George Williams Not Going Back To Wigan

10 hours ago, TBone said:

According to the news articles when Williams was leaving…

If that is the case it is not quite the same thing as agreement to return. However, a ‘first refusal’ would mean that Williams would (legally and ethically) be wrong to enter into discussions with another party before Wigan exercised their right of refusal. Reading between the lines it sounds like Wigan may well have been unable to meet the the package that Williams 9having been in discussions with another club) is expecting (which may not all be financial. e.g. like starting pretty much immediately). Either way it seems that Williams was relieved not to have been sued for breaking the right of refusal by engaging with a third party before  Wigan. (Anyone remember Leeds Rhinos v Iestyn Harris?)

I think it depends on how the first refusal clause was drafted.  If there was nothing expressly prohibiting contact with other clubs, I don’t think you can imply it.  He could have the conversation but not formalise anything and then still give Wigan the right to refuse. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Barry Badrinath said:

It's amazing , both Williams and bentley haven't re-signed with wigan and saints, and both sets of fans know, absolutely,  that it's because they've been offered ridiculous money.

No chance that they just don't want to be at their clubs at all.

Amazing 

Everything always comes down to money. People will say it doesnt but everyone always has a price..

9 hours ago, Tonka said:

I think it depends on how the first refusal clause was drafted.  If there was nothing expressly prohibiting contact with other clubs, I don’t think you can imply it.  He could have the conversation but not formalise anything and then still give Wigan the right to refuse. 

However it was drawn up Williams must have the right to turn it down in there. Otherwise Wigan could just offer him £100 a week and demand he honours it. 

41 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

who says he is staying in league?

Strange quote, everyone says he's staying in league. He always was coming to Warrington at the end of the season, his early release has caused a few issues. 

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Strange quote, everyone says he's staying in league. He always was coming to Warrington at the end of the season, his early release has caused a few issues. 

He may well go to Wire, he has been selected in Wanes squad.   But it's interesting that Wire have not yet moved.  They must have to play around with their squad.  Presumably in the meantime I hope he gets insurance!

But as it stands, he could be be signed up by say Leicester.

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

He may well go to Wire, he has been selected in Wanes squad.   But it's interesting that Wire have not yet moved.  They must have to play around with their squad.  Presumably in the meantime I hope he gets insurance!

But as it stands, he could be be signed up by say Leicester.

Is he any good at football, Warrington only say things when it suits them and not before, but if I were a betting man it would be so odds  on you wouldn't be able to place a bet on. But in the view of being balanced what odds do you think it is on happening (I'll take Warrington you can have any Leicester team.) 

44 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Not sure about that. That would be a homesick episode waiting to happen.

Leicester is not Wagga Wagga.  His mother in law knows where Leicester is on her sat nav.

But ok, Sale...

4 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Leicester is not Wagga Wagga.  His mother in law knows where Leicester is on her sat nav.

But ok, Sale...

his strongest point is prob his kicking game - suiting ru- just saying 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 minutes ago, yipyee said:

The statement from Wigan quoted another super league side so unless hes going to play netball?

am just assuming hes a free agent at the min and you know what agents are like

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 hours ago, yipyee said:

The statement from Wigan quoted another super league side so unless hes going to play netball?

Women’s super league RL also?

With that nose, I can’t help thinking George Williams in drag is basically Barbara Streisand? If he can sing, what a tribute act he’d make.

22 hours ago, JohnM said:

Just because you are a Leeds fan you don't have to be silly. Anyone can post an opinion, but in doing so, be prepared to have the basis of that opinion examined. That's was a forum like this one is for.

Don't do drugs, kids. 

22 hours ago, yipyee said:

Could go to the Rhinos and double up.

share the wage out across both salary caps (assuming netball has one)

On 19/06/2021 at 23:51, Nate90 said:

Whether it's back from NRL or Union , Wigan players more often than not come back worse when it's a second spell at the club

I think that's a general rule all round. It's rare in any sport for a returning player to enjoy the same success as first time round, and that's probably just the nature of it.

I couldn't imagine going back to work for a company I'd previously left, it woyuld be horrible. George is doing the right thing here, for himself, WIgan and whoever he signs for next.

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Starting to think Williams is not going to any club, let alone Wigan.

What, because he hasn't been announced for anyone in the 2.5 weeks since he agreed to leave Canberra? Internet generation really does have no attention span. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived