Barrow away

Unicorn 106

Will take that result today but still think it's a point lost, we shot ourselves in the foot in a bad ten minutes spell and then a stupid penalty in the closing minutes levels it, barra are a good team and had some great players missing just think that we could have pinched it but then again there was a clown in the middle who tried his best t spoil it , great attendance of 3, 146 that puts some super dooper teams to shame , well done everyone 🔵⚪

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I thought he was going on about Saving Private Ryan . Tough , we’ve been places struggling to get 13 men . He’s got no right commentating on we must improve our defence , we only go sideways and without Doran we’re nowt . Concentrate on your own lot

Very true David. Haven’t heard our club mentioning injuries, we just got on with it. It’s a pity Pez has torn a calf muscle, hope he’s not out too long. 

Overall it’s a good point , added into the end of last week . I’ve said before our biggest opponents are ourselves , I really don’t think there’s anything in this league to be frightened of 

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I thought he was going on about Saving Private Ryan . Tough , we’ve been places struggling to get 13 men . He’s got no right commentating on we must improve our defence , we only go sideways and without Doran we’re nowt . Concentrate on your own lot

Must be feeling the pressure of having assembled such a good squad and not being able to get the best out of it as he’s not managed to do for several seasons 

the lads dug deep as always , i was out of my seat when town started to make it interesting the travelling support must of been rocking , and by the sounds of it sounded like old times with away fans bringing back many good memories of the town army , i thought a big momentum swing especially the last 20 mins or so , towns back 3 handled the high balls very well today i thought under a lot of pressure.

28 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Had to nearly cry when we were attacking in 2nd half Dec was looking for a quick play the ball, Forster and Duffy were slow getting to there feet and he stopped the clock. Unbelievable!

My thoughts exactly. Forster showing his experience there I thought. As for crarey's comments; take the best half back out of every team and they'd struggle. 

Showed what good a team we are that 2nd half when we cut out the errors and penalties. 

How can Paul Crarey twine about the match Barrow scored 14 points first with Town only having 12 men on the park .

Everything was going Barrow's way the first half then Town was the better team the second half .

Come on Paul just say how the match was a tail of two halves and stop twining. Both teams missed kicks that could've won them the game.  Let's give credit where it's due.

Two incidents at the end sum Crashley up. He gave them a penalty when their man was as responsible for the collision as ours was. Then in our last set of 6, from 30 yards out, Henson quite deliberately ran straight at their 2nd acting halfback cos he wasn’t square. It was a penalty all day, but that clown in charge chose to ignore it. Penalty and a 24-26 victory…. the man is a clown, but he’s in good company with Carey from all accounts.

what a good derby, barrow have done a great job improving the bar facilities around craven park, town did well to come back in the game after the sin bin were barrow got two trys, very impressed with marwood in his first game of the season,took control of the ruck and town went forward a lot better and the team got going,

10 minutes ago, Town utd said:

what a good derby, barrow have done a great job improving the bar facilities around craven park, town did well to come back in the game after the sin bin were barrow got two trys, very impressed with marwood in his first game of the season,took control of the ruck and town went forward a lot better and the team got going,

I like having Henson and Marwood in the 17 , they can do some damage around the ruck 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Used to like Crarey but he's turned into an arrogant p####. Well done Town, not sure what that last penalty was for and they should have been down to 11 after the  High tackle on Doran. Travelling support super today.  UTT 💙💙💙💙💙

I had us as slight underdogs today then when I seen the size of Barrow warming up I was even less confident but it shows what I know as the effort & commitment given was just tremendous. Cus & Fitzy for me we’re just brilliant, their work rate against bigger forwards was outstanding. I thought Henson should’ve had a pen at the end all day long but only the ref knows why he didn’t give it. If you’d have given me a point at ht I would’ve bit your hand off but funnily enough I walked out the ground a bit disappointed we were only leaving with the one point at the end . But, a massive well done to the lads & staff overall. UTT.

12 minutes ago, Onreport said:

According to Barrow forum we apparently were average and without penalties wouldnt have got out of our 20, must have been a different game to the one I  watched??????

Seen that, they must all be related to Craery 

Just got back ( what an awful journey that is) 

Its a shame we had that idiot as the ref as it was still a good game despite his best efforts to spoil it.

