Fixtures to put a toll on players

Now other clubs are feeling the pinch with player availability it becomes a time for crisis, my club has been like this all season some games just having 17 available to take the field irrespective of what position those player's are asked to play in, I have said it before but I will say it again when Leigh were relegated in '17 they utilised 37 player's in that season because of a very had injury toll but that was never mentioned albeit the Likes of Warrington, Leeds and Hull when they had players unavailable the very same season was again crisis time with the media and scribes.

Rant over, but justified.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Now other clubs are feeling the pinch with player availability it becomes a time for crisis, my club has been like this all season some games just having 17 available to take the field irrespective of what position those player's are asked to play in, I have said it before but I will say it again when Leigh were relegated in '17 they utilised 37 player's in that season because of a very had injury toll but that was never mentioned albeit the Likes of Warrington, Leeds and Hull when they had players unavailable the very same season was again crisis time with the media and scribes.

Rant over, but justified.

Its been mentioned over the last couple of years.  

This year is no different other than clubs have cut squads down to help their financial situation.  An example is that Cas are crying injuries but offloading Hepi to York, on loan, to cut the wage bill.  All Clubs still face the same wage crisis.

Sky/SL/RFL need to look at this situation quickly.  It is not just down to rule changes, 10m, head tackles etc but just plain lack of sufficient test.  The ‘player welfare’ policies are just cosmetic documents.

21 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Its been mentioned over the last couple of years.  

This year is no different other than clubs have cut squads down to help their financial situation.  An example is that Cas are crying injuries but offloading Hepi to York, on loan, to cut the wage bill.  All Clubs still face the same wage crisis.

Sky/SL/RFL need to look at this situation quickly.  It is not just down to rule changes, 10m, head tackles etc but just plain lack of sufficient test.  The ‘player welfare’ policies are just cosmetic documents.

Shrouding a financial crisis?

Archived