Fri 18 Jun: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/06/21 at 19:15

The entertainers are at it again.

Last time we won 3 in a row, someone was throwing spears at Michael Caine!

Hull KR and good defence seldom enter the same sentence so that is very refreshing. 

Seeing as though St Helens have cancelled their u19s game and are laying the ground work to avoid playing us next week in a tactical Leeds-esque attempt to postpone the game, it sets us up for the derby very nicely.

No elite licence, no worries. Up the Robins, pal 🔴⚪

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very good win by HKR. I do have to say that Rovers dropped so much ball in the first half any good team would have had the game won by half time. Wigan, though, are not a good team. Anything but!

It would have been a risk having Hanley at fb. With Hastings there he had him, Smith & Leuluai all on the field for 80 mins. As has been said Lam decision not to have a quality goal kicker kept the game out of reach once Rovers scored.

With 60 mins gone we thought Wigan were going to get nilled for the second game in succession.

Rovers are not a top side but were far better than Wigan on the night and the score doesn't flatter them. Hall worked incredibly hard taking the ball up almost every set. A hardworking squad with all players giving everything won the game for Rovers and well done to them.

As for Wigan, I don't see this improving until Lam departs. We only have two experienced props available so they should be doing as many minutes as possible. Instead the both started and were subbed on 20 mins or so. Bullock never returned and Singleton came back on with 6 mins to go and the game gone! Not too much going for Wigan until Lam is history. 

20 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Is Pierce-Paul the lad from London? What position does he play?

Yes he is. He's a second row and has a brother who plays for Skolars.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Archived