Thought we were in for a long day after I saw the size difference of both teams then we lost Jake early on, and had Caine in the bin. ( BTW I was disappointed with Dallimore feigning injury until he got the yellow then jumped up) He did catch him and nowadays it is ten minutes but there's no need for shithousery. 

But fair play we ran the second half and JD was outstanding, think we were fitter and our lads in the pack put a proper shift in handling their big lads with no interchange props left. I thought there was only one team gonna win it after we got our noses in front, then the clown kept us on the back foot again. Forster had a big game for them as he always seems to do against us.

We switched play well, and could have sneaked it but can't argue with a draw I suppose. UTT!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

21 minutes ago, Onreport said:

According to Barrow forum we apparently were average and without penalties wouldnt have got out of our 20, must have been a different game to the one I  watched??????

Me to, penalty count in first half was 8-2 in Barrows favour, was only when Caine was sin binned they scored 12 points. Our speed at the ruck in the second half created our penalties together with Adam Walnes tackling technique which involved trying to take a head off 3 times. 
 The way they are talking about players missing through injury you’d think they were the only team in the league that have them. Rugby league is a squad based game, be great if you could put your best 17 out every week but unfortunately it very rarely happens. It’s how you handle those times when you’ve got players missing that counts.

Hope Lightowler and Fell are both ok they looked as though they both fell very awkwardly.
Big shout out to Fell , Young and Holroyd who handled the kicking game of Barrow very well and made some good yards. 

Didn't make the game but watched on the app. Town were very impressive 2nd half and I think I few more minutes and we could of walked away with the win. 

From what I seen it looked like town got a few more high tackles than the ref blew the whistle for... Barrow slowed us down at the play the ball and a few other decisions I dont understand. 

Marwood put a bit of speed back in the pack when it was needed with tired legs, he definitely needs to be getting more game time. 

Doran was brilliant as always, Holroyd stood out to me and Dec was involved in a lot of tackles. 

But a good team effort by all. 

Would like to see town put that much passion into every game. 

Supporters sounded great... couldn't hear any barrow supporters for the town army !

Town the better team for most of the game, Dallimore collided with Forber, Crashley awards a penalty in front of the sticks, seconds later 2Barrow players impede Henson, Crashley stops the clock to give them time to get in position, 3 tries disallowed for crossing, 2 of which where the right decision, but the 2 nd one looked ok on the tv.

Still we scored more tries than Barrow, 

Well done Town.

One of those games where you end up with mixed feelings. Delighted that we fought back from 22-6 down, but disappointed we got into a winning position and couldn’t close it out. I suppose if someone had offered us a draw beforehand we would have taken it.

Just shows how small things can change things. Town with all the momentum looking for the try to clinch it, Clarke stopped on the line, Forster feigns injury and sits down for 2 minutes while his team get a breather, momentum killed. Also, when the scores were tied Jake Moore makes a half break on 3rd tackle and tries to slip the ball to Buffer on their 30. If he takes the tackle instead we have 2 more to get set for the drop goal. Instead ball goes to ground and chance missed. Those small percentage plays can make such a difference. Not blaming Jake though, thought he had a great game today.

Some soft tries conceded in that first half though, particularly the Walne and Dowsett ones. Still got a lot of work to do on that goal line defence, it’s been our weak spot all season.

As for Crashley, least said the better. He’s simply not up to reffing at this level. The best you can say about him is that he’s consistent. Consistently awful that is.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

19 minutes ago, bobg said:

Town the better team for most of the game, Dallimore collided with Forber, Crashley awards a penalty in front of the sticks, seconds later 2Barrow players impede Henson, Crashley stops the clock to give them time to get in position, 3 tries disallowed for crossing, 2 of which where the right decision, but the 2 nd one looked ok on the tv.

Still we scored more tries than Barrow, 

Well done Town.

Not according to barrow forum Bob, very blinkered, only team to have injuries apparently, one contributor even named their two signings this week as missing regulars, lol

14 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Not according to barrow forum Bob, very blinkered, only team to have injuries apparently, one contributor even named their two signings this week as missing regulars, lol

Every team in the league has injuries , Lot of time for Cresta as a coach, but by god he is a bad loser, came over very arrogant on radio think he expected to win easy today.

Roll on for next week Mike.

Archived