League 1 Bound

wayne_r

I think after today's loss against Halifax we will be playing in League 1 next season. I am a pessimist by nature so I cannot see the team wining enough out of the remaining 12 matches to stay up 😞 

The only question in my mind is who will come down with us and right now I think it will be Oldham - so next season we will have two local derby games to look forward to.

I would love to be wrong - lets hope I am and we get our first win of many next week away at London

16 hours ago, wayne_r said:

I think after today's loss against Halifax we will be playing in League 1 next season. I am a pessimist by nature so I cannot see the team wining enough out of the remaining 12 matches to stay up 😞 

The only question in my mind is who will come down with us and right now I think it will be Oldham - so next season we will have two local derby games to look forward to.

I would love to be wrong - lets hope I am and we get our first win of many next week away at London

I think relegation is sadly now inevitable. I too cannot see where enough wins will come from.

I think planning for League 1 should start now and by that I mean letting the younger players in the squad get game time - I know the club have / are trying to supplement the squad with loan players but that has proved fruitless in that the loan players get recalled or they don't have any impact. So my view - probably I am alone with this view is to start giving the younger squad members a chance. We are desperately short of a centre and an impact forward as we are missing Hatton and Forsyth - for me Rhodri should be in the second row. 

If we lose at Whitehaven away Wayne I agree, last chance saloon 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Let's keep the faith , I watched the London game on Our League ,and I have reasons for optimism,  Whitehaven will be a tough ask , but yes we need 6 wins and a miracle ,but Rugby League is the world's Greatest sport and anything can happen 

I haven't lost faith and yes teams are all beating each other so if we can get a win we may get run of victories - Whitehaven will be really tough especially as they beat York last week - but I we win there then we can win anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, wayne_r said:

Sadly, after yesterday's defeat to Sheffield I think we may pick up the odd win before the end of the season but honestly can't see us staying up 😞 Looks like Oldham will be going down with us though.

No neither do I in honesty.I think the losing at Oldham first game of the season saw the die cast for the season and we simply have not recovered from it.

The planning needs to start now,especially as there will be very little or no funding from the RFL next year.

I would imagine the club are already weighing the options should we be relegated - I am sure we will lose several key players along the way................and as Rochdale have found out, bouncing back isn't easy so we may be in League 1 for some time.

Of course the RL could change the rules again before the end of the season - anything is possible.

I am assuming its two up and two down - in which case ourselves and Oldham are favourites - but if York continue to slip down the table..........who knows.

Anyway, Dewsbury next week - so lets hope the revival starts then............

Archived