Real women

20 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

There's a pic getting shared widely on Facebook of a lass playing for Stanningley. 

She was brought off for a breather, breast fed her nipper before getting stuck back into Oulton.

An inspiring pic but for my lack of tech knowledge would upload.

I saw this on Mary K`s "Ladies who League" Twitter page. - The one stop shop for all Rugby League feminists.

Excellent.

When we visited England with a breastfeeding child we were shocked with the regular negative feedback from strangers when the little one was having a feed in public. Something we never experienced in Canberra (I’m not sure what it’s like in other parts of Australia).

This can only help.

27 minutes ago, Copa said:

Excellent.

When we visited England with a breastfeeding child we were shocked with the regular negative feedback from strangers when the little one was having a feed in public. Something we never experienced in Canberra (I’m not sure what it’s like in other parts of Australia).

This can only help.

Where the f in England was this!! Hopefully you visited some parochial backwater which will inevitably have their attitudes changed by old people with sad views dying out. 

1 hour ago, thebrewxi said:

Where the f in England was this!! Hopefully you visited some parochial backwater which will inevitably have their attitudes changed by old people with sad views dying out. 

Mostly down south but there was also a few hassles up north. It was always from women.

6 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

male genitals! 

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Yeah let's hope everyone with a different opinion to you dies soon eh? Lovely tolerance from the younger people yet again.

For the record, it doesn't bother me one bit if a woman breastfeeds in public - I've been in that situation with my OH - but not everyone is comfortable with it. It doesn't make them evil or worthy of dying out. 

I am a long way from being describe as younger, mate. But thanks.

I didn't mean round them up and kill them, o should have been a bit more sensational tbh. What I meant was I assumed these were old boomers moaning and that inevitably they would die of old age at some point and younger people with more progressive attitudes replacing them in the world. I fully accept I might be wrong it might have been a load of millennial women moaning.

When people moaned at your OH in the past did you say "fair enough, apologies for offending you, we'll leave" or did you think they were pricks and and told them to mind their own f ing business. That's all I was getting at really.

10 hours ago, Copa said:

Excellent.

This can only help.

Really? That’s sad to hear, when my wife was breastfeeding our kids I don’t think anyone ever said anything negative. 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Really? That’s sad to hear, when my wife was breastfeeding our kids I don’t think anyone ever said anything negative. 

Same here and our eldest is 40 now ... never ever had any comment...

9 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Same here and our eldest is 40 now ... never ever had any comment...

Why did I read this as 40 and still breastfeeding. I have a strange mind.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Nobody moaned or said anything but then she was pretty discrete. If you think these younger people are more tolerant, you're mistaken - they just have different ideas about what is acceptable or not. They will be just as intolerant in a different way.

And older people using the term 'boomer' is completely ridiculous. Don't do it, it's something 18 year olds say.

You hear "boomer" a lot in American discourse. Apparently the bracket is those born between 1946-1964.

Which means almost all of them became teenagers in the 60s or 70s. So why are they assumed to have 1940s attitudes to certain matters?

Archived