Fri 18 Jun: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/06/21 at 19:15

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

74 views and not one comment?

I reckon this might be a belter, Rervers' free flowing brand of RL might just upset the normally resilient Wiggun defence.

Having benefitted from a somewhat fortuitous refereeing decision last week, I wonder if the reverse may happen to Rervers on Friday evening.

I'll hopefully be watching and, as usual, will give my entirely unbiased view of things.

Pies 20 Rervers 16.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 hours ago, my missus said:

wigan have isa gildart and marshall back for this so should just about scrape it.

Hull KR must have made some progress to go from relegation fodder to a team that worries the Pies' faithful in the build up to a home game with them.

9 hours ago, my missus said:

wigan have isa gildart and marshall back for this so should just about scrape it.

They may scrape it or not, but if Gildart and Marshall play then at least the team will be balanced for the first time this season.  Hopefully both will keep fit and sharp.

A sharp Gildart will be  boon for England.  But will Williams play before the world cup?

3 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

They may scrape it or not, but if Gildart and Marshall play then at least the team will be balanced for the first time this season.  Hopefully both will keep fit and sharp.

A sharp Gildart will be  boon for England.  But will Williams play before the world cup?

I struggle to see how any Superleague club can fit him in the cap midseason.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yes, but would Williams play for less just to get fit and available for WC?  Even on a 6 months contract?

And I may be wrong (!!) but does not his first £150k not count for the cap?

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Don't set me off Dav, I firmly believe their is some 'creative accountancy' going on at some clubs and has been going on for years, how high profile players and who I imagine would be top earners can be amassed at some clubs and the total wage bill is managed and kept under a very frugal cap limit amazes me.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't set me off Dav, I firmly believe their is some 'creative accountancy' going on at some clubs and has been going on for years, how high profile players and who I imagine would be top earners can be amassed at some clubs and the total wage bill is managed and kept under a very frugal cap limit amazes me.

Cue certain solicitors calling in on you...

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Yes, but would Williams play for less just to get fit and available for WC?  Even on a 6 months contract?

Yes it would but who would they be swopping him for and immediately?

I know that Widdop payment reaches 5 figures a week basic, no bonuses in that.

3 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

No the opposite if he’s classed as a marquee player the first £150k counts on the cap and anything after that doesn’t. Plus they may only count part of the £150k as he is joining mid season. 

and with williams don't forget the first 75 grand doesn't count as he is a home grown player should wigan wish to sign him.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Hull KR have announced that a player has tested positive and four others are now having to self isolate. Only one has played first grade from what I can fathom.

The game against Wigan will still go ahead.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-rowan-milnes-coronavirus-5536500

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Hull KR have announced that a player has tested positive and four others are now having to self isolate. Only one has played first grade from what I can fathom.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-rowan-milnes-coronavirus-5536500

Cue more pointless vitriol from the usual suspect about poorly run teams, blah, blah, blah.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

So most 1st team squad is ok?  I'm thinking that the cup finalists must be a bit worried at the minute. 

22 hours ago, my missus said:

and with williams don't forget the first 75 grand doesn't count as he is a home grown player should wigan wish to sign him.

Joining Wire next week with Widdop off to the NRL.

I hope Marshall is fit and well now, and suffers no more bad injuries. It would be such a shame if he had the same troubles as his dad. He was really showing his worth before his collapse. Goodness knows who will play at 1, though. With French probably gone for the year, we will really miss Hardaker. 

Archived