The Tank

phildog

Sad to report that the Batley RLFC Ex-Players' Association is a member down as Trevor Walker has passed away. Remembering his holding the world record for tries by a prop whilst at The Mount. Condolences from The Mount and I would expect from The Tetley's Stadium and Dewsbury Celtic.

27 minutes ago, phildog said:

Sad to report that the Batley RLFC Ex-Players' Association is a member down as Trevor Walker has passed away. Remembering his holding the world record for tries by a prop whilst at The Mount. Condolences from The Mount and I would expect from The Tetley's Stadium and Dewsbury Celtic.

That's sad news, I remember Trevor being a proper barn storming player, R.I.P.

Deadly over 10/15yds no stopping him.

I remember him picking me up at the Gate pub one friday night in his taxi, I was too intoxicated to walk far, like uphill to the bus stop.

Very sad news for all RL fans in the HW district. A great player, character and man.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

RIP Trevor and condolences to all his family. As a child I remember when my Dad told me that Batley had signed Walker from Dewsbury I was gutted, However he was absolutely brilliant for Batley.

One memory I have is when the mighty Warrington came up to the Mount in the top 16 "Play Offs"on a Saturday afternoon with their superstar aussie Bobby Fulton (who was born in Warrington). Tank did the business and I am sure we won the game?

Thanks for the memories Trevor

Thank you for all the kind comments it heals my sad heart for I am missing my dad so,so much! I take some comfort in the fact that I have told his story in the book I have just finished I am now more determined then ever to get it published in honour of the Tank and both my parents who gave us everything. Love to each and everyone of you❤️ in our darkest times we are never alone🙏

1 hour ago, PenelopeT said:

Thank you for all the kind comments it heals my sad heart for I am missing my dad so,so much! I take some comfort in the fact that I have told his story in the book I have just finished I am now more determined then ever to get it published in honour of the Tank and both my parents who gave us everything. Love to each and everyone of you❤️ in our darkest times we are never alone🙏

Sorry for your loss and I'm glad you can find some comfort in your dad's legacy x 

Archived