Well said Brett Hodgson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Brett Hodgson is spot on. There should be no Super League or Championship games on that weekend with as many Internationals taking place as possible. I’d like 

England v Exiles

France v England Knights

Wales v Jamaica 

Ireland v Scotland 

Or just England vs France,

How would you get the other nations playinf if some of the players are 0laying for the stupid made up team...

Also France would smash the knights

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

How would you get the other nations playinf if some of the players are 0laying for the stupid made up team...

53 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Would they? I’m not so sure. 

49 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't think they would either.

France v England Knights would be a great competitive fixture that could go either way, why has it never happened?

7 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

France v England Knights would be a great competitive fixture that could go either way, why has it never happened?

Why would France lower themselves to play England B

Stupid suggestion unless a touring team for an exhibition game against squad players

Yep, the international weekend should be a free weekend for all pro and maybe even amateur clubs. This should be the pinnacle of our sport watching the national team play. It certainly will be the pinnacle for the players selected to represent their country.

Club driven no doubt - cram the games in and scrape every last penny out of the paying punter. Player welfare? Give over cash is king...

Didn’t the club chairmen vote for Super League games on the same weekend as the exhibition game anyway? 

A blank domestic weekend with International fixtures for England, France, Ireland, Jamaica, Scotland and Wales would be a massive step forward for the sport and international rugby league in the northern hemisphere.

12 hours ago, yipyee said:

When did France last smash anybody?

13 hours ago, yipyee said:

13 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Would they? I’m not so sure. 

13 hours ago, Damien said:

I don't think they would either.

12 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

12 hours ago, yipyee said:

Why would France lower themselves to play England B

Stupid suggestion unless a touring team for an exhibition game against squad players

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Thanks for that, I thought I'd imagined it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

So you think a video of the game being played is actually proof the game was played.  How gullible do you think we are.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Thanks, I forgot all about that!

Yes it certainly proves the point. I can certainly understand why France wouldn't want to lower themselves to play the Knights. It is a hard sell and their prerogative if they think it devalues the jersey, which I agree with. I think these type of games only really work in tours which obviously wont happen.

It is plainly absurd to say that France would smash the Knights.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Dec 2 1805

Battle of Austerlitz,battered the Russians & Austrians with a wee scrum half calling the shots.

Yes, the Russians and Austrians got stuck in the mud on a short pitch and fighting up the slope. (well not that far off the truth)

Not too different from Waterloo for the French and where their replacements never turned up.

5 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Yes, the Russians and Austrians got stuck in the mud on a short pitch and fighting up the slope. (well not that far off the truth)

Austria’s version of Mount Pleasant 

Ideally, internationals should be on a stand alone weekend. If not possible (and I get why not this year), then there is no excuse for Super League matches being on at the exact same day, Why the other matches couldn't be Saturday I do not know.

Archived