NRL Match Thread - Round 15 - 2021

Garner gets another for Wests.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes gets his second for the 12-man Storm.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Noffer nabs his usual 4-pointer.

66:16

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The Noffer nabs his usual 4-pointer.

66:16

And that's how it ends.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

44 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Half right at least. I started on the League, turned over at half time because it was a blow out and the AFL was a tight contest.

Although I am still watching this West’s Tigers car crash. Can’t take my eyes off it.

Didn`t take long for you to blow your cover. I`ll chalk this one up.

You`ve clearly never encountered such a sophisticated agent provocateur.

22 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I concede with tail between legs. 

4 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Although I am still watching this West’s Tigers car crash. Can’t take my eyes off it.

The ladies must feel the same way when they glimpse you in your AFL shorts.

"You`re just too good to be true, can`t take my eyes off of you".

If we compare the two line-ups in Storm/Tigers and how each of the 34 players were evaluated at the start of their NRL careers, there would be nothing in it.

The gap between the teams is due to coaching systems and player development. And looking at it glass-half-full, I`m calling it more Bellamy Storm brilliance than Maguire Tigers deficiency.

You might wonder what the hell Dylan Napa was doing for the Parra penalty try. To some extent he was leaving it for a teammate to deal with, but I think it`s another instance of players stopping, expecting a whistle, when they see the ball go to ground.

And they know that dropping on a loose ball might be called a knock-on, even if they`re facing their own goal-line, so they treat the ball on the ground like a hand grenade.

Anyone who has heard Channel 9`s commentary of the Roosters` first try on Friday night ought to know where this wariness comes from. The ball clearly didn`t bounce forward off Suaalii, Gus reckoned it went a metre back, yet Brad Fittler said it went forward.

This isn`t a fan in the crowd getting one look at full speed from a bad angle, or a call involving millimetres. This is a TV pundit watching a ball travel a metre backwards on several slow motion replays, genuinely seeing it as forward. Freddy might not be the smartest, but his perception of forward is common, not least among officials.

Unless the word "forward" means something different in Oz from the rest of the world, it can only mean the calling of a knock-on in Aussie RL is affected by psychotic hallucinations. What they are seeing in their mind is detached from reality.

57min: T-Turbo try? after 60m break and run by Taniela Paseka.

Bunker says No Try and no professional foul - Phillip Sami who tackled Turbo was offside.

Anyway, 2 plays later Turbo feeds Garrick for his 3rd. Converts his try.

Manly  32  - 24

60min: Tom Turbo try. 3 for him now.

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Hi everyone 

Just tuned in to see Garrick’s hat-trick try.

13 tries already so the highlights reel will be almost as long as the game.

Garrick goal.  Manly 38 - 24

Archived