Riley Dean

Acasterknight

I know heโ€™s banned for this Sunday anyway. Where does that leave us? Bass or young Myles Harrison at fullback, Marsh + AN other (Washbrook??!!) halfback.

Been recalled by Warrington, doesn't seem like we're that keen to have him back either the sounds of Fordy in his interview, about 4 minutes in here:ย https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09lrcxf

ย 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |ย Leaflets |ย Cards |ย Banners & Flagsย |ย Letterheads |ย Tickets |ย Magazines |ย Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCย & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

If he does not return, and I don't think that Warrington will let him, once they learn how he has been treated, are we just going to go from one two week loan player to the next one. Because the team will never click until we have settled half backs.

I am not at liberty at the moment to go into the the way he was treated, but to say he didn't set the place alight, really he is a nineteen year old kid not an NRL halfback. Forced into playing a game that is not his natural way of playing.

I hear what your saying but he is supposed to be a super league stand off and regarding age I disagree look at Sam Walker and Reece Walsh both 19 year olds both thrown in for Sydney roosters and New Zealand warriors both smashing it up and only playing because of injuries to other players. I know the NRL is a different kettle of fish but good players always shine no matter what age.
ย 

But if there is things happening behind the scenes maybe thatโ€™s the reason heโ€™s not performing and of course I can only say from what I have seen.

18 minutes ago, Acasterknight said:

I am not at liberty at the moment to go into the the way he was treated, but to say he didn't set the place alight, really he is a nineteen year old kid not an NRL halfback. Forced into playing a game that is not his natural way of playing.

I'm sure Fordy hasn't been making him a scapegoat and not treating him differently from the other players in the squad,but i think most supporters aren't happy how we are playing at the moment but having listened to him on the radio York seemed to have a clear the air meeting and maybe playing a different way against Batley

I know him Roger and his treatment has been abysmal. Credit to Riley that he has never whinged to Warrington. Ford has made him a scapegoat for his ย garbage tactics. That Mark Aston interview says it all. We are a predicable team playing one dimensional rugby. If any fingers ย should be pointed we should start withย many of our ex Super League โ€œstarsโ€ who have delivered sweet FA against the better Championship sides. Walker and Walsh are exceptional players, but if they were playing behind a beaten pack andย ย under strict instructions to kick it to the corners on the 5th and never run I donโ€™t think theyโ€™d look too great either.ย 

Obviously there is a clash of personalityโ€™s between dean and Ford then I think the interview told us that. I wish no harm to Riley and do hope that he fulfils his potential and will be pleased if he does. I was just pointing out my opinion but if I donโ€™t have access to what goes on behind the scenes.

I agree though there are some ex super league players who have been less than impressive and as I have said before I would rather see players giving 110% than a team of so called stars who donโ€™t give there all.

The season is still early and the way the season has gone we can still make the playoffs after the first game Bradford had no chance apparently, 3 games in a Halifax fan was saying there season was over and the same with London. We just need some stability.

Fair enough Roger. I think we are all disappointed with the way the Championship gamesย are going. After the year weโ€™ve all endured I wasย hopeful that a new team in a new stadium would have us cheering. So far that hasnโ€™t been the case.ย ย Iโ€™m hoping that we do start to spark and do ourselves justice at Wembley.ย 

As someone predicted, Riley Dean returns and Ellis heads back to Leigh. I hope we let him play what he sees and donโ€™t have him running it up like a prop. Iโ€™d put him in the halves with Marsh.ย 

23 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

As someone predicted, Riley Dean returns and Ellis heads back to Leigh. I hope we let him play what he sees and donโ€™t have him running it up like a prop. Iโ€™d put him in the halves with Marsh.ย 

I'm sure Fordy will happily have him playing what he sees as long as he actually looks and doesn't just chuck it into touch or kick to a wingerย that isn't there on the 3rd tackle.

Him and Marsh at half back, leave them there until O'Hagan is fit, then put Marsh back to full back. Get some continuity at half back.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |ย Leaflets |ย Cards |ย Banners & Flagsย |ย Letterheads |ย Tickets |ย Magazines |ย Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCย & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

53 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

If he was treated so badly as some have hinted why is he returning ?.

If the rumours are true if I was in Riley's shoes I would refuse to come back here.

Even with Wembley as a carrotย 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Even with Wembley as a carrotย 

Yes. And fans should remember that in the semi it was two young half-backs who played pretty well and helped us get to Wembley. Having said that, I'd like to have seen what Ellis and Riley could do together.

Archived