Investigation at Bradford

12 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Probably why they’re holding an investigation tbh. 

Obviously but for in investigation there must be an idea of what happened, was it made by a fan in the stands, a club official, a player, a coaching staff member, was it during, before of after the game, was there an incident that caused it etc?

Am not going to post the whole thing as it's from a subscription piece by John Davidson on rugbyleaguehub.com but the allegations were, according to the report, aimed by Bulls supporter(s) at a referee during a recent game at Odsal. He quotes an RFL spokesperson as saying; "It was reported to the RFL within 24 hours of the match and has been referred to compliance." Davidson does directly quote one of the comments allegedly made but I'm not going to repeat it here.

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

Obviously but for in investigation there must be an idea of what happened, was it made by a fan in the stands, a club official, a player, a coaching staff member, was it during, before of after the game, was there an incident that caused it etc?

The touch judge?

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Am not going to post the whole thing as it's from a subscription piece by John Davidson on rugbyleaguehub.com but the allegations were, according to the report, aimed by Bulls supporter(s) at a referee during a recent game at Odsal. He quotes an RFL spokesperson as saying; "It was reported to the RFL within 24 hours of the match and has been referred to compliance." Davidson does directly quote one of the comments allegedly made but I'm not going to repeat it here.

Believe the club are aware of 2 fans allegedly involved and it was at the Newcastle game. They will release a comment when investigation is completed.  Hope the Club ban them if found guilty. its not right and probably result in a fine for the club.

I don’t know what has allegedly been said but in ‘the old days’ it was common for fans to label the referee as ‘bent’ in the ‘crooked’ sense. If that was today channelled at a referee who happened to be homosexual is it possible that it could be misconstrued? 

I do of course realise it’s not okay to accuse a person of being crooked either. Even though it’s clear every referee is involved in some sort organised criminal activity that the St Helens club is a victim of…

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I don’t know what has allegedly been said but in ‘the old days’ it was common for fans to label the referee as ‘bent’ in the ‘crooked’ sense. If that was today channelled at a referee who happened to be homosexual is it possible that it could be misconstrued? 

Not from the alleged quote, not misconstrued at all.

Archived