Barrow away

Unicorn 106

There are single celled organisms trapped hundreds of miles beneath the frozen ice sheets of Europa since the dawn of the universe that have developed greater refereeing skills than Crashley

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance today but still think we need a fui fui in our team to open up defences 

Personally don't think Marwood gave us what we haven't already had would much rather have Henson my game time and have Goulding on the bench 

58 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Not according to barrow forum Bob, very blinkered, only team to have injuries apparently, one contributor even named their two signings this week as missing regulars, lol

Quite so, I thought it was hilarious when they classed Liam Harrison as one of their missing, having just signed him. He wanted to sign for us back in 2018(?) and come out of retirement, when we signed Ollie Wilkes, but we were told not to touch him as he wouldn’t last a month. I think they forgot that Dean Marwood wasn’t available for them also! ( I merely jest, Deano).

45 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Great performance today but still think we need a fui fui in our team to open up defences 

Personally don't think Marwood gave us what we haven't already had would much rather have Henson my game time and have Goulding on the bench 

Yes we do need another prop to help out but Marwood backed up and scored a good  try 

Blaine changed the game . Very sharp runs at the defence .scored a try . What more could he give!  . Do Town twine about injuries NO . They just get on with it . Pez Stevie and even Elliott who hasn't played all season were missing . The biggest thing what's happening in a game which needs sorted is the fake injuries teams are doing when they have been under pressure to get a breather .Every team we have played have all done it . Maybe we should so we get our defence line sorted  . But that's not the answer. The Ref as got to be a bit stronger and tell them to get off the pitch .At halftime I would have taken a point to but at fulltime I was disappointed we didn't take both . Dalimore gets tackled in his own half does a roll over The ref turns round sees him going head over heels after he had been tackled and gives a penalty . Then on the last tackle gives them a penalty on the last tackle in front of the sticks . Don't know what the final penalty count was .but how many were genuine .  Still well done for keeping in the game after being so far behind. UTT 

48 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Blain Marwood is a brilliant guy to have in the squad. To my mind he gives you something different, he is quick, very elusive and tackles way above his weight. His backing up is second to none and is versatile in position as was shown when he went to full back today. If he’s earned his chance through training good luck to the lad he certainly won’t let anybody down. He’s even inherited his dads trait of geeing the crowd up after he scored.

Blaine changed the game . Very sharp runs at the defence .scored a try . What more could he give!  . Do Town twine about injuries NO . They just get on with it . Pez Stevie and even Elliott who hasn't played all season were missing . The biggest thing what's happening in a game which needs sorted is the fake injuries teams are doing when they have been under pressure to get a breather .Every team we have played have all done it . Maybe we should so we get our defence line sorted  . But that's not the answer. The Ref as got to be a bit stronger and tell them to get off the pitch .At halftime I would have taken a point to but at fulltime I was disappointed we didn't take both . Dalimore gets tackled in his own half does a roll over The ref turns round sees him going head over heels after he had been tackled and gives a penalty . Then on the last tackle gives them a penalty on the last tackle in front of the sticks . Don't know what the final penalty count was .but how many were genuine . Still it shows if we can sort out giving the ref the chance of giving away penalty

30 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Blain Marwood is a brilliant guy to have in the squad. To my mind he gives you something different, he is quick, very elusive and tackles way above his weight. His backing up is second to none and is versatile in position as was shown when he went to full back today. If he’s earned his chance through training good luck to the lad he certainly won’t let anybody down. He’s even inherited his dads trait of geeing the crowd up after he scored.

Yes Blain played well but what did he give us what we haven't had for the past 8 weeks 

3 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Yes Blain played well but what did he give us what we haven't had for the past 8 weeks 

I think that’s a question for Chris Thorman, he obviously thought that was the correct selection for the game. It wasn’t as if there weren’t other forwards in the squad and to be honest I don’t think it worked too badly. 

Blaine played well, but changing the game is pushing it a bit. Jamie Doran was the one that took the game by the scruff of the neck for us. I think if Blaine is pushing the other hookers,  on current form Dec is the one to be nervous of his place. But what a great problem to have.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

11 minutes ago, IanMac said:

I think that’s a question for Chris Thorman, he obviously thought that was the correct selection for the game. It wasn’t as if there weren’t other forwards in the squad and to be honest I don’t think it worked too badly. 

Yes but how can a coach chose 4 hookers over a prop against a bit team and expect to get a win yes we got a good result today but what has it taken out off our forwards 

agree with town2018, town definitely need some size in the front row, barrow looked a lot bigger in the pack,Dec and Henson both played well today and past week's,but did think town played there best rugby of the season in the last 20mins with marwoods service from acting half to Doran think town would have scored again if town would have kept that combo but the injury to fell changed that.

Cresta whinging about injuries and our style of play is pathetic. Very disrespectful of Chris Thorman who has coached and played at the highest level, unlike Cresta. 🙄. We probably had 3 of our best players missing today in Elliot, Stevie and Pez, Stack the only player missing for them who can influence a game IMO. 

13 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Cresta whinging about injuries and our style of play is pathetic. Very disrespectful of Chris Thorman who has coached and played at the highest level, unlike Cresta. 🙄. We probably had 3 of our best players missing today in Elliot, Stevie and Pez, Stack the only player missing for them who can influence a game IMO. 

Add to Stack.......Shaw, Miloudi, Hulme, Tyson, Toal, Ben Harrison, Jordan Walne 

8 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

Add to Stack.......Shaw, Miloudi, Hulme, Tyson, Toal, Ben Harrison, Jordan Walne 

I like how you say the last two players full names to extend the list. Its a squad game.  All clubs have injuries. 

8 hours ago, town4me said:

I like how you say the last two players full names to extend the list. Its a squad game.  All clubs have injuries. 

He missed an opportunity by not putting their middle names there...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

17 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

Ha ha, it was because they have brothers in the squad 🤣

TBH i don't really know much of barrows heavily beleaguered squad. Any middle names you want to add to extend the list a bit or maybe you should stop with the excuses.

Archived