4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

To win the GF

I am no being man but that must be long odds. I'd say nearer 20-1

Thoughts?

Don't want to be too unkind but you're aware of their last Cup final appearance aren't you?

It's okay getting to the GF but winning it takes a special kind of mentality and if you're not prepared you've almost certainly lost before the kick off. The three teams that have made just one GF appearance have come out the other end all with similar one sided scorelines :

2006 Saints 26 Hull FC 4

2017 Leeds 24 Cas 6

2019 Saints 23 Salford 6

An each way bet might be slightly more attractive if you can get it at around 13/1 or 16/1 but, in spite of their great win last night, I don't think they'll be in the mix tbh.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

15 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

t's okay getting to the GF but winning it takes a special kind of mentality

15 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

2006 Saints 26 Hull FC 4

2017 Leeds 24 Cas 6

2019 Saints 23 Salford 6

It seems the GF is certainly a different occasion psychologically than the Challenge Cup.   The cup inspires upsets and surprise performances, whereas the grand final always feels like a match made for experienced champions. Warrington got within a few points 4 times and still didn't have that special strength to overcome the barrier.   I guess the GF is the occasion where you see thew true on-field leaders come to the fore... Tomkins, O'Loughlin, Peacock, McGuire to name just a few have all got that winning mentality that seems to be missing from the leaders of other teams.

If Hull KR were to finish 5th or 6th, that would be an excellent season. To win the comp, they would likely face a run (at present) of Wigan away, Catalans away, Warrington / Saints in the Grand Final. I cannot see them winning all of those fixtures and 66/1 seems about right to me.

Saying that, Hull KR have been playing some wonderful rugby of late and Tony Smith is doing an excellent job. They won't win the competition, but if they make the play offs that will be a huge success.

they will need to improve, wigan were shockingly bad last night i think anyone would admit that.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Don't want to be too unkind but you're aware of their last Cup final appearance aren't you?

It's okay getting to the GF but winning it takes a special kind of mentality and if you're not prepared you've almost certainly lost before the kick off. The three teams that have made just one GF appearance have come out the other end all with similar one sided scorelines :

2006 Saints 26 Hull FC 4

2017 Leeds 24 Cas 6

2019 Saints 23 Salford 6

An each way bet might be slightly more attractive if you can get it at around 13/1 or 16/1 but, in spite of their great win last night, I don't think they'll be in the mix tbh.

66-1 is enormous odds though

3 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

It seems the GF is certainly a different occasion psychologically than the Challenge Cup.   The cup inspires upsets and surprise performances, whereas the grand final always feels like a match made for experienced champions. Warrington got within a few points 4 times and still didn't have that special strength to overcome the barrier.   I guess the GF is the occasion where you see thew true on-field leaders come to the fore... Tomkins, O'Loughlin, Peacock, McGuire to name just a few have all got that winning mentality that seems to be missing from the leaders of other teams.

Would /will be great for a new winner

18 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

66-1 is enormous odds though

To be fair, I think most realistic Rovers fans would admit the odds reflect the chances of them winning it.

21 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

hull fc are 9-1 to win Super League. This means that the bookies think it is 9 times more likely that they will not than they will.

No it doesn't mean that. Bookies work on a system called the overround, whereby they change the odds to guarantee them a set % profit of the total book. They will push the price out sometimes to attract more money for a certain team and shorten the odds on another team to deter people from backing them, its not necessarily down to probabilities or volume of bets its about preserving the overround.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 20/06/2021 at 19:22, DimmestStar said:

hull fc are 9-1 to win Super League. This means that the bookies think it is 9 times more likely that they will not than they will.

This thread is about the odds on Hull KR winning the SL GF.

Care to explain why you decided to bring Hull FC into it?

Archived