Well said Brett Hodgson

18 hours ago, yipyee said:

Why would France lower themselves to play England B

Because England B is about their level at the moment. They continue to get smashed by the full England team so playing England B might actually give them a chance of a victory.

As for the clash with SL games - it is poor planning but NRL teams lose players to Origin every year and thats 3 games not 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Isn’t the international game overseen by the RFL?  Or has that duty handed over now as well?

The RFL made it well known they were scheduling England fixture this weekend and what it was.

It was SLE/the SL clubs who chose to not only put fixtures on the same weekend but at the same time.

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

When I saw the link I assumed it meant the England football team, ie the two SL fixtures tomorrow that clash with England v Scotland and will I expect reduce their crowds and online viewing. 

I know quite a few fans of both sports who are going to prioritising the football, I suppose you can't please everyone?

34 minutes ago, M j M said:

The RFL made it well known they were scheduling England fixture this weekend and what it was.

It was SLE/the SL clubs who chose to not only put fixtures on the same weekend but at the same time.

I find it quite an aggressive move by SL in a World Cup year and at a time when we really should be working together on everything. 

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I find it quite an aggressive move by SL in a World Cup year and at a time when we really should be working together on everything. 

Indeed.  Sometimes we really do work hard to make sure we’re on the back foot.

29 minutes ago, Dave T said:

They’re obliged to play the full season in a restricted amount of time though sadly, if they didn’t play that weekend it would mean another midweek fixture. 

31 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It really wasn’t though. Super League backloaded their season with the midweek games at this stage of the year onwards in an attempt to allow fans into their games. The RFL had their game in this period too. It’s not ideal and there probably wasn’t too many ways around it that allowed Super League clubs to have a decent proportion of games possibly available to attendees and The RFL to get an England game with fans too. 

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

They’re obliged to play the full season in a restricted amount of time though sadly, if they didn’t play that weekend it would mean another midweek fixture. 

They chose to delay the start of their season by a couple of weeks.

59 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Don't play at exactly the same time. 

56 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It really wasn’t though. Super League backloaded their season with the midweek games at this stage of the year onwards in an attempt to allow fans into their games. The RFL had their game in this period too. It’s not ideal and there probably wasn’t too many ways around it that allowed Super League clubs to have a decent proportion of games possibly available to attendees and The RFL to get an England game with fans too. 

Just play Saturday. 

Ian Watson's also come out and had his say as he's been told apart from the 2 in the England squad we will have 4 picked for the other team too meaning that we still have to play Hull on Friday night but without those 6, as well those recovering from Covid and those injured meaning we are having to play players who have been stood down due to track and trace and not trained etc while Hull only have 2, it seems the top clubs are picking and choosing which players of theirs can be involved but the ones further down don't have that option.

It's ludicrous to think we have to find 17 men/boys, most of them who are not physically or match fit, some of them recovering from Covid to play a game on the same night as an international game that will involve 6 of our players !!

What happened to player welfare?

13 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

On another note any idea what the capacity is for next Friday and how many tickets have been sold.

I assume its the 4k that Wire have, and tickets are still for sale. You'd have hoped people would be crying out to attend matches. 

18 hours ago, daz39 said:

Ian Watson's also come out and had his say as he's been told apart from the 2 in the England squad we will have 4 picked for the other team too meaning that we still have to play Hull on Friday night but without those 6, as well those recovering from Covid and those injured meaning we are having to play players who have been stood down due to track and trace and not trained etc while Hull only have 2, it seems the top clubs are picking and choosing which players of theirs can be involved but the ones further down don't have that option.

It's ludicrous to think we have to find 17 men/boys, most of them who are not physically or match fit, some of them recovering from Covid to play a game on the same night as an international game that will involve 6 of our players !!

What happened to player welfare?

Hull will have up to six players in the exhibition squad, as is the rules for all clubs. 

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I assume its the 4k that Wire have, and tickets are still for sale. You'd have hoped people would be crying out to attend matches. 

People are. Their own club games. Given the option of watching your club for what could be anywhere between 1st-5th time in the past fifteen months or watching an exhibition game between England and some players cobbled together, we both know what people will be choosing. 

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

People are. Their own club games. Given the option of watching your club for what could be anywhere between 1st-5th time in the past fifteen months or watching an exhibition game between England and some players cobbled together, we both know what people will be choosing. 

Plenty of people can't get a ticket for their own club games. Surely we can muster 4k for England. 

Archived