picked the ball up was awful stuff. 

A bit more composure needed. 

I do get that completely, but you scored 12 tries too. I'd take it as a game where you learned not much at all really.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Going down, going down, going down. Going down, going down, going dowww-n. Going down, going down, going down. Going dowww-n. Going down.

Qué Sara Sara , whatever will be wil be , were going to Baterleee , qué Sara Sara 

You're not so special , we lose every week 

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Who are you ' going down ' on ? , Girlfriend or boyfriend ? 

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It looked like a performance of a broken team, with powder puff tackling, and confused team selection. Russell in the pack was baffling, given Hellewell and Mullen were in the 3/4 line. 
Another two players doing a disappearing act as well, with both of last weeks wingers out.

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Qué Sara Sara , whatever will be wil be , were going to Baterleee , qué Sara Sara 

You're not so special , we lose every week 

Derek’s going to Dewsbury, His knees have gone all trembley, C’mon Leythers, C’mon Leythers.

Archived