Matchday programme

Maureen T-k

From the Rovers page.

📖  | Match Programmes

We're delighted to be re-introducing match programmes.  Having listened to fan feedback over the last two months, we know that match programmes are a much loved and missed part of your gameday. 

They will be digital only and FREE of charge for an initial period. 

Our thanks to MatchDayInfo for helping us deliver this to you, the fans.

The first will be launched for the upcoming fixture vs Newcastle Thunder.

Im Fev and im proud

I used to do a regular feature in "The Capper" which was the last full size printed version before it went to a one sheet foldable version. They weren't making money on them but on the other hand I don't think they were losing a great deal either. When Ryan Sparks came in he didn't like the idea of volunteers producing the programme and thought it would be more professional if the club produced it. The trouble was neither he or Joe Crabtree who followed him never really had the time so in the end they stopped doing it.

Personally I thought that the programme that Chris Heinitz used to edit was very good, and if we still had plenty of willing volunteers we should give it another go. I also found that the printers the club used weren't cheap as I got a quote from them for a book I wrote on the history of Sharlston. You can get much better and cheaper nowadays.

I am willing to write regular articles if required. Another good idea would be to use some of the features on Rovers that Ron Bailey used to write for Rugby League Journal, I don;t think that he or Harry Edgar would object? 

My Dad and I loved to read the programme at home after the match. Whether it was 70s 80s 90s or 2000s it was always a good read. 

It was also a major disappointment if there was no seller in the usual spot. Then it involved a desperate sprint round the ground to try to find another.

Sad to see it go.

I stood and sold the programmes alongside my daughter for a good few years in the late 80’s, 90’s and into early 2000’s for me, she quit in the 90’s. It was a good read back then, still got loads in my collection even though I’ve got rid of a lot. 

Im Fev and im proud

8 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

I stood and sold the programmes alongside my daughter for a good few years in the late 80’s, 90’s and into early 2000’s for me, she quit in the 90’s. It was a good read back then, still got loads in my collection even though I’ve got rid of a lot. 

ME too Maureen from 67 for five years outside club shop/office  next to dranies in station lane under the supervision of vernon guy and blond annie

I used to start at 12 o'clock  and at  5 to 3 I could go to  game with my free ticket  never saw a kick off 😀The interesting thing about it was because selling in station lane a lot of people who weren't going to the game bought programmes I can still remember Mrs Price who bought one for her son who was in NAVY  with the added bonus of some sweets for me  HAPPY DAYS 

As well as writing in the programme I also sold them. Would it be a good idea to give them out with Golden Gamble? If you bought  Golden Gamble tickets up to £2 you got a free programme. Just a marketing thought.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Dose anyone know how you get to see this programme? Thank you in advance. 

If you look on the official rovers Facebook page or the website it should be there.

Im Fev and im proud

Archived