Hull KR postponements (Merged Threads)

Covid outbreak, in both clubs I think…

https://www.hullkr.co.uk/club-statement-saints-match-postponed 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Give the cup to Cas

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Yep the cases at Saints were in the women's team not the men's.

Can't see how we can realistically rearrange this and the Leeds game given we're in the cup final. More midweek games at the back end of the season would be stupid.

Just now, Moove said:

Can't see how we can realistically rearrange this and the Leeds game given we're in the cup final. More midweek games at the back end of the season would be stupid.

Aye, can see it not happening. They’ve set the season up for these eventualities eh, with the win % etc. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

15 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No cases at Saints, I believe. 

Not in the mens team, its the Saints womens team who had 5 positive cases over the weekend.

The 5 cases plus a large injury list meant that they only had 14 fit & available players for their game this weekend but because it doesn't meet the 7 player Covid limit set by the RFL they had to forfeit their game. Stupid rule for the womens game given they dont have all the junior tams to call up players from unlike the mens team.

HKR must be gutted to not be able to play this one given Saints would have lost half their team to the stupid 'All Stars' game this week and would be unavailable.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

20 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Not in the mens team, its the Saints womens team who had 5 positive cases over the weekend.

The 5 cases plus a large injury list meant that they only had 14 fit & available players for their game this weekend but because it doesn't meet the 7 player Covid limit set by the RFL they had to forfeit their game. Stupid rule for the womens game given they dont have all the junior tams to call up players from unlike the mens team.

HKR must be gutted to not be able to play this one given Saints would have lost half their team to the stupid 'All Stars' game this week and would be unavailable.

HKR would be missing five. It would have been quite a leveller but with Coote and Fages, I would have still fancied us. 

31 minutes ago, Moove said:

We don’t necessarily need to. I suppose that’s the point of the whole points percentage thing. 

23 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Aye, can see it not happening. They’ve set the season up for these eventualities eh, with the win % etc. 

I would not expect any team to try to fit in games in a now already congested season.  The point is that the non affected team is the one which is also has to be squeezed - unfairly.

All this on top of trying to prepare for the WC.

And of course given the increasing likelihood of teams not finishing on equal matches completed... Then will it be likely to go ahead with relegation?

Would SL then go for at least 1 season with 14 teams?    

59 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I would not expect any team to try to fit in games in a now already congested season.  The point is that the non affected team is the one which is also has to be squeezed - unfairly.

All this on top of trying to prepare for the WC.

And of course given the increasing likelihood of teams not finishing on equal matches completed... Then will it be likely to go ahead with relegation?

Would SL then go for at least 1 season with 14 teams?    

i dont see why, it was agreed that the league table would be by percentage because this was likely to happen. The fact they have already planned for this exact eventuality should get the RFL/SL some credit (it wont i know) and i dont see why things would change when they have already been planned for and a solution had already been found for if this eventuality came to pass.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

We don’t necessarily need to. I suppose that’s the point of the whole points percentage thing. 

True, although with the clubs saying it's postponed rather than cancelled that suggests they're looking to rearrange it.

I guess if another game needs calling off later in the season they could maybe rejig the fixtures at short notice like we did last season. Bit more difficult with being at home grounds and with fans now though.

17 minutes ago, RP London said:

i dont see why, it was agreed that the league table would be by percentage because this was likely to happen. The fact they have already planned for this exact eventuality should get the RFL/SL some credit (it wont i know) and i dont see why things would change when they have already been planned for and a solution had already been found for if this eventuality came to pass.

While i'm not saying any club is deliberately getting games cancelled the system still skews the table. Leeds for example have managed to avoid having to play the top 2 in the league in successive weekends, both games they had a fairly high percentage of losing, where as the other teams around them in the league may end up playing these top teams and actually losing, thus lowering their % win ratio.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

5 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

While i'm not saying any club is deliberately getting games cancelled the system still skews the table. Leeds for example have managed to avoid having to play the top 2 in the league in successive weekends, both games they had a fairly high percentage of losing, where as the other teams around them in the league may end up playing these top teams and actually losing, thus lowering their % win ratio.

I dont think anyone would argue the system is perfect but its the best that can be done in a bad situation. My point was that it was agreed upon and has been outlined since the start of the season. Therefore why would they need to change any of the other plans (relegation etc) when all they are doing is implementing the plan they had already made and agreed. 

(I would assume, and it is an assumption, that there are some form of safeguards and checks put in place so that you can not just arbitrarily call off games and you have to sumbit this to the RFL/SL before the game is officially postponed.)

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

I don't think it's in Leeds' best interest to leave their win percentage where it is at present! They'll need it higher to get in the playoffs.

Doubt many are worried about finishing bottom. Leigh will need to win a lot of games to move their percentage above others if they postpone more.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I don't think it's in Leeds' best interest to leave their win percentage where it is at present! They'll need it higher to get in the playoffs.

Doubt many are worried about finishing bottom. Leigh will need to win a lot of games to move their percentage above others if they postpone more.

This may be a fair point.  On the other hand the same problem might work the other way in terms of Championship promotion.  

The 'inevitable relegation of Leigh may indeed resolve itself in a few weeks, but trying to fit even more games into the season just has to be a bad idea.

4 hours ago, Moove said:

Didn’t stop the RFL penalising Salford last season with a 24 - 0 ‘defeat’ when they had exactly the same problem with a much smaller squad.

5 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Catalans -v- Leeds now back on.  It is scheduled for Friday, 16th July, in Perpignan, and will be live on BeIN Sports and Sky Sports

7 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

HKR would be missing five. It would have been quite a leveller but with Coote and Fages, I would have still fancied us. 

Their kicking game’s would be the big difference between the two sides. Which would probably have seen HKR pick up the two points. 

• John Drake changed the title to Hull KR postponements (Merged Threads)

Sounds like someone somewhere has not been following the protocols.  Why do we never hear the who what why where when of these things? If no one finds out this detail, how can more outbreaks be avoided? Jabbing them now still leaves them vulnerable for many weeks. 

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Sounds like someone somewhere has not been following the protocols.

And why hasn't Dimmest Star commented on this.

He seems far more interested in posting about Hull FC for some reason.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived